AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny

2015 Grammy winner Kendrick Lamar was born in 1987.

During a January 20, 2011 LAWeekly interview Kendrick told the interviewer:

*"Lamar's parents moved from Chicago to Compton in 1984 with all of $500 in their pockets. "My mom's one of 13 [THIRTEEN] siblings, and they all got SIX kids, and till I was 13 everybody was in Compton," he says."*

*"I'm 6 years old, seein' my uncles playing with shotguns, sellin' dope in front of the apartment."*

*"My moms and pops never said nothing, 'cause they were young and living wild, too. I got about 15 stories like 'Average Joe.'"*

Kendrick Lamar Talks About ‘u,’ His Depression & Suicidal Thoughts (Pt. 2) | MTV Video News - April 2015

American recording artist Tupac Shakur was born in 1971.

In 1991 Tupac rapped about his depression, suicidal thoughts and snatching his peaceful neighbor's purses for funds to feed his hungry belly.

Much like Kendrick, Tupac lamented the 'fact' his parental caregivers and nurturers ignored their parental obligation to their children and societal obligation/duty to their community to raise and nurture fairly happy kids experiencing and enjoying Safe Streets to travel and play on.

I'm not saying parental dysfunction is the only reason Tupac, Kendrick, Curtis Jackson and Dwayne Carter have shared with their fans and admirers the depressions and suicidal thoughts they've experience for most of their lives, though I have few doubts messed-up parenting is the PRIMARY reason these men speak, write or rap about depression and their suicidal thoughts.

*(NY Times May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers)*

Robert K. Ross, MD, President and CEO of The California Endowment, gives a compelling overview of the role that exposure to childhood trauma plays in the lives of troubled and chronically ill Americans.

Peace.

Forum List

Back