How to keep potato chips fresh and other useful food tricks.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
If you like potato chips, but you're tired of them going stale 2 days after you open the bag no matter what you do, your problem is now solved. Store them in the freezer ! I roll the bag up , wrap a rubber band around, into a large zip-lock bag and into the freezer. I'm not sure how long they will keep, but for at least a couple weeks, your chips will taste just as crunchy as when you first opened the bag.

As for other kinds of chips, cereal, crackers, etc, I'm still learning.
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks ?

Last edited:
These work too.
1598844419729.png

If you like potato chips, but you're tired of them going stale 2 days after you open the bag no matter what you do, your problem is now solved. Store them in the freezer ! I roll the bag up , wrap a rubber band around, into a large zip-lock bag and into the freezer. I'm not sure how long they will keep, but for at least a couple weeks, your chips will taste just as crunchy as when you first opened the bag.

You can also spread em out on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven on 200 until they're crisp again. Works with cereal, crackers, all of it

..I never had stale chips....even after a week ...

Forum List

Back