The painful truth about Ahmaud Arberry

Ever since OJ Simpson I have lost any faith in the legitimacy of our justice system so your bat is definitely not on my table

So, you're a cowardly little bitch.

Got it...

if you consider the people who verbally instructed a man who was fleeing from a crime scene...

What crime scene? There was no crime committed, or reported, that day.

Well, other than Travis McMichael murdering Arbury...

If you drive up to your home and see a grown man jumping out of your daughter's bedroom window locking eyes with you and then fleeing in panic would you hide under your car and call the police or would you pursue him?

Well, of course I would pursue him.

Someone I don't know is jumping out of my house, and I see it? Fuck, yeah, I'll chase him. Because I will have first hand knowledge of a crime (trespassing) being committed.

The McMichaels had no such first hand knowledge, though. They saw a black kid running down the street past their house. Because they're southern Georgia rednecks, they decided to arm themselves, chase him down and, ultimately, decided to kill him...

Arbery never stole anything, and there is no video of him stealing anything or doing anything suspicious.
So it was illegal to stop or intimidate him in any way.

By Georgia law they had what's called immediate knowledge that he had committed a crime

Actually, this is untrue.

On May 1, Gregory McMichael told The Daily Beast that he had no direct evidence Arbery had stolen anything in the neighborhood...

did you know that construction sites are hotbeds of theft and therefore liable to a lower criteria for a burglary charge?

You'll need to cite the specifics of the differences in criteria if you expect to come across as anything but ignorant...
Whether or not he stole anything is completely irrelevant

The fact that he fled from a home that was a target of burglary gave the entire neighborhood Reasonable Suspicion to believe he had committed a crime

The McMichaels had no idea where Arbury was running from. None.

That's what's going to put their asses in prison and, in the case of Travis, may get him a spike in the arm...

By Georgia law they had what's called immediate knowledge that he had committed a crime

On May 1, Gregory McMichael told The Daily Beast that he had no direct evidence Arbery had stolen anything in the neighborhood...

did you know that construction sites are hotbeds of theft and therefore liable to a lower criteria for a burglary charge?

You'll need to cite the specifics of the differences in criteria if you expect to come across as anything but ignorant...

The fact that he fled from a home that was a target of burglary gave the entire neighborhood Reasonable Suspicion to believe he had committed a crime

Wrong.
The burglary was 3 weeks before, and Abrey had nothing and was not a legitimate suspect in anything.
Not wanting to stop his jog for an illegal interrogation is not reasonable suspicion of a crime.

care to actually specifically quote a detail of my information that is false?

search NotfooledbyW posts type in Arberry

I’ve written plenty about the many falsehoods you repeated.

when I have time I’ll post a few of the specifics if you are serious about engaging in a discussion based on facts.
LOL, thats what i thought.

I'll just be waiting for you to conjure up a couple "falsehoods" then

LOL

The problem with debating with idiots like you is that, when presented a factual point, you just deny or dismiss it and act like it doesn't matter.

Take my bet, coward. But I'll even sweeten to pot: aside from the winner getting $100, the loser leaves USMB for good.

C'mon, coward, take the bet...
I'll bet they go to jail despite the fact that they are 100% innocent of committing a crime
Ever since OJ Simpson I have lost any faith in the legitimacy of our justice system so your bat is definitely not on my table

So, you're a cowardly little bitch.

Got it...

if you consider the people who verbally instructed a man who was fleeing from a crime scene...

What crime scene? There was no crime committed, or reported, that day.

Well, other than Travis McMichael murdering Arbury...

If you drive up to your home and see a grown man jumping out of your daughter's bedroom window locking eyes with you and then fleeing in panic would you hide under your car and call the police or would you pursue him?

Well, of course I would pursue him.

Someone I don't know is jumping out of my house, and I see it? Fuck, yeah, I'll chase him. Because I will have first hand knowledge of a crime (trespassing) being committed.

The McMichaels had no such first hand knowledge, though. They saw a black kid running down the street past their house. Because they're southern Georgia rednecks, they decided to arm themselves, chase him down and, ultimately, decided to kill him...
So you would chase a man who you didn't see commit a crime?

you didn't see him steal anything so you're not allowed to pursue him correct?

How about if he slammed you on the ground and then picked up a 3-pound rock and was about to smash you in the head with it, would you fight back or submit to the Smashing?

