The point of no return

We have passed the point of no return and can expect a future in which lethal heatwaves and temperatures in excess of 50C (120F) are common in the tropics; where summers at temperate latitudes will invariably be baking hot, and where our oceans are destined to become warm and acidic, according to Bill McGuire, emeritus professor of geophysical and climate hazards at University College London.

He said, “I know a lot of people working in climate science who say one thing in public but a very different thing in private. In confidence, they are all much more scared about the future we face, but they won’t admit that in public. I call this climate appeasement and I believe it only makes things worse. The world needs to know how bad things are going to get before we can hope to start to tackle the crisis.”

‘Soon it will be unrecognisable’: total climate meltdown cannot be stopped, says expert
Within 30 years everything they believe will be proven wrong by cooler temperatures. And they will all be saying they knew all along.

3 don't eat food that was cultivated by tractors and brought to market by trucks
1661636912952.png

Within 30 years everything they believe will be proven wrong by cooler temperatures. And they will all be saying they knew all along.
By then?

It probably won't matter. They goals of the unelected global kakistocracy will have been achieved.

They will be suffering along with every one else, if any of us survive.

If a person believes in man-made climate change, they should personally do everything possible help stop it.
1 don't use cars, buses, trains or planes
2 don't use electricity
3 don't eat food that was cultivated by tractors and brought to market by trucks
4 ration your water usage
5 live in communal living quarters like a barracks
6 limit your personal space to less than 100 sq ft

When I see the Climate Change Cultists doing these things, I might take them seriously.
But notice that the Climate Change Cultists are very enthusiastic for other people to make sacrifices for Climate Change, but they will not make those sacrifices themselves.
All of the Democrat Cult leaders like Obama, Pelosi, Hillary, Kerry, Gore, Schumer........live like kings, but they everyone else to make sacrifices.

Climate Change is a bullshit issue that is used to frighten simpleton crackpot fanatics.
The ultimate way to make a real difference is to go out into a wilderness area that is home to predators and scavengers, such as mountain lions and coyotes, and commit suicide in an environmental friendly way, and be eaten.

The world is ending!!! Ice Age is coming!! We will all freeze to death!!!
The world is ending!! Acid rain!! Vegetation will all die... we will starve to death!!!
The world is ending!! Global warming!! Everything will be under water from the oceans!!.. we will all drown to death!!
The world is ending!! Global war... wait... Climate change!! Giant Hurricanes!!... unpredictable weather!!... we are all going to DIIIEEE!!!!

Are you doing it?

What have you given up?

AC, heat, refrigeration, washer/dryer, transportation, hot water? Food grown and transported?

What big hitters have you personally sacrificed?
I am doing less of things that pollute. I have not flown on an airplane since 1997. I have a 15-year-old vehicle with less than 65,000 miles on it. I can get by in summers with my thermostat set at 79 or 80 degrees. My utility, PG&E, says my energy use for June 7 through July 6 of this year was 31 percent lower than efficient homes and less than half that of similar homes in my area.

In America, the problem is that some people, out of greed or spite, are actually doing more to contribute to greenhouse gases.

Virtue signaling? Perhaps. But signaling virtue is better than signaling greed and stupidity.

I am doing less of things that pollute. I have not flown on an airplane since 1997. I have a 15-year-old vehicle with less than 65,000 miles on it. I can get by in summers with my thermostat set at 79 or 80 degrees. My utility, PG&E, says my energy use for June 7 through July 6 of this year was 31 percent lower than efficient homes and less than half that of similar homes in my area.

In America, the problem is that some people, out of greed or spite, are actually doing more to contribute to greenhouse gases.

Virtue signaling? Perhaps. But signaling virtue is better than signaling greed and stupidity.

Virtue signal all you want with your own money, not with mine.

So you still drive an ICE and you still have all the big energy guzzlers in your home. Even with what you think you are doing you still consume more energy than 90% of the people on earth.

You are a hypocrite.

It is weather. It is caused by the Sun's effect on the earth. No matter how much money they take out of our pockets and throw at the U.N. the sun will continue to minimize and maximize...
The Sun can influence Earth’s climate, but it isn’t responsible for the warming trend we’ve seen over recent decades. The Sun is a giver of life; it helps keep the planet warm enough for us to survive. We know subtle changes in Earth’s orbit around the Sun are responsible for the comings and goings of the ice ages. But the warming we’ve seen in recent decades is too rapid to be linked to changes in Earth’s orbit and too large to be caused by solar activity.

One of the “smoking guns” that tells us the Sun is not causing global warming comes from looking at the amount of solar energy that hits the top of the atmosphere. Since 1978, scientists have been tracking this using sensors on satellites, which tell us that there has been no upward trend in the amount of solar energy reaching our planet.

A second smoking gun is that if the Sun were responsible for global warming, we would expect to see warming throughout all layers of the atmosphere, from the surface to the upper atmosphere (stratosphere). But what we actually see is warming at the surface and cooling in the stratosphere. This is consistent with the warming being caused by a buildup of heat-trapping gases near Earth's surface, and not by the Sun getting “hotter.”

Is the Sun causing global warming?

I know a lot of people working in climate science who say one thing in public but a very different thing in private. In confidence, they are all much less scared about the future we face, but they won’t admit that in public. I call this climate intimidation, cuz they know they'll be out of a job if they don't spout the woke line that we're all gonna die if we don't spend trillions of dollars on programs and policies that don't move the environment needle.

You say it's a crisis, I say it's not. Or at least I say that for more than 30 years people like you have been spending GW and CC hysteria that turned out to be bullshit. Why should I believe you now? You know what I really think? I think people like you are being led around by the nose by liars and thieves who want billions and trillions of dollars for their own wealth, purposes, or political power. You believe every word they say is true even after everything they've told you for 30 years HAS BEEN WRONG.
al gore s big super mansions and he has several...use fifty times the power of the average american...looks like that and his jet prove he has this climate change thing figured out...rich people are immune

It is weather.

It is clear you don't know the difference between weather and climate.

It is caused by the Sun's effect on the earth.

You really have a limited understanding of the system. You should take a science class.

No matter how much money they take out of our pockets and throw at the U.N. the sun will continue to minimize and maximize...

Wouldn't it be a cool world if you had even a tiny bit of knowledge in this area? That's the problem. Even folks like you who knows next to nothing of the science (and couldn't understand it if it were explained with cartoons) get a "vote" as well. Your uninformed opinion is good to see so we know how many ignorant folks are out there, but it's your outsized impact on the conversation.

It would really help if you took even just ONE TINY science class!

Are you doing it?

I am. Some of us actually LIVE OUR VALUES. I know it's hard for some folks who just like to talk big.

Some of us took the money we had and installed solar on our house. I haven't paid an electricity bill in years. And I drive a full EV car which I charge on my solar so I don't even pay for gasoline!

It's a pretty sweet deal.

I don't know about the other poster but some of us actually have made some sacrifices to live greener. We do our best. It's not always perfect, I know I've got a long way to go.

But in the end it won't matter how much discipline any of us have. The decisions the denialists have forced us into (rather than starting to deal with this topic 40 years ago) will come home to roost and we'll have to deal with the more painful fixes.

Thanks! Denialist and non-scientists have made the future just a bit darker because they kept us from doing something earlier.

Forum List

Back