The problem with homosexuality and Christianity is you have to choose one or the other

The same bible also says
No reason to divert this thread to other issues. The topic is do we have to choose homosexuality over religious faith--particularly Christianity.

The last chapters of Genesis have a common theme, that being sexual immorality, and how sexual immorality was the sign of a weakening empire or nation. The theme between the lines is a lack of self-discipline is an indicator of a weakening realm. The lack of self-discipline is especially noticeable in a nation's sexual mores.

The lack of self-discipline cannot simply be dismissed as an inhibition of ancient man. Modern people have noticed it as well.

Two examples:

Liberty is the luxury of self-discipline, that those nations historically who have failed to discipline themselves have had discipline imposed by others. (Alistair Cooke, 1908-2004)

Freedom is born of self-discipline. No individual, no nation, can achieve or maintain liberty without self-control. The undisciplined man (or woman) is a slave to his own weaknesses. (Alan Valentine 1901-1980)

Our word 'disciple' as the same etymology as our word 'discipline'. People of faith--including Christians--are expected to live disciplined lives.

What should be remembered is that the lack of sexual discipline does not start, nor is it limited to, homosexuality. In Christianity, sex is to be between a man and a woman inside the bounds of marriage.

The first question to be asked before we even address homosexuality should be, can a person have sex outside of marriage or does one have to choose between sex only within marriage or Christianity?

Were they practicing homosexuals, or were they celibate as is the requirement of all Catholic seminarians?
They were gay before they went in. I do not know if they were practicing that when they were in the seminary.

The same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

Also you could make them slaves for life, which sounds pretty much the same as Black slavery.

Leviticus 25:46
You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life

Also the bible says that women aren't supposed to pray with their head uncovered.

1 Corinthians 11:1-34

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. ...

That blog you read to justify your beliefs to yourself must have really made an impression on you. This post is like you were going down a checklist of "All the myths you can attack Christians about without having to learn anything about them".

The problem with homosexuality and Christianity is you have to choose one or the other​

No one choses homosexuality. Homosexuality is a genetically (and/or in early childhood acquired) stable disposition of behavior which will be activated in adolescence. In case of male homosexuality exists not any known therapy which is able to change this disposition of behavior. In case of female homosexuality seems to exist additionally a variant which is able to change from homosexuality to heterosexuality. Nevertheless this is never anybodies free will - what also implies homosexuality per se never had been able to be a sin.

What is often called on wrong reason "homosexual behavior" in case of sins means practically always only anal sex. There are good reasons for why this is a sin (it is not even real sex at all!). But this has not really to to do with a hetero- or homosexual disposition of behavior. In case of homosexuality and anal-sex this means for example also that a man is using another man quasi "like a woman" - what also not makes a big sense in case of a pure male homosexuality. And a man who is doing anal sex with a woman is a sinner too. Asides of spiritual sin this behavior is also dangerous - for example by causing infections.

So: In case of homosexuality nearly no one has any choice. In case of the own sexual behavior - independent from homo-. and/or heterosexuality - is able to exist a sinny behavior - but this has often nearly nothing to do with this what the most people think about sexuality. And specially the opinions about sexuality in the English speaking world show often an astonishing intolerance in the eyes of the members of other cultures. Tenderness for example is never a real problem.

So whatever your form of inborn sexuality might be: This is absolutelly not any problem, because this came from god or from the world before of your existence. Whether you love your form of sexuality or whether you hate what you do is also unimportant. Everyone is welcome! Ask other homosexuals what kind of experience they made with Christians and I'm very sure most homosexuals found nice Christians. Blackrook is more an exception under Christians - if he is a Christian at all, what I personally doubt sometimes or better to say: I doubt this nearly always when I read what he writes. Sure Christians are also able to be angry and/or to be harsh - but only on reason of love. To try to exclude someone from the Christian church or to try to hold closed the doors of our church is not love. You are welcome! However god and the world made you! We will help you - as good as we can - to become how god thought you to be when he made you: a wonderful happy child of god.

Last edited:
Is it really true that Charlemagne put pagans to the sword if they didn't convert to Christianity?

No one choses homosexuality. Homosexuality is a genetically (and/or in early childhood acquired) stable disposition of behavior which will be activated in adolescence. In case of male homosexuality exists not any known therapy which is able to change this disposition of behavior. In case of female homosexuality seems to exist additionally a variant which is able to change from homosexuality to heterosexuality. Nevertheless this is never anybodies free will - what also implies homosexuality per se never had been able to be a sin.

What is often called on wrong reason "homosexual behavior" in case of sins means practically always only anal sex. There are good reasons for why this is a sin (it is not even real sex at all!). But this has not really to to do with a hetero- or homosexual disposition of behavior. In case of homosexuality and anal-sex this means for example also that a man is using another man quasi "like a woman" - what also not makes a big sense in case of a pure male homosexuality. And a man who is doing anal sex with a woman is a sinner too. Asides of spiritual sin this behavior is also dangerous - for example by causing infections.

