The Tea Party Says Nothing Will Happen If We Default

Do you suppose you could actually quote someone saying that?

From the same link

Notice how quickly Bripat ran away weeping when you called his bluff? :lol:

It's easy to see that the Tea Party is firmly in control of the GOP and calling the shots. The true Speaker is now Ted Cruz.

The goal of 2014 should be directed towards removing radicals.
I agree. To that end, we need to remove at least 20 Senate Democrat seats and replace them with Senators who have sound finanical backgrounds so that we can begin to move toward a sane budget for this country.

Do you have a link for this claim?

Tom Colburn just said it on a clip on Morning Joe. There has already been a huge drop in consumer confidence. -15 points.

This isn't a damn game, Boehner.. Get government open ya idiot.

Notice how quickly Bripat ran away weeping when you called his bluff? :lol:

It's easy to see that the Tea Party is firmly in control of the GOP and calling the shots. The true Speaker is now Ted Cruz.

The goal of 2014 should be directed towards removing radicals.
I agree. To that end, we need to remove at least 20 Senate Democrat seats and replace them with Senators who have sound finanical backgrounds so that we can begin to move toward a sane budget for this country.

I actually understand how you can be so confident here. You all were extremely confident that you were doing nothing wrong in 2012 and Romney would win the election in a landslide.

Wrong headed thinking but I understand it coming from you and your party. :cuckoo:

This isn't a damn game, Boehner.. Get government open ya idiot.
[/QUOTE]

cool, Obama gave his job up to Boehner ?

first order of business he should lay Obama off, he's just taking up space not LEADING A COUNTRY

Love how the liberals search the internet to find a politician that says what they want to hear, then calling him the leader of the Tea Party movement.

The funny thing is that you morons actually think it has meaning at all.

While I have virtually no faith or trust in professional politicians at this point, I refuse to believe that the Tea Party politicians don't understand the ramifications of even the HINT of a default.

That would mean they have no understanding of international economies and markets, no appreciation of America's role in international financial systems, no knowledge of how a weakened image of America's financial stability manifests as competitive governments and currencies sense blood in the water, no understand of the damage that can be done to an already terribly fragile domestic economy, NONE of it.

I have to believe they understand this and will not let this continue much longer. If they truly don't understand what this means, we're in even worse shape than I thought.

Why do you find this so hard to believe? I mean this is EXACTLY what they said they would do. Right?

So either they lack the understanding that you fear they do or they are out and out liars.

Either way, it's a problem for the rest of us.

Let me run this by our dimocrap pals one more time......

Our Debt costs us between 18 and 19 Billion a Month.

National Debt Interest Payments Dwarf Other Government Spending [CHART] - US News and World Report

We take in an average of roughly 227 Billion a Month... (actually more, I'm being Conservative)

U.S. Posts Widest Monthly Surplus Since 2008 on Revenue - Bloomberg

US Monthly Treasury Receipts

With no deficit spending, that leaves us WELL over 200 Billion Dollars AFTER we pay our interest on the debt with which to run the Country.

Is it enough? No, it is not.

But it's WAY past time we had a serious discussion about what to cut and where.

What's going on now is the scumbag-in-chief is showing us, in REAL TIME what it is he will cut if we force him into a corner.

Veterans Benefits, Military Benefits, National Parks.... Anything that will hurt Conservatives, he'll cut.

While catering to dimocrap scum like he did with allowing the illegal beaners to demonstrate on the National Mall....

Which segues into another point....

Why aren't dimocrap scumbags, here and everywhere, screaming about how, "It's the LAW!! It's SETTLED Law!! Immigration Law is SETTLED!!! The House, The Senate and the president signed off on it!! It's the LAW!!! The SCOTUS ruled on it!!! It's the LAW!!! It's the LAW OF THE LAND!!!!!"

scumbag motherfuckers

Easy brah...

Touchy aren't we?

-Geaux

No. Bored. So many of you just don't get shit. It is like talking to a toddler.

OK- I can dig it

Speaking of talking to the young

-Geaux

Obamalecturn.jpg

Bush.jpg

:eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo:

I hope you noticed ... only one of those presidents was actually speaking in front of children.

They say it's all a hoax being perpetuated on us like global warming.

But if the Default does affect us and it does a lot of harm to our economy, do you suppose the Tea Party will take responsibility for making a bad prediction, or do you suppose they'll then blame President Obama for it?

if we default

it means the president has broken the law

But if the Default does affect us and it does a lot of harm to our economy, do you suppose the Tea Party will take responsibility for making a bad prediction, or do you suppose they'll then blame President Obama for it?

if we default

For the 53rd time

We cannot DEFAULT.

Read the constitution Sec XIV ...if Obama does not order the Treasury to pay its debt obligations, he will not be doing his duty as President.

We cannot DEFAULT.

Read the constitution Sec XIV ...if Obama does not order the Treasury to pay its debt obligations, he will not be doing his duty as President.

yuppers

We cannot DEFAULT.

thank you, but I doubt that will stop this idiocy...how would they hate on the Tea Party?

if we default

For the 53rd time

but only the ones he does not like

--LOL

We cannot DEFAULT.

Since borrowing money is the responsibility of the Congress, how does failure to pay back that obligation fall on the president?

It's going to be horrific!!
Worse than the sequester !!
We all remember how terrible they said that was going to be.......
What a joke!!

The Sequester was and is pretty bad.

Austerity is impacting, directly, job growth. As well as economic growth in general.

It's hit programs geared at feeding kids, cancer research, scientific research, education, infrastructure and a plethora of other things.

At some time, people are going to start saying "Why are we no longer the number one economy".

This..and maybe the default, will be the reason.

We cannot DEFAULT.

Since borrowing money is the responsibility of the Congress, how does failure to pay back that obligation fall on the president?

It's quite a quandary.

The President is obligated to pay the debts and the congress is obligated to fund his requests.

This is what happens when you start playing games.

You cause this sort of "crisis".

Well, its hard to get dumber than a tea bagger. No level of education will change their stubborn ignorance.

Technically ignorance can be remedied by education. However stupidity is a lifetime affliction for which there is no known remedy.

It's going to be horrific!!
Worse than the sequester !!
We all remember how terrible they said that was going to be.......
What a joke!!

The Sequester was and is pretty bad.

Austerity is impacting, directly, job growth. As well as economic growth in general.

It's hit programs geared at feeding kids, cancer research, scientific research, education, infrastructure and a plethora of other things.

At some time, people are going to start saying "Why are we no longer the number one economy".

This..and maybe the default, will be the reason.

Sadly you're very right...
-WE're no longer number one in education
-WE're coming close to losing our edge in science
-We're no longer number one in infrastructure

In all these ways the tea party reminds me of the Muslim brotherhood. :(

Forum List

Back