That's what's going to put their asses in prison and, in the case of Travis, may get him a spike in the arm...
All the neighbors were pointing at your criminal hero as he fled from the crime scene that's called reasonable suspicion

your lawyer is a PC hack dirty digging for views by coddling the popular fake news narrative

nobody "waved a gun around"
if they had POINTED guns he wouldent have charged them at all

What they were doing is the literal definition of Aggravated Assault under Georgia law. And lawyer after lawyer say the same thing. Either they are all far more familiar with the law than you are, or they are all PC hacks. However. I think we are getting to your real objection. White guys were charged for killing a black guy. How outrageous.
they were never able to commission a citizen's arrest they were simply pursuing the individual when he decided to attack you don't have to have anything but reasonable suspicion to pursue someone while you're holding a gun in the state of Georgia

Oh. So when they dismounted the car armed and called on Arbury to stop they were not attempting a citizens arrest? Ok. What were they doing? Attempted Kidnapping? Their own words to the cops are sinking them here. That is part of your problem. They told the cops what they were trying to do, and on camera. Now you want to either go back and change history or pretend they didn’t say it

if you walk around the corner and a woman is screaming in a foreign language while pointing at a man running away from her it's perfectly legal for you to detain him for law enforcement because you had reasonable suspicion that he had committed a crime even though you had not witnessed any crime committed

Not really. But in either case it doesn’t matter. Nobody but the McMichaels were shouting and pointing. But I am confused. Were they after Arbury to detain him as you seem to indicate here or were they just standing armed in the middle of the street blocking the mans path after several attempts to cut him off according to their own statement to the police with no threat indicated?

One of America's most horrible serial killers was taken into custody by a group of citizens in California who did not witness him commit a crime of any kind!

they ran him down and beat him mercilessly until the police arrived simply because they believed he was Richard Ramirez The Night Stalker from recognizing his photograph

under your cowardly interpretation of the law This Woman's rapist and the most horrible serial killer in American history would have been allowed to escape since the citizenry would now not be allowed to act unless they actually physically witnessed a crime

Several things. First. The Cops put the sketch, and it was a sketch not a photograph, on the TV and news. Second. The POLICE identified the man as a suspect for the crimes.

THIRD. California and Georgia have different laws and the two cases are very different. In California in the 1980’s the Citizens arrest laws were first hand knowledge of a Misdemeanor and reasonable suspicion of a Felony. And I fail to see what the case of Richard Ramirez has to do with at most a suspected petty theft guy in Georgia.

the vast majority of thefts in stores are not actually witnessed but the individual is detained and then determined to have been shoplifting once a search has been conducted

I have over 20 years of personal first-hand professional experience in public safety that's why I know so much more about the law than you do

And again I ask what the hell Public Safety is? Look Scooter. I keep pointing out lawyers and you deride them. Here is another.

Citizen’s arrest
A private person can only make a citizen’s arrest if they see another person committing a crime. A citizen's arrest occurs when a citizen prevents a suspect from leaving a scene. Citizen's arrest most often happens in cases like shoplifting, when the store's manager detains the suspected offender.

So help me out here. You could be richer than Warren Buffet by being a lawyer in Georgia and explaining the laws of Georgia to the courts. Because all of them apparently have it wrong. Every single cop, every lawyer, and every Judge has it completely wrong. I mean every single one. Hell you could buy a private jet and own an island in a few months.

I don’t know what mall you are a rent a cop at. I don’t know what state you are in. I don’t know and I really don’t care. Because I live in Georgia. I live in Rural Georgia outside of Savannah. I have lived in Georgia for nearly thirty years. I have been fortunate enough to meet and know two Judges. One was a neighbor of my Wife’s family and the other shared an interest in Civil War rifles. He had a lovely collection of them.

Now Security Officer. Let’s be honest for a moment. What kind of blistering fool would listen to a Rent a Cop instead of a Lawyer where the law is concerned?
this may come as a shock to you but lawyers lie quite frequently

all the McMichaels needed to detain was reasonable suspicion that he had committed a crime and when you have a home under construction that has been burglarized numerous times by a person you personally recognize and then you see that person that you personally recognize fleeing up the street while neighbors are identifying him you then have Reasonable Suspicion to detain him

The only reason the McMichaels are in jail now is because the view and USA Today are more important to America's deeply perverted Society then the law of the land

The law of the land is clear.

That's why the McMichaels are in jail...

All the neighbors were pointing at your criminal hero as he fled from the crime scene that's called reasonable suspicion

That's simply not true.

Why did the owner of the property say nothing had been stolen?

Wrong.
The burglary was 3 weeks before, and Abrey had nothing and was not a legitimate suspect in anything.
Not wanting to stop his jog for an illegal interrogation is not reasonable suspicion of a crime.
Pinocchio's little brother wouldn't be dumb enough to think he was jogging in long cotton cargo shorts and loose high tops on a 4 mile trip LOL

It's perfectly legal to drive up to somebody and ask them to explain why they were inside a home that had been recently burglarized by someone that looks exactly like you

That's simply not true.

