The Psychology of Qanon

Trying to find silver linings in the last four years, continued:

This period has certainly been a treasure trove of material for psychological analysis. In this instance, why has the Qanon conspiracy cult caught on with so many Americans? And how many of them will remain now that they were made fools of, on Inauguration Day?

In a recent study conducted by myself, Karen Douglas and Clara De Inocencio, we further investigated why this could be the case. Our conclusion? Conspiracy theories reinforce a belief that nothing in the world happens through coincidence. This refusal to recognize the role of chance leads people to develop a worldview in which hostile and secret conspiracies permeate all layers of society.

Feelings of anxiety and uncertainty also help fuel conspiracy theories. Such emotions function as a psychological warning signal, leading people to try and make sense of societal events that frighten them. This helps to explain the widespread (and ongoing) speculation that followed impactful events such as 9/11 or the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Together with Nils Jostmann and Michele Acker, we found that feelings of uncertainty, coupled with the feeling that your life is not fully in your control anymore, increases conspiracy thinking. Studies by others researchers confirm that emotions reflecting uncertainty — such as fear or worry — can increase conspiracy beliefs.

How many believers are among us here? We'll be able to guess by counting how many of them scoff at, mock, and dismiss this article.

Why is it that QAnon is only known to libtards? The vast majority of conservatives have no idea what it is.
QAnon is the source of most of the whacky conspiracy theories Trumpsters believe in. Do your own research.

This period has certainly been a treasure trove of material for psychological analysis. In this instance, why has the Qanon conspiracy cult caught on with so many Americans? And how many of them will remain now that they were made fools of, on Inauguration Day?

In a recent study conducted by myself, Karen Douglas and Clara De Inocencio, we further investigated why this could be the case. Our conclusion? Conspiracy theories reinforce a belief that nothing in the world happens through coincidence. This refusal to recognize the role of chance leads people to develop a worldview in which hostile and secret conspiracies permeate all layers of society.

Feelings of anxiety and uncertainty also help fuel conspiracy theories. Such emotions function as a psychological warning signal, leading people to try and make sense of societal events that frighten them. This helps to explain the widespread (and ongoing) speculation that followed impactful events such as 9/11 or the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Together with Nils Jostmann and Michele Acker, we found that feelings of uncertainty, coupled with the feeling that your life is not fully in your control anymore, increases conspiracy thinking. Studies by others researchers confirm that emotions reflecting uncertainty — such as fear or worry — can increase conspiracy beliefs.

How many believers are among us here? We'll be able to guess by counting how many of them scoff at, mock, and dismiss this article.

Why is it that QAnon is only known to libtards? The vast majority of conservatives have no idea what it is.
imo we can lump in Trump supporters, stop the steal, moms for America, anyone supporting maga … all in with qnon.

Is 56% percent the whole party?
Um, no. Who said that it was?

Perhaps you could provide a quote, a link or a post number of someone saying that.

Thanks in advance.

And they've all but taken over an entire major American political party.

Perhaps you could provide a quote, a link or a post number of someone saying that.

Thanks in advance.

Taking over a party and being the entire party are two different things.

I really had to say that? Really?

Thanks in advance.

They've removed all dissent within the party concerning their conspiracist beliefs and an attempted insurrection. But they have not yet won a national election

You are using hyperbole. Do I have to say that? Really?

Is the conversation in the Media thread just bullshit?

It's dailyKOS, no truth to it.

Question: Have you heard of Jeffery Epstein?

If yes, you are tagged as "believing" QAnon.

democrats are DESPERATE to discredit the Epstein issue.
So you've gone from dissembling about your support for Trump winning an election he didn't to …. Jeffrey Epstein. Stop the Steal. LOL

The question is whether they can win the House Senate and WH spouting qnon and stop the steal bullshit. If they can, they took over a party.

YOU brought up "the whole party", not me. And that conversation started with a Trumpster claiming that "a vast majority" of Republicans don't know who Q is. So take it up with that poster.

Thanks in advance.

They've removed all dissent within the party concerning their conspiracist beliefs and an attempted insurrection. But they have not yet won a national election
They seem to be convinced that ridding the party of RINOs and other heretics will work out great for them at the ballot box.

Trumpster math, I presume.

qanon lives rent free in the vacuous noggins of single digit IQ Dimwingers.

Thinking people done care about them at all.

Forum List

Back