The Republican solution to all American poverty is “well find a better paying job.” Here’s why that doesn’t make sense.

This solution would of course apply on a micro level for specific people. It isn’t a solution to poverty itself, however. For one thing, higher paying jobs are greatly outnumbered by lower paying jobs. That means that inevitably millions of people will fail to get higher paying jobs regardless of how hard they tried. It’s a matter of simple mathematics. And even if the wealth of opportunity was there, who would be left to fill all those low wage service jobs vital to the functioning of the economy?

Republicans don’t have solutions to poverty besides this. The only way to alleviate poverty is 1) corporations deciding to pay more on a wider scale or 2) Government intervention.

And where did you find this information? Because you make a lot of statements presented as facts but no information to back up said statements and if you're going to say Republicans as in all of them you need to show where the majority of Republicans are stating that.

You seem to confuse your opinion as fact a lot of times as almost all your posts are just you throwing out a biased opinion as if it were irrefutable proof. And all of your opinions you post are never about anything except to express how much you dislike Republicans. They all sound like inane ramblings people spewed out that didn't really mean anything when blogs were still a big deal.

As a Republican and being a blue collar one that has known a whole lot of Republicans from my experience our way out of poverty is with ambition, hard work, smart work and being responsible.

Bill Cosby and Oprah are both fine examples because they were poor, and black to boot. But they both worked hard, had ambition and managed to succeed. Even the head of sanitation where I work, he makes north of 100k a year and he came from a poor and broke ass family in a shitty town and he didn't even go to college. He worked hard, always volunteered to learn more and do more at work and over the course of 10 or 12 years he makes excellent money.

In America at least poverty is a state of mind, it isn't a unsolvable situation with no escape. Even in the ghetto man the buses run everyday.

You're mentally impoverished as well because you only see things one way with one outcome. That's why all you do is sit here and hate Republicans because you won't look out the window and see there is a lot more out there with other possibilities.

Their economies haven’t drawn anyone in either.
As an example, unions get raises but over a decade or 2 it causes prices of goods and services to rise and we wind up with plenty of people who are defined as poor because the increase in MW for a non-union member does not match the Union raise.
I don’t think any of this based on actual opinions of legitimate economists.

And where did you find this information? Because you make a lot of statements presented as facts but no information to back up said statements and if you're going to say Republicans as in all of them you need to show where the majority of Republicans are stating that.

You seem to confuse your opinion as fact a lot of times as almost all your posts are just you throwing out a biased opinion as if it were irrefutable proof. And all of your opinions you post are never about anything except to express how much you dislike Republicans. They all sound like inane ramblings people spewed out that didn't really mean anything when blogs were still a big deal.

As a Republican and being a blue collar one that has known a whole lot of Republicans from my experience our way out of poverty is with ambition, hard work, smart work and being responsible.

Bill Cosby and Oprah are both fine examples because they were poor, and black to boot. But they both worked hard, had ambition and managed to succeed. Even the head of sanitation where I work, he makes north of 100k a year and he came from a poor and broke ass family in a shitty town and he didn't even go to college. He worked hard, always volunteered to learn more and do more at work and over the course of 10 or 12 years he makes excellent money.

In America at least poverty is a state of mind, it isn't a unsolvable situation with no escape. Even in the ghetto man the buses run everyday.

You're mentally impoverished as well because you only see things one way with one outcome. That's why all you do is sit here and hate Republicans because you won't look out the window and see there is a lot more out there with other possibilities.
Where do I find this information? Based on what you people say. This is from you for example:

“As a Republican and being a blue collar one that has known a whole lot of Republicans from my experience our way out of poverty is with ambition, hard work, smart work and being responsible.”

That’s already my sentiment of how republicans want to solve poverty.

This solution would of course apply on a micro level for specific people. It isn’t a solution to poverty itself, however. For one thing, higher paying jobs are greatly outnumbered by lower paying jobs. That means that inevitably millions of people will fail to get higher paying jobs regardless of how hard they tried. It’s a matter of simple mathematics. And even if the wealth of opportunity was there, who would be left to fill all those low wage service jobs vital to the functioning of the economy?