Why did the owner of the property say nothing had been stolen?
Cowardly Larry English has been receiving death threats ever since this unfortunate scenario unfolded

In fear for his life he is now recanting everything he said prior to the social media outrage that has precipitated the violent threats against his life

Luckily some of the reports he made detailing the string of burglaries he was suffering is documented fire his 911 calls

Terroristic threatening is a very effective strategy to silence a victim, what a shame this cowardly man doesn't have the guts to stand up and admit the fact that he was being robbed by the same person who was shot that day in the unfortunate incident between the McMichaels and Ahmaud Arberry

And now after the death threats this cowardly man is singing a completely different tune

But according to you, I did see him commit a crime. I saw him trespassing on my property.

If you're going to try to play stupid little games to try to trip someone up, you might want to employ even a modicum of intelligence in doing so...

How about if he slammed you on the ground and then picked up a 3-pound rock and was about to smash you in the head with it, would you fight back or submit to the Smashing?

My guess is I could get far enough away where he wouldn't be able to reach me with a three pound rock.

Your continue "what ifs" is only making you look far more stupid than you had already appeared, and that's fuckin' impressive.

The McMichaels acted outside the law, and they're going to pay for doing that.

$100? C'mon, coward...

your lawyer is a PC hack dirty digging for views by coddling the popular fake news narrative

nobody "waved a gun around"
if they had POINTED guns he wouldent have charged them at all

What they were doing is the literal definition of Aggravated Assault under Georgia law. And lawyer after lawyer say the same thing. Either they are all far more familiar with the law than you are, or they are all PC hacks. However. I think we are getting to your real objection. White guys were charged for killing a black guy. How outrageous.
they were never able to commission a citizen's arrest they were simply pursuing the individual when he decided to attack you don't have to have anything but reasonable suspicion to pursue someone while you're holding a gun in the state of Georgia

Oh. So when they dismounted the car armed and called on Arbury to stop they were not attempting a citizens arrest? Ok. What were they doing? Attempted Kidnapping? Their own words to the cops are sinking them here. That is part of your problem. They told the cops what they were trying to do, and on camera. Now you want to either go back and change history or pretend they didn’t say it

if you walk around the corner and a woman is screaming in a foreign language while pointing at a man running away from her it's perfectly legal for you to detain him for law enforcement because you had reasonable suspicion that he had committed a crime even though you had not witnessed any crime committed

Not really. But in either case it doesn’t matter. Nobody but the McMichaels were shouting and pointing. But I am confused. Were they after Arbury to detain him as you seem to indicate here or were they just standing armed in the middle of the street blocking the mans path after several attempts to cut him off according to their own statement to the police with no threat indicated?

One of America's most horrible serial killers was taken into custody by a group of citizens in California who did not witness him commit a crime of any kind!

they ran him down and beat him mercilessly until the police arrived simply because they believed he was Richard Ramirez The Night Stalker from recognizing his photograph

under your cowardly interpretation of the law This Woman's rapist and the most horrible serial killer in American history would have been allowed to escape since the citizenry would now not be allowed to act unless they actually physically witnessed a crime

Several things. First. The Cops put the sketch, and it was a sketch not a photograph, on the TV and news. Second. The POLICE identified the man as a suspect for the crimes.

THIRD. California and Georgia have different laws and the two cases are very different. In California in the 1980’s the Citizens arrest laws were first hand knowledge of a Misdemeanor and reasonable suspicion of a Felony. And I fail to see what the case of Richard Ramirez has to do with at most a suspected petty theft guy in Georgia.

the vast majority of thefts in stores are not actually witnessed but the individual is detained and then determined to have been shoplifting once a search has been conducted

I have over 20 years of personal first-hand professional experience in public safety that's why I know so much more about the law than you do

And again I ask what the hell Public Safety is? Look Scooter. I keep pointing out lawyers and you deride them. Here is another.

Citizen’s arrest
A private person can only make a citizen’s arrest if they see another person committing a crime. A citizen's arrest occurs when a citizen prevents a suspect from leaving a scene. Citizen's arrest most often happens in cases like shoplifting, when the store's manager detains the suspected offender.

So help me out here. You could be richer than Warren Buffet by being a lawyer in Georgia and explaining the laws of Georgia to the courts. Because all of them apparently have it wrong. Every single cop, every lawyer, and every Judge has it completely wrong. I mean every single one. Hell you could buy a private jet and own an island in a few months.

