The Tax Case Against Donald Trump

It's run by one of the few jurisdictions that has ever successfully prosecuted white collar crime. Turns out it's really hard to prosecute rich people for anything in a plutocratic nation. It makes national news when any of them has to go to some minimum security country club.

You want proof the NY tax case against Trump is political? It's run by the New York politicians, not the state tax agency.
Nothingburger is a gross understatement.

Should be summarily tossed the minute it comes before a judge.
I underpaid my income taxes one year by mistake. The IRS sent me a letter. The DA did not arrest me. There is all the proof you need. Why did they wait 15 years to notify Trump???? The whole thing smells.

You want proof the NY tax case against Trump is political? It's run by the New York politicians, not the state tax agency.
Nothingburger is a gross understatement.

Should be summarily tossed the minute it comes before a judge.
I underpaid my income taxes one year by mistake. The IRS sent me a letter. The DA did not arrest me. There is all the proof you need. Why did they wait 15 years to notify Trump???? The whole thing smells.
Tax evasion is when you knowingly engage in fraudulent activities in order to avoid taxes. Making a mistake is a common occurrence but the things the Trump organization did cannot be portrayed as anything other than willful, knowing tax fraud.

but the things the Trump organization did

Which things?
It has been alleged that they claimed millions in personal expenses as business expenses. Things like rent, travel and tuition were written off. It may never have come to light if not for Michael Cohen. The IRS will chase the $1000 we might owe to ends of the earth but people like Trump just get away with stuff, usually.

Who runs RICO prosecutions in New York?

"That suggests there will be other charges that will have much tougher penalties.

"And I think the record is increasingly showing that something I’ve been saying for about a year is going to happen, that eventually there will be an indictment for New York state racketeering enterprise.

"The state has a RICO law, like the federal government. It requires showing three felonies.

"This indictment shows numerous felonies.

"And it would allow prosecutors to have a judge appoint a receiver to take control of the Trump Organization as a criminal enterprise."

"That suggests there will be other charges that will have much tougher penalties.

"And I think the record is increasingly showing that something I’ve been saying for about a year is going to happen, that eventually there will be an indictment for New York state racketeering enterprise.

"The state has a RICO law, like the federal government. It requires showing three felonies.

"And it would allow prosecutors to have a judge appoint a receiver to take control of the Trump Organization as a criminal enterprise."

RICO requires a conspiracy of many people.

It has been alleged that they claimed millions in personal expenses as business expenses. Things like rent, travel and tuition were written off.

Sounds horrible!
Why didn't the IRS notice?
Yeah, next time a city cop tries to give me a speeding ticket I am going to ask why the Highway Patrol didn't notice, see how that flies.

Gov. Cuomo stands accused of sexual abuse. His executive order during the Covid epidemic might be evidence enough to indict him of 10,000 cases of negligent homicide but the NY "judicial system" focuses on Trump. How is that possible in the 21st century?

Gov. Cuomo stands accused of sexual abuse. His executive order during the Covid epidemic might be evidence enough to indict him of 10,000 cases of negligent homicide but the NY "judicial system" focuses on Trump. How is that possible in the 21st century?
NY is corrupt to it's rotted core that's how. I lived there and witnessed it first hand.

RICO requires a conspiracy of many people

Many people knew of this scam. See, here is the problem. The Trump organization had internal spreadsheets that considered the rent on the apartment, the payment of utility bills, tuition to a private school for Weisselberg's kids, lease on two Mercedes, carpet for his apartment in Florida, cash at Christmas distributed by writing a check to another person who then cashed it and gave Weisselberg the money, and many other expenses as Weisselberg's compensation. But they didn't report it as such to the IRS. STUPID

They were pushing the envelope, and they might be able to mount a defense, except for their own internal documentation that pretty much verifies it was all a damn scam. Leaving a paper trail is pure amateur.

Forum List

Back