The Pope Has A Message For Christian Fundamentalists: You’re No Better Than ISIS

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
"The Pope gave liberals an early Christmas Present this week, on a flight back from Turkey…by drawing a parallel between Christian Fundamentalists and Islamic terror groups such as ISIS.

When a journalist attempted to draw the Pope into yet another condemnation of the world’s 2 billion Muslims on the basis of the actions of a few thousand – the pontiff dropped a logic bomb.

“You just can’t say that, just as you can’t say that all Christians are fundamentalists. We have our share of them (fundamentalists). All religions have these little groups,” Pope Francis said.

With this succinct, unapologetic statement – Pope Francis has said what many of us, religious and not, have been quietly thinking for some time: Christian and Muslim fundamentalists have far more in common with each other than the rest of us.'

Addicting Info 8211 The Pope Has A Message For Christian Fundamentalists You 8217 re No Better Than ISIS

Your thread title is a bald-faced lie. The Pope did NOT say Christian fundamentalists are as bad as ISIS. You have deliberately misquoted the Pope.

I don't understand why we don't call terrorists what they are: The Islamic Right

There is a rumor that this pope will be the last pope. He's going against all Catholic DOCTRINE. So I guess there might be some truth to it.

Well except that Christians are not killing non-believers, are strapping explosives to themselves, are not kidnapping girls and forcing them into slavery, are not beheading innocent victims, are not trying to set up Christian governments and forcing Christian theology etc etc.

Except for these minor details they're exactly the same.

Well except that Christians are not killing non-believers, are strapping explosives to themselves, are not kidnapping girls and forcing them into slavery, are not beheading innocent victims, are not trying to set up Christian governments and forcing Christian theology etc etc.

Except for these minor details they're exactly the same.

You're kidding, right?
Brian David Mitchell?
Timothy McVeigh?

More

Page: 1

Political Violence and Privilege

Political Violence and Privilege

When Religion Becomes Lethal: Lessons From Norway

The Ideological Roots Of Christian Terrorism

Reject Terrorists, Not Scripture

Uganda

Has the radical left been reduced to faking quotes to make a political statement? I see it time and time again. Does the low information radical left think all Americans are as dumb as they are? Didn't the last mid term election teach radicals a lesson about facts vs. fiction?

"The Pope gave liberals an early Christmas Present this week, on a flight back from Turkey…by drawing a parallel between Christian Fundamentalists and Islamic terror groups such as ISIS.

When a journalist attempted to draw the Pope into yet another condemnation of the world’s 2 billion Muslims on the basis of the actions of a few thousand – the pontiff dropped a logic bomb.

“You just can’t say that, just as you can’t say that all Christians are fundamentalists. We have our share of them (fundamentalists). All religions have these little groups,” Pope Francis said.

With this succinct, unapologetic statement – Pope Francis has said what many of us, religious and not, have been quietly thinking for some time: Christian and Muslim fundamentalists have far more in common with each other than the rest of us.'

Addicting Info 8211 The Pope Has A Message For Christian Fundamentalists You 8217 re No Better Than ISIS
Some of us have made the same comparison for some time now.

And you've been as wrong as you are trying to claim the Pope said something he didn't. As much as I abhor the extreme Christian Fundamentalists almost as much as they abhor me (I'm Catholic so they don't even consider me Christian), the Fundamentalists in Christianity do not preach terrorism. They have social views I disagree with, their preferred role of government is much more left-wing than right-wing (they want more government intrusion, just in different areas). They don't command followers to blow up abortion clinics. Those of that ilk that have acted on their own.

And you've been as wrong as you are trying to claim the Pope said something he didn't. As much as I abhor the extreme Christian Fundamentalists almost as much as they abhor me (I'm Catholic so they don't even consider me Christian), the Fundamentalists in Christianity do not preach terrorism. They have social views I disagree with, their preferred role of government is much more left-wing than right-wing (they want more government intrusion, just in different areas). They don't command followers to blow up abortion clinics. Those of that ilk that have acted on their own.
The Pope was quite clear.

Forum List

Back