The Patriarchy

The key argument for the identification of prehistoric cannibalism is provided by analysis of close similarities in the treatment of human and animal remains. Such analysis requires precise data on depositional context, meticulous excavation records, detailed bone modification studies, a relatively large sample of human and animal postcranial bones, and data on local mortuary practices. With the exception of Fontbrégoua Cave, these necessary conditions are lacking at all Stone Age European sites where it has been hypothesized that cannibalism occurred. The alternative hypothesis of secondary burial practices has been proposed informally for some sites and, in a more formal and detailed way, for Krapina and Fontbrégoua. However, this hypothesis does not have a higher probability, is not justified by current data, and uses ethnographic analogies to prop up interpretations of materials for which contextual data are missing or have been neglected. At Fontbrégoua, cannibalism remains the simplest and most plausible explanation of the evidence; at Krapina and other sites the available evidence is insufficient to prove either secondary burial or cannibalism.

"Such data are available from the Neolithic levels of the Fontbrégoua Cave (southeastern France) where several clusters of human and animal bones have been excavated. The analysis of these bones strongly suggests that humans were butchered, processed, and probably eaten in a manner that closely parallels the treatment of wild and domestic animals at Fontbrbégoua."

Extent-of-the-Linear-Pottery-culture-LBK-c-5600-4250-BCE-http-wwweuropediaorg.png

Archaeological materials unequivocally testify that in this culture there was matriarchy and the cult of the Mother.

Slavic mythology to this day has preserved stories about the cannibalism of forest women. This is a very common story in the epic when she lures a young man and tries to eat him.
In addition, the Celtic old woman Kailech is also a reflection of the evil image of the matron.

My definition of Patriarchy is the system which provides benefit for men at the expense of women. From my historical research I would conclude that:

1) Patriarchal system was common but not universal for 40 centuries.

2) Patriarchal system was much less severe then claimed. Women had less rights then men, but they did have rights. Women could and did own property. Wife beating was illegal in England and American Colonies.
I imagine there is room to fine tune that definition. Nonetheless, it’s a starting point as it stands. Based on that definition, I would have to conclude that the progressive (largely female) contention that America presently needs to end “the Patriarchy” starts with a fundamentally erroneous premise.

Whatever it is they imagine they seek appears to be predicated on something other than “patriarchy.”

I imagine there is room to fine tune that definition. Nonetheless, it’s a starting point as it stands. Based on that definition, I would have to conclude that the progressive (largely female) contention that America presently needs to end “the Patriarchy” starts with a fundamentally erroneous premise.

Whatever it is they imagine they seek appears to be predicated on something other than “patriarchy.”
Definitely Modern Western Society is not a Patriarchy.

The Patriarchy did exist for a long time, but it was not nearly as harsh as it is claimed.

Definitely Modern Western Society is not a Patriarchy
Not "west", but Europe, mostly northern. There, the remnants of matriarchy never disappeared at all.

The United States began to turn into a matriarchy a couple of years ago. Yesterday in the USA there was a cult of superman, a cowboy, rodeo and American football, a highly professional army without faggots and a tough male policy of the Republicans. And to this day it is not accepted by most Americans. America is still a patriarchal country in spirit.

Do not confuse time and space, power and people.

original.jpg

Now in the world there is no more patriarchal culture than in the United States. Marginal groups like the Taliban only pretend to be men, in fact they are henpecked and faggots.

Only in Central Asia these concepts remained, but there is no republic and no right

BTW Speaking of Islamic Arab culture. It has only become "patriarchal" in the last few centuries, and this is mostly a sham. In Arab culture, there are absolutely obvious traces of matriarchy, such as matrilineality and tolerance. The attitude towards homosexuality in Islam by Western standards is still super-liberal.

portada-1024x534.jpg

Islamist Mohammed Ali openly preached the feminine style of British game boxing. Before him, boxing in America was tough and brutal, especially during the Dempsey era. It was just a kill in the ring. Teeth flew out onto the floor.

There are no women in Rodeo to this day, and I doubt there will be any until leftist technologists start using tranquilizer-injected bulls.

BTW Speaking of Islamic Arab culture. It has only become "patriarchal" in the last few centuries, and this is mostly a sham. In Arab culture, there are absolutely obvious traces of matriarchy, such as matrilineality and tolerance. The attitude towards homosexuality in Islam by Western standards is still super-liberal.

portada-1024x534.jpg
Which Arab countries are matrilineal?

Which Arab countries are matrilineal?
I did not study each country separately, especially since all these countries are quite young.
According to Wilken, Robertson Smith, all ancient Arab clans were matrilineal.

I think that all the ancient Semites once had it.

I did not study each country separately, especially since all these countries are quite young.
According to Wilken, Robertson Smith, all ancient Arab clans were matrilineal.

I think that all the ancient Semites once had it.
Who are those guys? It's news to me me. I'm not claiming I know everything, but that's a real shocker to me.

Who are those guys? It's news to me me. I'm not claiming I know everything, but that's a real shocker to me.

Scientists. Smith is an orientalist and philologist.

There is nothing surprising here. The whole world to the West from Media was then like that. Everywhere there was matriarchy and chthonism. This is an ancient agricultural culture.

surada As far as I remember, the patrilineality of the Bedouin clans can be traced reliably only from the time of Islam.

surada And for me it is not surprising at all. The very fact that there is so much poetry devoted to love for young men in Isam literature suggests that before Islam their culture was close to the old european matriarchy. Macedonian would not have got into list of the authorities of Islam if they hated homosexuality.

Forum List

Back