The Thread to Complain about Things from the COVID Era that are Still Annoying

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Doesn't have to be important, minor irritations welcome.

I have many, but I'll start with one: restaurants that reduced services in ways that made no sense as anti-COVID measures, and who have continued them long after they stopped other measures. One thing that annoys me is that many of them stopped providing salt shakers and for fast food, stopped having easily available salt packets.

My wife and I are a couple of teachers, so we don't eat at expensive restaurants often. We treat ourselves about once a paycheck to a Texas chain called Pappas Seafood. With the latest inflation, we don't get out for less than seventy bucks. And I have to ask for a freakin' salt shaker. When I do, I get paper packets of salt instead.

Also, a couple of our restaurants stopped some sauces during COVID and still do not have them. At the above mentioned Pappas Seafood no Thousand Island dressing. Why? At Chuy's Tex-Mex, none of their red table sauce. Other sauces, but not that one that we like.

Obviously, not an Earth-shaking issue. Just an annoyance I wanted to vent about.

LiBtards alone in cars wearing a mask.
LiBtards alone on a street wearing a mask.
Yeah, I may be a grumpy old man on this one.

But it is really starting to piss me off to see people still in masks, Anywhere, but especially in those kinds of place where they are so freakin' useless.

I wanna say, "you realize that it is because of idiots like you that the country was turned upside down for more than a year?"

The people who supported mandatory Covid restrictions, now claiming that they only supported voluntary restrictions.
Yes, we will see more and more of those kind of denials as the absurdity of the COVID response finally becomes apparent to even the most dense.

In ten years, the COVID panic will be like the Pet Rock. Everyone old enough will remember it, but no one will admit that they bought it.

Forum List

Back