The Scars of Christ

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
I find it rather interesting that after the resurrection Jesus' body wasn't made whole again and I think that's because of two different reasons. He wanted to prove who He was, and He also wanted a reminder of how much He loved us. :)

1. What about Joe Biden?
2. Why do you have to go and bring politics into this? It's a religious topic not a political one. :rolleyes:

You brought politics into it when you posted it. Your FJB completely negates your point. I would say the same thing for someone that had something similar about Trump.

God may or may not exist.
It is equally possible that 'God" could be an evil entity as much as God could be a good entity.

Looking at this evil world and all the suffering....which seems more plausible?
Other than the words of men in the Bible, you have no evidence either way.

Christ and God are man made terms....Muslims call him 'Allah". There have been thousands of 'Gods" man has created throughout history.

Choose the one that suits your frailty and needs best and enjoy.

I find it rather interesting that after the resurrection Jesus' body wasn't made whole again and I think that's because of two different reasons. He wanted to prove who He was, and He also wanted a reminder of how much He loved us. :)
If you know your bible, help me with this? Why suggest that his body wasn't made whole and why would it matter?
I for one will take this topic seriously if that's your intention.

I personally dont believe in his resurrection, but hypothetically speaking, there are probably many reasons why his scars could have been reported to be there. The first is, those reports were false. He may have been resurrected, but him having scars was misreported (even modern day "professional journalists" misreport things). The few people who did witness his resurrection probably couldnt even write, so whomever wrote that probably wasnt there to see it himself.

Or, Jesus wanted them to see the scars, or God wanted the scars there, thought I'm not sure why, since we know he basically disappeared after that, so its not like they wanted to show the scars to the world, which Jesus could have done if he wanted to, assuming his resurrection didnt have a limited duration. Maybe the resurrection "magic" only lasted for a few days, then he died and went to Heaven. Its hard to theorize since there inst anything written about it in the bible.

Or, God just overlooked the scars when he threw down his divine powers. Maybe he figured bringing him back from the dead was all that mattered.

Or, maybe not all of gods powers are perfectly planned down to the most minor detail. Maybe there is some randomness at play.

Because Thomas put his hands through His body when he started doubting the fact that He had truly risen.
Thanks. I'm not so sure that says he wasn't made whole.
Just curious about the point you're trying to make.
Fwiw, I'm not a believer, but I'm not here to spam the thread.

Because if He had scars then He wasn't made whole after His resurrection. Come on now! :rolleyes:
"Made whole" may not have meant to be taken so literally. If someone was brought back from the dead, its pretty appropriate to say they were "made whole", scars or not.

Because if He had scars then He wasn't made whole after His resurrection. Come on now! :rolleyes:
You didn't mention any scars and I wasn't aware of the claim that he had scars. Is that consistent in all 4 stories?

Do please keep in mind that I'm asking from a POV of an atheist who is curious about the accepted theories.

You didn't mention any scars and I wasn't aware of the claim that he had scars. Is that consistent in all 4 stories?

Do please keep in mind that I'm asking from a POV of an atheist who is curious about the accepted theories.
I have to admit, im not so sure either now, but isnt that were "stigmata" came from? Christs scars?

Yeah, I dont know if Christ's scars are mentioned in the bible, but at the very least, the existence of his scars have been in Christian mythology for a LONG time.

I believe the Gospel accounts reported wounds. I would also keep in mind this was before his ascension to the Father.

That's the title of this thread. -___-
Yes, and I should have taken the 'scars' literally.
You're not answering my questions and so I'll leave it at that unless you do.

The reason why I was curious is because his body would have been made whole or not according to his preference, and so would be of little concern to him personally.

But that's getting a little too far into the story for an atheist and so I don't seen any reason to pursue the issue any further. But thanks for taking what I've said seriously.

New Topics

Forum List

Back