So: In case of homosexuality nearly no one has any choice. In case of the own sexual behavior - independent from homo-. and/or heterosexuality - is able to exist a sinny behavior - but this has often nearly nothing to do with this what the most people think about sexuality. And specially the opinions about sexuality in the English speaking world show often an astonishing intolerance in the eyes of the members of other cultures. Tenderness for example is never a real problem.

So whatever your form of inborn sexuality might be: This is absolutelly not any problem, because this came from god or from the world before of your existence. Whether you love your form of sexuality or whether you hate what you do is also unimportant. Everyone is welcome! Ask other homosexuals what kind of experience they made with Christians and I'm very sure most homosexuals found nice Christians. Blackrook is more an exception under Christians - if he is a Christian at all, what I personally doubt sometimes or better to say: I doubt this nearly always when I read what he writes. Sure Christians are also able to be angry and/or to be harsh - but only on reason of love. To try to exclude someone from the Christian church or to try to hold closed the doors of our church is not love. You are welcome! However god and the world made you! We will help you - as good as we can - to become how god thought you to be when he made you: a wonderful happy child of god.

Baloney. Born a male or a female, you choose to bump uglies with your own sex its not predetermined.

I was at an author event and a lesbian read to us all the passages of the Bible that explicitly condemn homosexuality.

It made me realize that one who lives the homosexual lifestyle must reject Christianity or must, at the very least, admit he is a sinner in need of forgiveness.

But it seems that many homosexuals are unwilling to do either. They demand Christian churches go against explicit Biblical teachings and accept homosexuality. This is creating a crisis that is affecting all the Christian churches.

My prediction is this: Soon, every Christian church except the Catholic Church will cave to the homosexuals.

In some respects I kind of understand this point. The Bible is quite clear where God stands in relationship to gay people. He seems to hate them as much as regular people do. And HE MADE THEM!

I understand how people like to cling to their faith and it brings them comfort. We always re-craft God into the image of a being most amenable to our lives. That's why Conservative American Christians can also love "the sword" (guns).

The Bible provides good pious people with lots of reason to give into the hate that burns in their souls. Should the gay people who want to believe in God simply re-craft God the way the pious conservative Christians have? The pious conservative Christians often deny MOST of the rules in the Old Testament except those that allow them to hate people. Those are sacred and eternal.

The biggest tell is when they claim they "love the sinner but hate the sin". That's a loophole they think God will "buy". Hopefully God is pretty gullible.

Is it really true that Charlemagne put pagans to the sword if they didn't convert to Christianity?

It was not at all uncommon for newly converted rulers to convert at the point of a sword.

But at least they give them a chance. God in the OT didn't bother with the "conversion" step and just had the Israelites slaughter entire peoples.

I was at an author event and a lesbian read to us all the passages of the Bible that explicitly condemn homosexuality.

It made me realize that one who lives the homosexual lifestyle must reject Christianity or must, at the very least, admit he is a sinner in need of forgiveness.

But it seems that many homosexuals are unwilling to do either. They demand Christian churches go against explicit Biblical teachings and accept homosexuality. This is creating a crisis that is affecting all the Christian churches.

My prediction is this: Soon, every Christian church except the Catholic Church will cave to the homosexuals.
Bible teaches also directs us to gouge out our own eyes if we lust over a woman. Have you ever lusted? How many eyes do you have?

Baloney. Born a male or a female, you choose to bump uglies with your own sex its not predetermined.

Then you can tell us when you chose your sexual orientation! This should be interesting. I've asked a large number of people who claim homosexuality is a "choice". So that means YOUR sexuality was also a choice.

When did you choose to be straight? Was it a tough decision? How did you come to decide it? Is it normal for you now? How long did it take to get "into it"?

Then you can tell us when you chose your sexual orientation! This should be interesting. I've asked a large number of people who claim homosexuality is a "choice". So that means YOUR sexuality was also a choice.

When did you choose to be straight? Was it a tough decision? How did you come to decide it? Is it normal for you now? How long did it take to get "into it"?
Is it a Choice for Bisexuals ?

No one choses homosexuality. Homosexuality is a genetically (and/or in early childhood acquired) stable disposition of behavior which will be activated in adolescence.

lol rubbish. There is zero proof people are born homosexual; that is one of the Big Lies invented to appeal to morons for political acceptance of sexual fetishes that develop in mentally ill people.

It was not at all uncommon for newly converted rulers to convert at the point of a sword.

But at least they give them a chance. God in the OT didn't bother with the "conversion" step and just had the Israelites slaughter entire peoples.

They never slaughtered entire peoples, for one, not even in the OT; that came later, after the Babblin' Babylonians came along and invented themselves as a 'Master Race' and eventually fabricated rabbinical Judaism as a cult when it turned out it was the Romans who were the real 'Master Race' in Palestine, not them.

Forum List

Back