The SCotUS has cleared the way for Legalized Polygamy.

And a brother and sister, or sister and sister, or brother and sister and then throw in some fathers and mothers an it should also be recognized, otherwise it is discrimination.

Lions and tiggers, and bears....oh my!!!!

cats and dogs, living together, mass hysteria!!!!!!

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

not living together....married. So they can visit each other in hospitals and inherit each other's money.

Christianity teaches that we do have the ability to overcome our natural selves and be born again through the atonement of Christ.....

so straight men can choose to be gay?

Anyone can choose to have any kind of sex they want. You miss the point though. Just because something is natural does not make it right.

Becoming born again doesn't mean straight men should choose to engage in homosexual sex. It means they shouldn't give into their natural passions and instead follow the commandments the Lord has proscribed. They are given the ability to overcome the flesh by the power of the Spirit.

As a religious arrangement, Polygamist marriage is workable. As a legal framework? Not so much.

Marriage is a joining of two individuals into a couple, able to make legal and medical decisions for one another. Who makes decisions in a polygamist marriage?

As a religious arrangement, Polygamist marriage is workable. As a legal framework? Not so much.

Marriage is a joining of two individuals into a couple, able to make legal and medical decisions for one another. Who makes decisions in a polygamist marriage?

In most cultures, it's the Head of Household or the man.

In many cases, these were both one in the same.

The one with the power of attorney

Anyone can choose to have any kind of sex they want....

Sorry, but I cannot choose to get horny from a guy.

I'm not bi-sexual. Perhaps YOU can but I can't.

If I offered you $100 million to smooch another man, you wouldn't do it?

It's not about smooching or even fucking. Could "whoever" fall in love, honor and cherish in mind and body, someone of the same sex?

Being gay is no more only about sex than being heterosexual is.

That's culturally. I'm asking in the legal framework of US marriage laws.

It's not about smooching or even fucking. Could "whoever" fall in love, honor and cherish in mind and body, someone of the same sex?

It's not about that. The discussion is about whether or not a man can 'choose' to be attracted to another man, whether physically or emotionally.

I could fall in love with another woman, but the question is whether or not I can make that choice. The discussion is all about choice. I choose not to be attracted to fat gays, but somehow shorter guys are okay.

I really don't know how that works...

That's culturally. I'm asking in the legal framework of US marriage laws.

That is the legal framework in other cultures. It's call customary law...

The OP is stupid.

Comparing same-sex marriage to polygamy is stupid.

Of course it is. Why on earth would we possibly compare two types of proposed marriage arrangements? It makes no sense.

Or else you just completely lost your argument and you realized it so now you're saying this is stupid despite the fact that you just argued it for at least the past hour.

one of those.

I can't "choose" to be sexually attracted to a man.

I'm not bi-sexual.

Anyone who thinks one can "choose" to be sexually attracted to a man or a woman, has just admitted that THEY are bi-sexual.

your saying a social status defined solely based on whom you have sex with has absolutely nothing to do with sex?

love has nothing to do with the conversation. Most people have no clue what real love is.

Forum List

Back