The Potato Chip Thread

I LOVE chips!

I don't eat them much any more after I became the carb nazi.

But my favourites are

Old Dutch Ketchup
Any salt n vinegar
Golden Flake Dill Pickle
Hostess Sour Cream and Onion. They don't make those any more.
Deep River Maui Onion
O'Ryan's Sour Cream and Onion. The company went bankrupt. The chips were the thickest I've ever seen, almost a centimeter thick.
Those are all fucking gross IMO.

Potato chips but I'm a purist, potato chips should not be defiled with artificial flavorings.

blueberry-potato-chips.jpg

Potato chips are just okay, they make my mouth hurt and give me canker sores.

Corn chips -- flavored, plain, any way at all - yum!

LOVE wal-mart's storebrand bbq potato chips. But like donuts, double stuff oreos, there's a lot of things I LOVE but nonetheless don't eat any more. :)

Devoured the 'Mature Cheddar & Chives' crisps yesterday.

Working my way through 'Worchestershire Sauce & Sundried Tomato' and 'Sweet Chili & Red Pepper.'

Kettle-Cooked Greektown Gyro gets my vote.

The Amazin' Theater

Pringles and Lays --- Sour Cream and Onion --- Basic and Best

I'm glad someone started a thread about good ole' potato chips. How many Irish came to the USA during the Potato Famine? Why did Van Gogh paint about those potato farmers?

The nifty restaurant S'MAC (Sarita's Macaroni and Cheese) in NYC has people talking about stuff like 'mac-n-cheese with onion potato chips.'

If you had lunch with Houdini or Mussolini, how much more memorable would your lunchtime be if you brought with you (in your time machine) your nice can of Pringles Original potato chips?

I could write a Dartmouth or Seton Hall dissertation on potato chips.

:afro:

S'MAC

chef.jpg

Two for $2.50 at Walgreen's.

Tikka Masala (Indian) and some kind of Chinese food shit.

The Indian flavor grew on me and I finished the bag. I would buy it again.

The Chinese shit was... shit. I threw it out.

I'm still waiting on anything Chipotle. They won't go there because Lay's is staffed with marketing pussies.

Two for $2.50 at Walgreen's.

Tikka Masala (Indian) and some kind of Chinese food shit.

The Indian flavor grew on me and I finished the bag. I would buy it again.

The Chinese shit was... shit. I threw it out.

I'm still waiting on anything Chipotle. They won't go there because Lay's is staffed with marketing pussies.
The Chipotle flavor for Lays has come and gone, now the popular brand is Takis..
1_1.png

Lays does some interesting ones. They had a cappuccino flavored one a while back. Bought a bag for shits and giggles and loved them. Bought a few more over the weeks but now they are gone.

Cape Cod Salt and Vinegar are my go to.

I like the hot chips too. Sriracha, etc

I refuse to eat anything "gluten free."

fucking liberals.

There's a great bagel place in NYC called Esa Bagel. The flour they use is "extra-gluten." It says so on the bags. I'm not kidding. So I eat there.

Lays does some interesting ones. They had a cappuccino flavored one a while back. Bought a bag for shits and giggles and loved them. Bought a few more over the weeks but now they are gone.

Lays is losing share, so they are adding some really cool flavors. They have some Indian chicken flavor right now, and a Brazilian Picanha flavor too.

Forum List

Back