I don’t know what mall you are a rent a cop at. I don’t know what state you are in. I don’t know and I really don’t care. Because I live in Georgia. I live in Rural Georgia outside of Savannah. I have lived in Georgia for nearly thirty years. I have been fortunate enough to meet and know two Judges. One was a neighbor of my Wife’s family and the other shared an interest in Civil War rifles. He had a lovely collection of them.

Now Security Officer. Let’s be honest for a moment. What kind of blistering fool would listen to a Rent a Cop instead of a Lawyer where the law is concerned?
this may come as a shock to you but lawyers lie quite frequently

all the McMichaels needed to detain was reasonable suspicion that he had committed a crime and when you have a home under construction that has been burglarized numerous times by a person you personally recognize and then you see that person that you personally recognize fleeing up the street while neighbors are identifying him you then have Reasonable Suspicion to detain him

Again. Not according to Georgia Law. Let me explain to you the difference. In fact let me make it a larger example.

Way back in history there was a revolution in England. The King was defeated. But without the King the Lords would have no unifying individual. It is hard to claim divine right of God to rule when the highest and thus most Divine was overthrown. So they came up with the Magna Carta. It created the Jury Trials.

Now the King could no longer have you arrested and sent to Prison on a whim. Or worse.

Part of that was an idea. Jury Nullification. This came about when yes you broke the letter of the law. But either the law, or the application was unjust. It was an unjust law or unjustly applied.

It has never been a popular ideal. But it is a legal principle that is supposed to accompany our trials. It is one the population is woefully unaware of. We have made it a crime to inform people who are headed in for Jury Duty of this.

Now you are confusing lawful with right. And we can debate the rightness. I personally don’t think a Georgia Jury would embrace the idea of Jury Nullification in this case even if they knew about it.

We have posted the text. We have posted explanations of what the text means. To you this is wrong. It is not right. But it is the law in Georgia

I did not make the law. The cops who arrested the McMichaels didn’t make the law. The judges and lawyers did not make the law. These are the rules that have existed for a long time. There are people in Georgia Prisons who did similar crimes.

What annoys me personally is the Aggravated Assault charge. Georgia’s law is very strict on that. And before the McMorons stood in the street there was a group of lawmakers in Atlanta trying to change it.

Right now. Let’s say I see a guy beating the holy hell out of his girlfriend. I step in and stop it by pulling my pistol. I have a valid concealed carry permit. I hold the guy for cops. Now the Grand Jury will probably indict me for aggravated assault. I pulled my weapon. If I do so without a reasonable belief that a threat to life exists at every moment my weapon is in hand I am breaking the law.

The Legislature was debating this to make a change to the law. That reform ended when the video went public. McMoron not only screwed himself. But a lot of other people will have problems because of him.

You are confusing what you think is right with the law. And you are assuming the laws are the same everywhere. Neither belief is correct.

But according to you, I did see him commit a crime. I saw him trespassing on my property.

If you're going to try to play stupid little games to try to trip someone up, you might want to employ even a modicum of intelligence in doing so...

My guess is I could get far enough away where he wouldn't be able to reach me with a three pound rock.

Your continue "what ifs" is only making you look far more stupid than you had already appeared, and that's fuckin' impressive.

The McMichaels acted outside the law, and they're going to pay for doing that.

$100? C'mon, coward...
I wouldn't bet your virginity on the American court system and I'm sure that's worth a lot less than one hundred bucks LOL

How come you're too much of a sniveling feeble coward to answer the scenario

You drive up to your home and see a man you don't know jumping out of your child's window who after making visual contact with you flees in a panic....

what would you do?

The only thing I object to is that they chased and made contact. They're not cops anymore. They should not have been out of the truck.
Citizen arrest of criminal caught on tape trepassing and attempting to rob a place--------who did not live in the area and would never be jobbing that far from his house.

How come you're too much of a sniveling feeble coward to answer the scenario

You drive up to your home and see a man you don't know jumping out of your child's window who after making visual contact with you flees in a panic....

what would you do?

I already answered that, dipshit.

If I see a man jumping out of a window in my house, then I have witnessed a crime (trespassing) and, as such, would be justified in chasing him.

The McMichaels witnessed no crime. Gregory McMichael admitted that.

You're not real good at this...

And now after the death threats this cowardly man is singing a completely different tune

Well, whine all you want, but that last video destroys the story the McMichaels have fooled you into believing...

You mean the video he made after he was a threatened? Is that the one you're talking about??

Yup.

In none of the previous videos did English ever identify the person he though was trespassing. Why? Because he didn't know. I also didn't hear, in any of the videos, English claim that he had had items stolen.

Also, Arbury's murder was pretty far removed from when those 911 calls were made...

Forum List

Back