The social-distancing police are among us. Would you call out a neighbor for unsafe practices? Or call 911?

One hundred thousand people who were alive three months ago that would still be alive if it weren't for this damned virus. Around here, it is the elderly ladies who step in and seamlessly organize sandwiches and coffee for the funeral services, who still lick a stamp and send you a birthday card so there's something besides junk mail and bills in the mailbox. Who hold the bake sales every Saturday at the Grange Hall to raise money for the church. And Every. Biscuit and Quart of Baked Beans is sold by 9:30 a.m. Who can tell you the family genealogy back at least three generations of most families in town. And they can tell some stories, I tell ya. Many of these people are in their seventies and eighties and they still run their own homes and have families they love, follow the Red Sox, dicker down tradesmen, follow their favorite authors via the public library, enjoy a drive to the beach, or a trip for a good fresh clam roll.

But their lives mean nothing to you.
The rich full life you described here means a great deal to me. It happened because they were free to make it happen for themselves.

A pathetic existence locked in one's house, eking out a meager lonely survival as an economic slave to an oppressive government is what you are advocating by acquiescing to these conditions being placed on free people. Fuck that....

A life well lived matters to me.
Amen to that :thup:
iu

One hundred thousand people who were alive three months ago that would still be alive if it weren't for this damned virus. Around here, it is the elderly ladies who step in and seamlessly organize sandwiches and coffee for the funeral services, who still lick a stamp and send you a birthday card so there's something besides junk mail and bills in the mailbox. Who hold the bake sales every Saturday at the Grange Hall to raise money for the church. And Every. Biscuit and Quart of Baked Beans is sold by 9:30 a.m. Who can tell you the family genealogy back at least three generations of most families in town. And they can tell some stories, I tell ya. Many of these people are in their seventies and eighties and they still run their own homes and have families they love, follow the Red Sox, dicker down tradesmen, follow their favorite authors via the public library, enjoy a drive to the beach, or a trip for a good fresh clam roll.

The rich full life you described here means a great deal to me. It happened because they were free to make it happen for themselves.

A pathetic existence locked in one's house, eking out a meager lonely survival as an economic slave to an oppressive government is what you are advocating by acquiescing to these conditions being placed on free people. Fuck that....

Well, thank you for recognizing that they count. :eusa_clap:

They would roll their eyes at you if you said they had been robbed of their freedom by an oppressive government, though. They remember government rationing of everything from meat to gasoline to stockings during WWII. It was just something they needed to deal with, and it was tough--it went on for years, not months. Not easy when you've got a table full of hungry fishermen and farmers to feed three times a day. I'd hate to see what some people would say now if as a citizen you were allowed no more than 1 pound of beef per week. If you wanted to take a trip to Boston, say, you had to buy other people's gasoline coupons, or not drive a long time to save them up.

The government had a reason then and they've got a reason now.

Trump wasnt president. No need to kill the greatest economy ever

The greatest economy in the world?

Pfffft. People couldn't last 1 month without a $1200 piece of cheese and getting into bread lines that wrap around the corner.

What happened about all of that extra money everybody had in their paychecks that we kept hearing about over and over and over again?

Get real. lol.

People were being sold an economic distortion. And they ate it up like candy for no other reason than poltical partisanship. We had four cents on the dollar worth of purchasing power before this virus and we'll have less afterward, but we still only had about four cents worth in the first place. And 21 trillion dollars worth of debt, I'd add.

The economy was already toast, they couldn't lie about it anymore. They couldn't keep lying about the effect of inflation on the standard of living by manipulating the CPI anymore either. They tried going with the chained CPI gig in order to hide the effect, but that didn't work. Predictably. And this convenient pandemic has served as a perfect distraction away from the root cause. Which is the Federal Reserve itself. It's also served as a great drill to lay the groundwork for making sure people don't get outta line when it gets worse. And it will.

The electorate would do well to wake up and pay attention. Because all of this fake left/right dick waving about whose tyrant is better than the other guy's tyrant is laughable at best. With the exception of a very, very small group of genuine free-market folks in Washington, pretty much all of em are trustees in the same failed monetary policy.

