The Republican solution to all American poverty is “well find a better paying job.” Here’s why that doesn’t make sense.

This solution would of course apply on a micro level for specific people. It isn’t a solution to poverty itself, however. For one thing, higher paying jobs are greatly outnumbered by lower paying jobs. That means that inevitably millions of people will fail to get higher paying jobs regardless of how hard they tried. It’s a matter of simple mathematics. And even if the wealth of opportunity was there, who would be left to fill all those low wage service jobs vital to the functioning of the economy?

Republicans don’t have solutions to poverty besides this. The only way to alleviate poverty is 1) corporations deciding to pay more on a wider scale or 2) Government intervention.
People who purposely don't want to work by finding numerous ways not to work should live in poverty and squaller. I have zero sympathy for them, and that includes many single mothers.

LMAO, don't think your ignoring post 47 earns you a pass on anything. It just proves what a fraud your are.

What are you even referring to? The anecdote you heard on the radio? That means nothing if it doesn’t apply to the economy in general.

What are you even referring to? The anecdote you heard on the radio? That means nothing if it doesn’t apply to the economy in general.

Sure it does, but once again you deny reality in favor of your commie propaganda. Have you ever had an original thought?

Sure it does, but once again you deny reality in favor of your commie propaganda. Have you ever had an original thought?

Anecdotes mean jack shit. Do you make conclusions based any anecdote you hear? Probably not. Statistics is what matters.

Anecdotes mean jack shit. Do you make conclusions based any anecdote you hear? Probably not. Statistics is what matters.

You fucking asshole, I see help wanted signs everywhere I go and none are advertising minimum wage. And I didn't hear an anecdote, I heard the actual help wanted ad and have been hearing that same ad for weeks.

You fucking asshole, I see help wanted signs everywhere I go and none are advertising minimum wage. And I didn't hear an anecdote, I heard the actual help wanted ad and have been hearing that same ad for weeks.

Lol them paying at least $8 or $9 per hour is not anything new, dude.

This solution would of course apply on a micro level for specific people. It isn’t a solution to poverty itself, however. For one thing, higher paying jobs are greatly outnumbered by lower paying jobs. That means that inevitably millions of people will fail to get higher paying jobs regardless of how hard they tried. It’s a matter of simple mathematics. And even if the wealth of opportunity was there, who would be left to fill all those low wage service jobs vital to the functioning of the economy?

Republicans don’t have solutions to poverty besides this. The only way to alleviate poverty is 1) corporations deciding to pay more on a wider scale or 2) Government intervention.
The best way not to be poor in the US is not help elect Democrats with their failed Leftest economic and social policies that destroys jobs.

The best way to have better paying jobs available is to elect representatives that are committed to Capitalism and less government interference in the private sector, that grows the economy.

If all the work you are capable of doing in the US is flipping burgers then that is your problem, not mine. You should have learned more in school and developed better work habits. Sitting around all day long smoking pot and playing video games and voting for Democrats will not get you a $100K a year job.

The best way not to be poor in the US is not help elect Democrats with their failed Leftest economic and social policies that destroys jobs.

The best way to have better paying jobs available is to elect representatives that are committed to Capitalism and less government interference in the private sector, that grows the economy.

If all the work you are capable of doing in the US is flipping burgers then that is your problem, not mine. You should have learned more in school and developed better work habits. Sitting around all day long smoking pot and playing video games and voting for Democrats will not get you a $100K a year job.
See the blatant stupidity of what you are saying is that poverty is based solely on lazy stoners playing video games. The causes of poverty are complex and are not for one primary reason. Are lazy stoners part of the problem? Certainly so. That just doesn’t summarize the problem. You think it does because you like the idea of you being part of some small, handful group of hard working tough manly men while everyone else is scum! You think this because it makes you feel good about yourself. Deep down you are insecure.

See the blatant stupidity of what you are saying is that poverty is based solely on lazy stoners playing video games. The causes of poverty are complex and are not for one primary reason. Are lazy stoners part of the problem? Certainly so. That just doesn’t summarize the problem. You think it does because you like the idea of you being part of some small, handful group of hard working tough manly men while everyone else is scum! You think this because it makes you feel good about yourself. Deep down you are insecure.
Poverty is based upon one thing - stupidity.

It could be individual stupidity by someone that is too sorry to do what is necessary to provide a good well being.

It could also be collective stupidity when idiots elect government representatives that fuck up the economy with failed Leftest policies.

Like those morons that voted for Potatohead and did nothing when he stole the election. What we got for that stupidity is runaway inflation, high cost of fuel, lower family income and more poverty.

All of us are made poorer by having a dufus like Potatohead running the economy.

Just like Americans were in the 1930s when the idiots elected that FDR dufus that extended the great Depression seven years longer than it it should have lasted with failed government policies. Or when Obama was elected and increased poverty, raised taxes, decreased family income, sent jobs overseas, had piss poor economic growth and put us $10 trillion in debt with nothing to show for it.

Yep, Dave Ramsey says the sure cure fix for being broke is a 4 letter word, called "WORK"?

Nope, talking 15-18+ an hour. Still in your own little commie world I see.

There are some business paying those wages these days in an attempt to attract more workers, but it would be important to look between the lines. How many of those jobs guarantee full time employment with benefits? I know you said the one you heard on the radio does, but that is likely very atypical. Also, it’s very likely that once this work shortage is resolved, those same companies will go back to their shit wages.

There are some business paying those wages these days in an attempt to attract more workers, but it would be important to look between the lines. How many of those jobs guarantee full time employment with benefits? I know you said the one you heard on the radio does, but that is likely very atypical. Also, it’s very likely that once this work shortage is resolved, those same companies will go back to their shit wages.

Run along commie, you're a waste of oxygen.

On the surface it is not for the lack of trying when it comes to eliminating poverty. The federal government alone has spent tens of trillions of dollars. State, local and city governments taxes has gone up in massive numbers also with a lot of it going to this issue. The rules are not too stringent, or people have found ways to get around it or just abuse it. Intentions can be benevolent, but people make it look malevolent.

Perhaps, but at that point it's time to seek a career that pays a decent wage. That's what I did. If I did it, anybody can do it.

Perhaps, but at that point it's time to seek a career that pays a decent wage. That's what I did. If I did it, anybody can do it.
No not anyone can do it. This is basic common sense of what I am saying here. I guess I’ll say it again so you’ll understand it. Higher paying jobs are greatly outnumbered by lower paying jobs. That means it is mathematically impossible for millions of people to get a higher paying job. The amount of jobs is insufficient. And again, even if the opportunity was there for those millions of people, who would be left behind to fill those low wage service jobs vital to the economy?

I don’t understand how this basic logic escapes you. I really don’t.

And YOUR solution is to import millions of unskilled illegal aliens to take what jobs there are.

DURRRRRR

New Topics

Forum List

Back