The Oscars are no longer relevant.

TheHardTruth

Aug 29, 2020
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
According to UPI (1)
" The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced new representation and inclusion standards that Best Picture nominees must meet at the Oscars.. The changes, as part of the Academy Aperture 2025 initiative, are designed to ensure that Best Picture nominees reflect the diversity of the movie-going audience."

Kirstie Alley said it all with her tweet :

This is a disgrace to artists everywhere...can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his fucking paintings. You people have lost your minds. Control artists,control individual thought .. OSCAR ORWELL https://t.co/QhM8e6msnj
— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) September 9, 2020

There's really nothing more to say. The Oscars, literally the Gold standard of Movie Awards, has become nothing more than an irrelevant measuring stick of cancel culture compliance. Do as we tell you, or your work has no value. Can you imagine Francis Ford Coppola trying to make a historically accurate, albiet fictional, depiction of the Italian mafia, but, in order for it to be considered for Best Picture, a pre-determined percentage of actors would have had to be of a race or creed other than Italian. Imagine how insanely ridiculous it would be to have, say, Forrest Whitaker(though a fine actor) play the role of Vito Corleone....and perhaps we could have Denzel Washington (IMO a racist cry baby) play Michael just so it could be considered for Best Picture. Of course, just think, would that apply to films such as, say, Black Panther? I think not. How reflective of the audience was that cast and crew? How reflective in terms of percentage of white actors were in that film? Whites make up 63.4% of the population. What do you think the chances are that whites made up 63.4% of "The Black Panther" film staff,crew, and actors. My bet is on slim to none. These racist rules....yes they are racist because they seek to force favor on one group over another simply because of race, are the reason racism perpetuates in society. Anytime one group perceives they are purposely disadvantaged for the benefit of another (reverse discrimination is discrimination), animosity towards the favored group will fester. But I would surmise that is just what those whose go to cry is "Racism" want. Too many of them benefit financially from the perpetuation of racism to let it die. The Academy, however, is one pandering orginization that will fade into irrelevance with this change. There will be NO reason to watch the Oscars in the future. None. The Best Picture Oscar will not be a judgement of the quality of the work but of the diversity of the cast and crew. Oscar is dead.

(1) Oscars announce inclusion standards for Best Picture category

View attachment 386538According to UPI (1)
" The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced new representation and inclusion standards that Best Picture nominees must meet at the Oscars.. The changes, as part of the Academy Aperture 2025 initiative, are designed to ensure that Best Picture nominees reflect the diversity of the movie-going audience."

This is a disgrace to artists everywhere...can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his fucking paintings. You people have lost your minds. Control artists,control individual thought .. OSCAR ORWELL https://t.co/QhM8e6msnj

There's really nothing more to say. The Oscars, literally the Gold standard of Movie Awards, has become nothing more than an irrelevant measuring stick of cancel culture compliance. Do as we tell you, or your work has no value. Can you imagine Francis Ford Coppola trying to make a historically accurate, albiet fictional, depiction of the Italian mafia, but, in order for it to be considered for Best Picture, a pre-determined percentage of actors would have had to be of a race or creed other than Italian. Imagine how insanely ridiculous it would be to have, say, Forrest Whitaker(though a fine actor) play the role of Vito Corleone....and perhaps we could have Denzel Washington (IMO a racist cry baby) play Michael just so it could be considered for Best Picture. Of course, just think, would that apply to films such as, say, Black Panther? I think not. How reflective of the audience was that cast and crew? How reflective in terms of percentage of white actors were in that film? Whites make up 63.4% of the population. What do you think the chances are that whites made up 63.4% of "The Black Panther" film staff,crew, and actors. My bet is on slim to none. These racist rules....yes they are racist because they seek to force favor on one group over another simply because of race, are the reason racism perpetuates in society. Anytime one group perceives they are purposely disadvantaged for the benefit of another (reverse discrimination is discrimination), animosity towards the favored group will fester. But I would surmise that is just what those whose go to cry is "Racism" want. Too many of them benefit financially from the perpetuation of racism to let it die. The Academy, however, is one pandering orginization that will fade into irrelevance with this change. There will be NO reason to watch the Oscars in the future. None. The Best Picture Oscar will not be a judgement of the quality of the work but of the diversity of the cast and crew. Oscar is dead.

when were they relevant???

I love Kirstie Alley so much right now. Even more than when I was drooling over her as an adolescent in the early '90's.

No White people that I know have seen the Black Panther movie.

All the white people you know have sex with their own mothers so that makes sense.

The Oscars havent been relevant since forever. Never watched them. I didnt know about them until I became an adult.

All the white people you know have sex with their own mothers so that makes sense.

The Oscars havent been relevant since forever. Never watched them. I didnt know about them until I became an adult.
Awww, did I touch a nerve? Do you need a hankie from a honkey? :206:

Last edited:
The Academy awards in 2016 bowed to the PC crowd who complained about the lack of Black people pictures winning the award, and gave the Best Picture Oscar to the movie "Moonlight".
The movie practically nobody saw, was about a young black gang banger who finally came out as a homo.
That was when the Oscar's went total retard. ... :cuckoo:

Oscars are only relevant to people who are either trying to get in or are already in the Hollywood bubble -- and the people who worship them.....

The rest of the people I see whining about the Oscars are people who are pissed that 100% of the awards don't go to white folks....get over it

The Oscars have sucked for close to 30 years now. I believe the last time I actually watched them was probably 1991. And I watched them that year only because I really liked Silence of the Lambs.

I love Kirstie Alley so much right now. Even more than when I was drooling over her as an adolescent in the early '90's.
Kirstie IS cool.

They won't be missed.

Oscars are only relevant to people who are either trying to get in or are already in the Hollywood bubble -- and the people who worship them.....

The rest of the people I see whining about the Oscars are people who are pissed that 100% of the awards don't go to white folks....get over it
Aren't there Black Awards already that exclude Whites?

The Oscars have sucked for close to 30 years now. I believe the last time I actually watched them was probably 1991. And I watched them that year only because I really liked Silence of the Lambs.
I bet you had a crush on Jody the lesbian.

Forum List

Back