Let me ask this. While Trump's ever faithful groupies were complaining about him being spied on, when's the last time anyone heard him complain about the electorate being spied on? I'll say never. He doesn't give a fuck about you. lol. We just had bipartisan legislation passed to collect up all of our data and not a peep from Trump about that. We also have little Napoleons all over the country acting on CDC recommendations that he could rescind with the stroke of a pen. Has he done it? Of course not. Do you know why? Because he's playing both sides of the fence and he knows his base won't think beyond the colors red and blue long enough to start asking why he hasn't rescinded them. He's working with the little Napoleons to completely negate the way it used to be where the legislature made the laws and the executive executed them. Now the little Napoleons are making up law arbitrarily as they go. He could recind their premise for being able to do that. But he hasn't.

If people would take just a moment to pay the fuck attention, I think they'd find the love affair to be one-sided.

The only entities at all who will benefit from any of this are the patent holders like Fauci and the pharmaceutical companies who stand to make trillions. It's a picture-perfect repeat of what we saw after 9/11 when the defense industry made a fortune while we lined up and dropped our pants in the TSA line or marched through Chertoff's x-ray machines. Fauci is effectively the new Michael Chertoff in that regard.

Trump is no different than Bush or Obama. He's smply continuing their models. He's just the new face that Gingrich and that bunch squeezed in there when they realized that over 50% of the electorate were tired of the two party ruse. He's an illusion of difference in a time when the electorate is more concerned with the letters D and R versus peace, prosperity and civil liberties. Nothing more.
You're more than welcome to leave and get your worthless ass to hell out of this country if you find it so aggressiously full of faults and shortcomings. It's not as if you'll be missed except in a good way. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. May I suggest China, North Korea or Venezuela as your possible choice of destination. They'll take good really good care of you there.
How is speaking out against the Federal Reserve and the farce of our monetary system such an evil, unAmerican thing to do in your eyes? True patriots speak out against corruption and subversion. He is not anti-American for speaking out against the deception, the exact opposite is true. The anti-Americans are the globalist powers-that-be who control both "sides" and have been destroying our country before our eyes, while fooling the public into thinking we still have a say when we vote every 4 years..... and the red / blue helmet wearing blind partisans who enable them.

How is speaking out against the Federal Reserve and the farce of our monetary system such an evil, unAmerican thing to do in your eyes? True patriots speak out against corruption and subversion. He is not anti-American for speaking out against the deception, the exact opposite is true. The anti-Americans are the globalist powers-that-be who control both "sides" and have been destroying our country before our eyes, while fooling the public into thinking we still have a say when we vote every 4 years..... and the red / blue helmet wearing blind partisans who enable them.

Hey, nice sig.

It's a wave!

They would roll their eyes at you if you said they had been robbed of their freedom by an oppressive government, though. They remember government rationing of everything from meat to gasoline to stockings during WWII. It was just something they needed to deal with, and it was tough--it went on for years, not months. Not easy when you've got a table full of hungry fishermen and farmers to feed three times a day. I'd hate to see what some people would say now if as a citizen you were allowed no more than 1 pound of beef per week. If you wanted to take a trip to Boston, say, you had to buy other people's gasoline coupons, or not drive a long time to save them up.

Yeah, they do...... the reason is, they wanna see how much oppression you will all tolerate.
They're trying to see what you will let them get away with.

Think of them like a drunk, horny teen-aged boy in the backseat of a car with you, lady...... he's going to do as much as you will let him.
You can set some boundaries and keep your shirt on, or you can deal with that unwanted pregnancy.

Yeah, they do...... the reason is, they wanna see how much oppression you will all tolerate.

Think of them like a drunk, horny teen-aged boy in the backseat of a car with you, lady...... he's going to do as much as you will let him.
You can set some boundaries and keep your shirt on, or you can deal with that unwanted pregnancy.

Yep, pretty much.

96766056-3330284367005593-7840653336482152448-n.jpg

That's a good analogy. Are we still having coffee and sugar rationed? I don't believe you.