Republicans don’t have solutions to poverty besides this. The only way to alleviate poverty is 1) corporations deciding to pay more on a wider scale or 2) Government intervention.
I'm not a registered reoublican , but my suggestion would be to improve on your fifth grade education. There are certainly some menial jobs for which you are well-suited, but these don't pay much.

You need to develop some marketable skills, first.

I hope that helps, and good luck in your search.

President Trump cut government regulations, supercharged energy production and in general took action to grow the economy aggressively which resulted in improved opportunities for the poor and working class to move up. That is the path.
Trump’s best year in job growth was still inferior to the job growth in 2021.

It’s simply a myth that regulations hinder job growth. BLS statistics show the number one reason why businesses fail is because of a lack of demand. Regulations is way down that list.

It’s simply a myth that regulations hinder job growth. BLS statistics show the number one reason why businesses fail is because of a lack of demand. Regulations is way down that list.
2021…when everybody went back to work after COVID.
You are either a liar or an idiot.

I'm not a registered reoublican , but my suggestion would be to improve on your fifth grade education. There are certainly some menial jobs for which you are well-suited, but these don't pay much.

You need to develop some marketable skills, first.

I hope that helps, and good luck in your search.
Lol it’s amazing how fucking dense you idiots are. I just explained why this solution is useless on a macro level. I personally am satisfied with my current middle class job.

2021…when everybody went back to work after COVID.
You are either a liar or an idiot.
That really doesn’t matter. Job growth is historically better under democrats than republicans. The facts don’t lie. Also someone should probably tell you that Covid was still happening in 2021 lol

That really doesn’t matter. Job growth is historically better under democrats than republicans. The facts don’t lie. Also someone should probably tell you that Covid was still happening in 2021 lol
Trump had a better economy than anyone since, and including Reagan, so you are a liar.
COVID was still here and people went back to work after figuring out it was a cold for people under 60 with no dangerous underlying health conditions.

Last edited:

Stop LYING. Countless business leaders, industry associations, both domestic and global business optimism measures covering decades show Trump's policies and reduced regulations, tax cuts etc. had a huge impact on business so enough with the Dems LYING BS. :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand:

Here's the Biden/Dem plan...tax the crap out of business and the wealthy while smothering growth with regulations and climate stupid shit and waging a war on one of our biggest advantages, energy resources. That plan is colossally STUPID!

Trump has a better economy than anyone since, and including Reagan, so you are a liar.
COVID was still here and people went back to work after figuring out it was a cold for people under 60 with no dangerous underlying health conditions.
Lol that is complete bullshit. No he didn’t. Job growth was pitiful under Trump regardless of the year.

Stop LYING. Countless business leaders, industry associations, both domestic and global business optimism measures covering decades show Trump's policies and reduced regulations, tax cuts etc. had a huge impact on business so enough with the Dems LYING BS. :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand:

Here's the Biden/Dem plan...tax the crap out of business and the wealthy while smothering growth with regulations and climate stupid shit and waging a war on one of our biggest advantages, energy resources. That plan is colossally STUPID!
Lol you couldn’t back this up with sources if your life depended on it.

Fuck your commie "solution" to poverty. Given that your solution is likely to kill MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, you are a direct threat to my personal safety. I would be justified.....never mind ....

Democrats want free stuff, not jobs

Is that why your unemployment rate is below 3% and there are 11 million vacant jobs and not enough workers to fill them?

American workers have been screwed over by their employers for generations. No mandated vacations, No universal health care. The lowest minimum wage in the first world.

American workers work longer hours, with fewer vacations, fewer protections, and fewer benefits, than any nation in the first world, and they are paid less than any other G20 nation. And every Republican President since Reagan (except Bush 41), has further impoverished them by crashing the economy.

The "free stuff" doesn't even begin to cover the economic harm Donald Trump and the Republican Party continues to inflict on the American working family.

Lol that is complete bullshit. No he didn’t. Job growth was pitiful under Trump regardless of the year.
That’s settled…You’re a liar.
I work in 3 Black towns and everybody was doing very well.

Forum List

Back