The Return Of The Teal Pumpkins

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point in this project. Why can't parents just look through their children's candy and take out what he or she is allergic to?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point in this project. Why can't parents just look through their children's candy and take out what he or she is allergic to?

Why does this kinda thing trigger you guys so much? Nobody is forcing you to do it, buy it, or in anyway participate in it. Why does it bother you when it isn't going to affect you in any way?

Have you ever witnessed a kid having an allergic reaction?

Maybe you should quit thinking about yourself.

Have you ever witnessed a kid having an allergic reaction?

Again, why can't it be the parent's job to sort it all out? Why should it be the job of other people? Also if you're that worried about it don't take your child trick-or-treating. It's that simple.

It’s funny they assume many people even know what teal tri or treat pumpkins even mean. I had no idea until I read this. Most people probably assume the kid just wanted a different color, if they even notice it at all

I thought teal pumpkins were for autism, but that's wrong--those are blue. That had to happen because adults, always making it about them of course, got teed off when the kids didn't pipe up with a "THANK YOU" after each piece of candy.

Should kids have proper manners? Of course.

But imagine being cheesed off that kids, excited about Halloween, didn't give you your feel-good "thank you" moment. People were so cheesed off they yelled at kids and parents for not saying "THANK YOU".

Those people should not give out candy. Yeah, I said it. If the kids don't delight you, just forget the entire thing.

I thought teal pumpkins were for autism, but that's wrong--those are blue.
What’s the point of autistic trick or treaters identifying themselves? To warn people to be sensitive?

Or is it just an awareness thing?

Bizarre.

Why do Conservatives always get outraged over showing consideration for others?

A teal pumpkin indicates the kid has food allergies and you shouldn’t give them something with peanuts.

Why do you want to give them peanuts anyway and say……Let the parents worry about it?

Why do Conservatives always get outraged over showing consideration for others?

A teal pumpkin indicates the kid has food allergies and you shouldn’t give them something with peanuts.

Why do you want to give them peanuts anyway and say……Let the parents worry about it?

To be fair though, it should be on the parents to make sure their children don't eat any food they're allergic to. No one can expect neighbors to buy products that will cater to their allergies. It's up to families to do that after, at home.

Our son has a severe peanut allergy; at one point it was Level 6 on the RAST blood test. He had a couple of very serious reactions. Still, we never expected society to cater to him. It was up to us--and then him--to learn to live safely in a world with peanuts/nuts.

To be fair though, it should be on the parents to make sure their children don't eat any food they're allergic to. No one can expect neighbors to buy products that will cater to their allergies. It's up to families to do that after, at home.

Our son has a severe peanut allergy; at one point it was Level 6 on the RAST blood test. He had a couple of very serious reactions. Still, we never expected society to cater to him. It was up to us--and then him--to learn to live safely in a world with peanuts/nuts.

As a parent, wouldn’t you prefer that you do not have to throw out half your kids candy?

If a kid shows up at your door with a teal pumpkin, how hard is it for you to give him something without peanuts?

But, you are Conservative, why should a Conservative be expected to make an effort.

As a parent, wouldn’t you prefer that you do not have to throw out half your kids candy?

If a kid shows up at your door with a teal pumpkin, how hard is it for you to give him something without peanuts?

But, you are Conservative, why should a Conservative be expected to make an effort.

Because I'm not a liberal, so I don't expect the entire world to bend to my issues/maladies/victimhood/whatever.

We always bought candy that was safe for our son, to swap out with the peanut candy. That was OUR responsibility, not those of our neighbors.

Forum List

Back