The Top 50 Quarterbacks In NFL History

any arguments here?.......when i saw mike phipps i knew it was legit...lol

I don't know about Phipps. Not sure I can agree with putting a guy with a winning record (38-31-2) on a worst quarterbacks list - he played for some shitty teams (I should know, I'm a Browns fan).
The rest of the list though is pretty spot on - I had forgotten about some of them.

Players I would remove from this list:
  • Drew Bledsoe
  • Eli Manning
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Cam Newton
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Mark Brunell
  • Fran Tarkenton
  • Donovon McNabb
  • Randall Cunningham
  • Joe Flacco
  • Bob Griese
  • Rich Gannon
  • Mike Vick
  • Carson Palmer

• Drew Bledsoe
  • Eli Manning
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Cam Newton
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Mark Brunell
  • Fran Tarkenton
  • Donovon McNabb
  • Randall Cunningham
  • Joe Flacco
  • Bob Griese
  • Rich Gannon
  • Mike Vick
  • Carson Palmer
I would leave Tarkenton on but I'm OK with the rest of your list.
(didn't even notice Gannon was on the list - he should go).

• Drew Bledsoe
  • Eli Manning
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Cam Newton
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Mark Brunell
  • Fran Tarkenton
  • Donovon McNabb
  • Randall Cunningham
  • Joe Flacco
  • Bob Griese
  • Rich Gannon
  • Mike Vick
  • Carson Palmer

I saw Plunkett finally get his shot in OAKLAND and win a bunch of games in row. Then The Oakland Raiders completed their long, controversial season tonight by defeating the Philadelphia Eagles, 27-10, in Super Bowl XV.

Takenton was great thru the purple people eater era? At the time of his retirement, Fran owned every significant passing record – 3,686 pass completions, 47,003 passing yards, and 342 touchdowns. But particularly in his early years, Tarkenton attracted widespread attention as an exciting scrambler who took plays from sideline to sideline.

Lamar Jackson is winning but a bit of an ARSE to not show up for playoffs. Its' early on him. I don't think he can throw the sideline out route but has other tools to make up for it.

Randal Cunningham.......I guess I am partial to QB who can move. vs. Statue Marino types. Vick too.

Here's a list of players that I saw on Facebook the other day, and there seems to be a great deal of discussion about where these guys were on the list and who was left out.

View attachment 804478

To begin with Justin Herbert was left off of the list, because I've seen several of these QBs play over the years, and he's better than they are by a long shot.
Carson Palmer and Mark Brunell don't even belong on this list.
Justin Herbert is better than Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers by leaps and bounds.
Most people wouldn't know this because most fans never see the Chargers play week after week like I have over the years.

Mahomes is too low. He's probably already top 10 but honestly if his career continues even remotely the way it's currently projected his only competition is Brady. Barring terrible injury...

No way Bradshaw is below Rodgers. Rodgers has 1 SB appearance and has a 50% win rate in the PO. (Mahomes has as many PO wins as Rodgers.....)

Lamar is a star but no way he should be in ahead of Burrow.

I saw Plunkett finally get his shot in OAKLAND and win a bunch of games in row. Then The Oakland Raiders completed their long, controversial season tonight by defeating the Philadelphia Eagles, 27-10, in Super Bowl XV.

Takenton was great thru the purple people eater era? At the time of his retirement, Fran owned every significant passing record – 3,686 pass completions, 47,003 passing yards, and 342 touchdowns. But particularly in his early years, Tarkenton attracted widespread attention as an exciting scrambler who took plays from sideline to sideline.

Lamar Jackson is winning but a bit of an ARSE to not show up for playoffs. Its' early on him. I don't think he can throw the sideline out route but has other tools to make up for it.

Randal Cunningham.......I guess I am partial to QB who can move. vs. Statue Marino types. Vick too.
Lamar Jackson is the reason that the Ravens can't get to the playoffs.....because he can't stay healthy.
Probably smokes too much dope.
But running QBs will never make it thru an entire NFL season now that it's 17 games because they take too much of a beating. The players are too big and just maul QBs if they still have the ball.
Plunkett was an average QB on great teams.
Randall Cunningham had a great arm....but I don't know about his decision making.

Mahomes is too low. He's probably already top 10 but honestly if his career continues even remotely the way it's currently projected his only competition is Brady. Barring terrible injury...

No way Bradshaw is below Rodgers. Rodgers has 1 SB appearance and has a 50% win rate in the PO. (Mahomes has as many PO wins as Rodgers.....)

Lamar is a star but no way he should be in ahead of Burrow.
Mahomes should be top 5.
But he gets a lot of help from #87 Kelce.

Top 50? LOL... As if someone can make a determination between the 29th and 28th "greatest" QB.

As a Raiders fan, I can say that Plunkett does not deserve to be on a top 50 list. I don't know where he ranks but its certainly not in the top 50 QBs of all time. He was an accurate passer but didn't have any velocity outside of 10-20 yards on the ball. An out route was hold-your-breath time whenever he threw one. Never threw for 3000 yards I don't think.

Steve Young isn't a top 10 QB. C'mon.

• Drew Bledsoe
  • Eli Manning
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Cam Newton
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Mark Brunell
  • Fran Tarkenton
  • Donovon McNabb
  • Randall Cunningham
  • Joe Flacco
  • Bob Griese
  • Rich Gannon
  • Mike Vick
  • Carson Palmer
Any of those players it depends if you saw them play. And in the stadiums is more of an eye opener as you see the whole field. I believe Randal Cunningham in today's NFL would totally lights out.

Forum List

Back