The Profound Junk Science of Climate

Where is the oxygen going to go?

Not only that, but "plants" are actually only responsible for the production of between 20-50% of the oxygen we breathe.

Threads like this shows the extreme lack of science knowledge in a huge number of people. We could literally sterilize all plants from the surface, and we will still be gaining oxygen. Now where plants are important is that they sequester huge amounts of CO2, but that is something completely different.

Can you show me any proof that Venus ever had an oxygen atmosphere? Or any appreciable levels of oxygen? Ever?
No to the first, yes to the second, in strict terms.

So where is all the oxygen in Venus's atmosphere? It's a pretty easy question.

Oxygen? There is a ton of oxygen in Venus's atmosphere.

It wasn't supposed to be a trick question that I asked, but I guess it turned out that way.

It is a lie and misleading question.

When discussing gasses legitimately and scientifically, you are actually discussing the compounds and not the chemical elements that compose them.

Therefore, there is no "carbon" in the atmosphere, and there is no "oxygen". There is a compound composed of CO2, commonly called "Carbon Dioxide".

But CO2 is not "Oxygen and Carbon", there is no "Oxygen and carbon atmosphere" on Venus. It is CO2.

If you even try to say otherwise, that is either a huge failure in understanding of science, lying, or simply being an idiot. I will reserve which one I think it might be, but it is not a "trick question". It is wrong no matter how it is phrased.

Will that happen to Earth if all the plants die?

I have realized a debate with FFI is pointless. He actually thinks an atmosphere with around 87% CO2 has oxygen in it because that is one of the elements of Carbon Dioxide.

And I suppose from that level of science understanding that they also scream that "Vaccines contain mercury!" because it does indeed have the element as part of C9H9HgNaO2S, commonly known as "Thimerosal".

It is a lie and misleading question.
You mean, you read it wrong and made assumptions.

And the question was right on target, considering the subtopic. Gett rid of the plants, and , indeed, more atmospheric oxygen would become bound up in CO2 instead of being free, molecular oxygen.

So there is no debate between us, here. You can try to invent one out of thin air, I suppose. Have fun.

No, we have tree rings for records going back hundreds of years, but we also have ice cores to go back hundreds of thousands of years.
Forecasts have nothing to do with it.
That is an attempt to guess where air currents are going to move to and collide, which is very hard to do since the air masses are spinning.
Climate has nothing at all to do with weather.

Are these the same ice cores that show an 800 to 1,000 year lag between temperature and CO2?

You mean, you read it wrong and made assumptions.

And the question was right on target, considering the subtopic. Gett rid of the planet, and , indeed, more atmospheric oxygen would become bound up in CO2 instead of being free, molecular oxygen.

Wait, what? You are aware that makes absolutely no sense, right?

Get rid of the planet? Well, at that point then literally you have no atmosphere, just some random gas floating freely in space. There is nothing to bind with anything.

And are you even aware how rare "molecular oxygen" is in the known universe? It almost never exists on it's own, and took many millions of years to "evolve" on our own planet. There was absolutely no "free oxygen" on Earth originally, that is the result of millions of years of bacteria breaking down other compounds. ANd quite literally, oxygen was their waste gas. And it went on for long enough that we eventually had it build up. But still at levels not much more than a trace gas. Nitrogen is still the predominant gas in our atmosphere.

What, you actually believe that the oxygen in the atmosphere of Venus was actually "free oxygen" at one time, and became bound to CO2?

I am torn, maybe somebody can help me here. Which of these should be my reaction?

picard-face-palm.gif

or

MetallicUnhealthyEland-size_restricted.gif

Not only that, but "plants" are actually only responsible for the production of between 20-50% of the oxygen we breathe.

Threads like this shows the extreme lack of science knowledge in a huge number of people. We could literally sterilize all plants from the surface, and we will still be gaining oxygen. Now where plants are important is that they sequester huge amounts of CO2, but that is something completely different.

Totally untrue.
Phyto plankton are plants you know.
All the free oxygen comes from only plants.
Nothing else.

Are these the same ice cores that show an 800 to 1,000 year lag between temperature and CO2?

No, you have it wrong.
Global temp is dependent on space boundary CO2, and ice cores tend to confuse that with low level atmospheric CO2 increases from warming ocean water that holds less dissolved gases.

Forum List

Back