"
Here come the Social Distancing Police.
They don’t carry badges, they don’t wear uniforms. They are not actual police officers, and no one is going to formally deputize them. But they are watchful, and alarmed, mostly disgusted and, though it’s hard to see at times, idealistic. Even well-meaning. They don’t like what they see, and they hate what they must do but — YOU! Your shopping cart! It’s TOO close! SIX FEET! Some shout, some gesture and expect you to get the point. Some call actual police, phone an aldermen, even email their park district.
Many others, they head for Facebook, Twitter, the neighborhood app Nextdoor, where they register horror — a lack of consideration they just witnessed by a fellow Chicagoan. They wonder why everyone is suddenly a jogger. They report coffee houses for a lack of masks. They call 311 to report 12 people sitting a little too close on the grass in a park.
They are you, they are us.

Interestingly the Left has become what they claim to abhor. They'd never admit it but this their roots. The "true believers" believe it is their "RIGHT" to tell others what to do, how to think and how to live their lives. Make no mistake, there are those on the Right who do this too just not to the degree that Progs do. A always, Chicago is the perfect example.
No one has a "right" to infect others, "some" of whom may be at a much greater risk than the asses who ramble unabashed around others with reckless abandon.

At what point does stand your ground apply? I don't know if that gun you point my way is loaded but I have to assume so.
No one's fears have a right to take others' rights. If you fear to catch the virus, YOU are more than welcome to stay home.

This virus is NOT a death sentence, let's all get that notion out in the open.
It's not fear. It's risk mitigation. Everyone needs to go out, dope. Is it too much to ask that people respect the fact that others may have an increased risk and give others their space and air? Why is it more important for you to be a prick for no reason?
1. Risk mitigation applies to the person assessing the risk, not to others.

2. If I thought something outside my door was going to be 100% certain to kill me, nothing would induce me to go out.

3. It is not too much to ask, what is too much is getting a tyrannical government to enforce it at the threat of imprisonment, which leads to 4.

4. We are not slaves of the state nor vassals of the Governors. We are free men with rights that this government is forbidden from taking away from us.

This IS fear. You can control it, or you can allow it to control you.

This virus is NOT a death sentence.

By all means, if you fear it, stay home and stay away from people. DO NOT presume to tell Me how to live. You are unqualified to do so.
100k dead says you're an idiot. Your insistence that a simple matter of public health is tyranny says you're a paranoid idiot. The fact that you care nothing for your fellow man says you're a sociopathic idiot.
Any way you slice it, you are damaged.
100k dead out of a population of 350 million says your a moron.

Of those who have caught the virus, less than 1% have died from it.

This virus is NOT a death sentence to the vast majority of this country and world. Those who are not at risk should get to work and just bitch slap little pussies like you.
100k dead out of a population of 350 million says your a moron.

Of those who have caught the virus, less than 1% have died from it.

This virus is NOT a death sentence to the vast majority of this country and world. Those who are not at risk should get to work and just bitch slap little pussies like you.
It is a potential death sentence for a great many people. So far, it's worked out to about 10k a week. The fact that you try to minimize that fact only serves to prove my point.
Potential is a fairytale. The fate of your life is in your hands, not the hands of others.

That's a good analogy. Are we still having coffee and sugar rationed? I don't believe you.
I know you don't believe me, but you should...... because I have known these folks all my life, and I did their dirt overseas for a paycheck.

I am one of the fucking savages they sent to kick doors, shoot people, blow up and burn down their homes, call artillery down on their villages, etc. all while throwing black bags over heads and flex-cuffs on the men and dragging them to a helicopter so they could be transported to a facility where they would be tortured.

I am the same sort of monster they are with the only distinction being that I draw a line at doing these things to my own countrymen, which is why I refused all those job offers from law enforcement.

You should believe me because when I tell you that your government doesn't care about your well-being, and only wants to control and exploit you, I know whereof I speak.

"
Here come the Social Distancing Police.
They don’t carry badges, they don’t wear uniforms. They are not actual police officers, and no one is going to formally deputize them. But they are watchful, and alarmed, mostly disgusted and, though it’s hard to see at times, idealistic. Even well-meaning. They don’t like what they see, and they hate what they must do but — YOU! Your shopping cart! It’s TOO close! SIX FEET! Some shout, some gesture and expect you to get the point. Some call actual police, phone an aldermen, even email their park district.
Many others, they head for Facebook, Twitter, the neighborhood app Nextdoor, where they register horror — a lack of consideration they just witnessed by a fellow Chicagoan. They wonder why everyone is suddenly a jogger. They report coffee houses for a lack of masks. They call 311 to report 12 people sitting a little too close on the grass in a park.
They are you, they are us.

