The Tea Party Says Nothing Will Happen If We Default

The new talking point is that even if we hit the debt ceiling....and do not raise it....we will not default because we have plenty of money to cover our debts.

Everything is going to be just fine.

Just need to double up the printing presses, I mean, that works....right?

-Geaux

The new talking point is that even if we hit the debt ceiling....and do not raise it....we will not default because we have plenty of money to cover our debts.

-Geaux

You idiot. Learn when someone is being sarcastic. Read what I said. Fuck.

-Geaux

Easy brah...

Touchy aren't we?

-Geaux

Easy brah...

Touchy aren't we?

-Geaux

No. Bored. So many of you just don't get shit. It is like talking to a toddler.

OK- I can dig it

Speaking of talking to the young

-Geaux

Obamalecturn.jpg

Bush.jpg

Man, what a group of retards...Steve King, Michele Bachmann, Paul Broun, Ted Cruz....who the hell would be the least bit proud of this group of imbeciles?? They're nothing short of a national embarrassment!

1) Only a complete and utter knob-slurping idiot of the first magnitude uses snopes for.... Anything. Read up on what complete phonies they are (there's only two of them, like Mutt & Jeff, Abbot & Costello, etc)

2) The United States pays roughly $18 Billion a Month to service its Debt.

3) The United States, RIGHT NOW, takes in roughly $227 Billion in Taxes every Month.

4) Do the math.

5) Idiots

1) Only a complete and utter knob-slurping idiot of the first magnitude uses snopes for.... Anything. Read up on what complete phonies they are (there's only two of them, like Mutt & Jeff, Abbot & Costello, etc)

2) The United States pays roughly $18 Billion a Month to service its Debt.

3) The United States, RIGHT NOW, takes in roughly $227 Billion in Taxes every Month.

4) Do the math.

5) Idiots

Infrastructure, science and tech has been around the same percent of the gdp for the past 60 years. What charged? SSI, Medicare, food stamps, massive bail outs and wars...That's what charged. You're going to slice the wrong areas and ignore the areas that do need to be cut.

another thread started for nothing but hate on something someone MADE UP and is a lie

no links, NO NOTHING

Last edited:

While I have virtually no faith or trust in professional politicians at this point, I refuse to believe that the Tea Party politicians don't understand the ramifications of even the HINT of a default.

That would mean they have no understanding of international economies and markets, no appreciation of America's role in international financial systems, no knowledge of how a weakened image of America's financial stability manifests as competitive governments and currencies sense blood in the water, no understand of the damage that can be done to an already terribly fragile domestic economy, NONE of it.

I have to believe they understand this and will not let this continue much longer. If they truly don't understand what this means, we're in even worse shape than I thought.

Do you have a link for this claim?

Here you go..

For Ted Yoho, government shutdown is ?the tremor before the tsunami? - The Washington Post

“I think we need to have that moment where we realize [we’re] going broke,” Yoho said. If the debt ceiling isn’t raised, that will sure as heck be a moment. “I think, personally, it would bring stability to the world markets,” since they would be assured that the United States had moved decisively to curb its debt.
For Ted Yoho, government shutdown is ?the tremor before the tsunami? - The Washington Post

That's the most ludicrous thing I ever heard.

Rand Paul: ?We Are Winning? Like Charlie Sheen | Video Cafe

So please..

good ole washingtonCompost, pumping out the propaganda just for people like you all

one article and that make's all the PEOPLE in the Tea party

please people, get a grip on life

Last edited:

While I have virtually no faith or trust in professional politicians at this point, I refuse to believe that the Tea Party politicians don't understand the ramifications of even the HINT of a default.

That would mean they have no understanding of international economies and markets, no appreciation of America's role in international financial systems, no knowledge of how a weakened image of America's financial stability manifests as competitive governments and currencies sense blood in the water, no understand of the damage that can be done to an already terribly fragile domestic economy, NONE of it.

I have to believe they understand this and will not let this continue much longer. If they truly don't understand what this means, we're in even worse shape than I thought.

Why do you find this so hard to believe? I mean this is EXACTLY what they said they would do. Right?

So either they lack the understanding that you fear they do or they are out and out liars.

Either way, it's a problem for the rest of us.

I heard that 4% of our gdp will be destroyed with defaulting. At least.

Countries with either positive GDP, Job Growth, rising wages, low inflation & interest rates or shrinking deficit should not default. The USA is currently positive in all categories. It is retarded that so many feel we should default. Our positive +3% GDP will fall to negative -4.6% creating an instant recession if we do it without missing any debt payments.

Forum List

Back