Interestingly the Left has become what they claim to abhor. They'd never admit it but this their roots. The "true believers" believe it is their "RIGHT" to tell others what to do, how to think and how to live their lives. Make no mistake, there are those on the Right who do this too just not to the degree that Progs do. A always, Chicago is the perfect example.
No one has a "right" to infect others, "some" of whom may be at a much greater risk than the asses who ramble unabashed around others with reckless abandon.

At what point does stand your ground apply? I don't know if that gun you point my way is loaded but I have to assume so.
No one's fears have a right to take others' rights. If you fear to catch the virus, YOU are more than welcome to stay home.

This virus is NOT a death sentence, let's all get that notion out in the open.
It's not fear. It's risk mitigation. Everyone needs to go out, dope. Is it too much to ask that people respect the fact that others may have an increased risk and give others their space and air? Why is it more important for you to be a prick for no reason?
1. Risk mitigation applies to the person assessing the risk, not to others.

2. If I thought something outside my door was going to be 100% certain to kill me, nothing would induce me to go out.

3. It is not too much to ask, what is too much is getting a tyrannical government to enforce it at the threat of imprisonment, which leads to 4.

4. We are not slaves of the state nor vassals of the Governors. We are free men with rights that this government is forbidden from taking away from us.

This IS fear. You can control it, or you can allow it to control you.

This virus is NOT a death sentence.

By all means, if you fear it, stay home and stay away from people. DO NOT presume to tell Me how to live. You are unqualified to do so.
100k dead says you're an idiot. Your insistence that a simple matter of public health is tyranny says you're a paranoid idiot. The fact that you care nothing for your fellow man says you're a sociopathic idiot.
Any way you slice it, you are damaged.

Get out from under your bed and live kid.
Get out from under your bed and live kid.
Without a doubt, I live better than you.
You're still mired in the purile rage that percolates every time you imagine a challenge to your privilege no matter how slight.

You don't challenge anything son. "Purile rage"? Did you have to look that up?
"Live better than you"? Sure you do, just ask you.

Now if you had the "power" what would you do to those of us who will not take the vaccine?

Then stay under your bed.

I know you don't believe me, but you should...... because I have known these folks all my life, and I did their dirt overseas for a paycheck.

I am one of the fucking savages they sent to kick doors, shoot people, blow up and burn down their homes, call artillery down on their villages, etc. all while throwing black bags over heads and flex-cuffs on the men and dragging them to a helicopter so they could be transported to a facility where they would be tortured.

I am the same sort of monster they are with the only distinction being that I draw a line at doing these things to my own countrymen, which is why I refused all those job offers from law enforcement.

You should believe me because when I tell you that your government doesn't care about your well-being, and only wants to control and exploit you, I know whereof I speak.
I wish you could put the war behind you and be at peace. It's got your thinking processes all fucked up.

I wish you could put the war behind you and be at peace. It's got your thinking processes all fucked up.
I'm clear as a bell and I sleep like a baby..... no regrets and no remorse here. Shit, most of it was fun as hell.

But I am informed and you are not, so you should listen to what I say, instead of trying to insinuate I am somehow damaged and as a result, not credible.

I'm clear as a bell and I sleep like a baby..... no regrets and no remorse here. Shit, most of it was fun as hell.

But I am informed and you are not, so you should listen to what I say, instead of trying to insinuate I am somehow damaged and as a result, not credible.
Okay. Glad to hear it.

Okay. Glad to hear it.
You're not going to listen are you?

Typical woman..... :rolleyes:

I had a restaurant worker freak out because I walked into the restaurant to pick up carryout (with a mask on).
Didn't you know wearing a mask in a restaurant is tantamount to bank robbery? That's a felony because the waitress can't recognize a poor tipper to charge him with felony trespass, felony violation of a restraining order, felony loitering, or felony drunkenness in public. And don't you dare go in there without mask, either, because that's a felony social distancing violation to threaten the workers with the risk of infectious disease, but somehow they're still in business and they're sure accepting your money no matter what.
Wearing a mask in a restuarant could lead to starvation too. Do these people ever even try to think?

Spetznaz?

Forum List

Back