The Oscars are no longer relevant.

View attachment 386538According to UPI (1)
" The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced new representation and inclusion standards that Best Picture nominees must meet at the Oscars.. The changes, as part of the Academy Aperture 2025 initiative, are designed to ensure that Best Picture nominees reflect the diversity of the movie-going audience."

Kirstie Alley said it all with her tweet :

This is a disgrace to artists everywhere...can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his fucking paintings. You people have lost your minds. Control artists,control individual thought .. OSCAR ORWELL https://t.co/QhM8e6msnj
— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) September 9, 2020

There's really nothing more to say. The Oscars, literally the Gold standard of Movie Awards, has become nothing more than an irrelevant measuring stick of cancel culture compliance. Do as we tell you, or your work has no value. Can you imagine Francis Ford Coppola trying to make a historically accurate, albiet fictional, depiction of the Italian mafia, but, in order for it to be considered for Best Picture, a pre-determined percentage of actors would have had to be of a race or creed other than Italian. Imagine how insanely ridiculous it would be to have, say, Forrest Whitaker(though a fine actor) play the role of Vito Corleone....and perhaps we could have Denzel Washington (IMO a racist cry baby) play Michael just so it could be considered for Best Picture. Of course, just think, would that apply to films such as, say, Black Panther? I think not. How reflective of the audience was that cast and crew? How reflective in terms of percentage of white actors were in that film? Whites make up 63.4% of the population. What do you think the chances are that whites made up 63.4% of "The Black Panther" film staff,crew, and actors. My bet is on slim to none. These racist rules....yes they are racist because they seek to force favor on one group over another simply because of race, are the reason racism perpetuates in society. Anytime one group perceives they are purposely disadvantaged for the benefit of another (reverse discrimination is discrimination), animosity towards the favored group will fester. But I would surmise that is just what those whose go to cry is "Racism" want. Too many of them benefit financially from the perpetuation of racism to let it die. The Academy, however, is one pandering orginization that will fade into irrelevance with this change. There will be NO reason to watch the Oscars in the future. None. The Best Picture Oscar will not be a judgement of the quality of the work but of the diversity of the cast and crew. Oscar is dead.

(1) Oscars announce inclusion standards for Best Picture category
I wish I could feel outrage

but I simply dont notice or care what goes on in hollywood anymore

Oscars are only relevant to people who are either trying to get in or are already in the Hollywood bubble -- and the people who worship them.....

The rest of the people I see whining about the Oscars are people who are pissed that 100% of the awards don't go to white folks....get over it
Oscars are only relevant to people who are either trying to get in or are already in the Hollywood bubble -- and the people who worship them.....

The rest of the people I see whining about the Oscars are people who are pissed that 100% of the awards don't go to white folks....get over it
Aren't there Black Awards already that exclude Whites?
Yes, there are Black ONLY Awards shows as well as BET Black Entertainment Television and the Black Miss America contest which excludes whites. If there were WET White Entertainment Television or a White Miss America contest that excluded blacks, I suspect you would be the first to be up in arms. But there isn't. Double standard? You bet. Perhaps YOU are the one who needs to GET OVER IT!

" The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced new representation and inclusion standards that Best Picture nominees must meet at the Oscars.. The changes, as part of the Academy Aperture 2025 initiative, are designed to ensure that Best Picture nominees reflect the diversity of the movie-going audience."

This is a disgrace to artists everywhere...can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his fucking paintings. You people have lost your minds. Control artists,control individual thought .. OSCAR ORWELL https://t.co/QhM8e6msnj

There's really nothing more to say. The Oscars, literally the Gold standard of Movie Awards, has become nothing more than an irrelevant measuring stick of cancel culture compliance. Do as we tell you, or your work has no value. Can you imagine Francis Ford Coppola trying to make a historically accurate, albiet fictional, depiction of the Italian mafia, but, in order for it to be considered for Best Picture, a pre-determined percentage of actors would have had to be of a race or creed other than Italian. Imagine how insanely ridiculous it would be to have, say, Forrest Whitaker(though a fine actor) play the role of Vito Corleone....and perhaps we could have Denzel Washington (IMO a racist cry baby) play Michael just so it could be considered for Best Picture. Of course, just think, would that apply to films such as, say, Black Panther? I think not. How reflective of the audience was that cast and crew? How reflective in terms of percentage of white actors were in that film? Whites make up 63.4% of the population. What do you think the chances are that whites made up 63.4% of "The Black Panther" film staff,crew, and actors. My bet is on slim to none. These racist rules....yes they are racist because they seek to force favor on one group over another simply because of race, are the reason racism perpetuates in society. Anytime one group perceives they are purposely disadvantaged for the benefit of another (reverse discrimination is discrimination), animosity towards the favored group will fester. But I would surmise that is just what those whose go to cry is "Racism" want. Too many of them benefit financially from the perpetuation of racism to let it die. The Academy, however, is one pandering orginization that will fade into irrelevance with this change. There will be NO reason to watch the Oscars in the future. None. The Best Picture Oscar will not be a judgement of the quality of the work but of the diversity of the cast and crew. Oscar is dead.

Agreed nor are the Nobel prizes.

Yes, there are Black ONLY Awards shows as well as BET Black Entertainment Television and the Black Miss America contest which excludes whites. If there were WET White Entertainment Television or a White Miss America contest that excluded blacks, I suspect you would be the first to be up in arms. But there isn't. Double standard? You bet. Perhaps YOU are the one who needs to GET OVER IT!
Yes, there were White Only Award shows....it was called the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, etc etc etc....

Let me guess, you are still pissed about Sidney Poitier winning an Oscar??

Wish it was more like the good old days, when black folks weren't allowed to play roles outside of a butler or a slave?

And while you are whining like a bitch about BET awards -- in the 14 or so years there has been such an awards show -- 7 times a white person won an award there....which is a much better percentage than what Academy award black folks have won....

Yes, there were White Only Award shows....it was called the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, etc etc etc....

Wish it was more like the good old days, when black folks weren't allowed to play roles outside of a butler or a slave?

And while you are whining like a bitch about BET awards -- in the 14 or so years there has been such an awards show -- 7 times a white person won an award there....which is a much better percentage than what Academy award black folks have won....

If they were White Award, Sidney would never have won. Black-only Awards are racist, don't you agree?

No, I loved it when Sidney won the Oscar. His was the best damned performance that year. No one with a brain thinks like you do. Only mental defectives, and racist assholes, like you, feel the way you do.

Opportunities for blacks today are much more prevalent then in the past. Giving the Oscar out now because a person is black cheapens it even more. In fact, there are recent winners who can not hold a movie by themselves. Which means you can question it. To me it is always not realizing the best as realizing when an actor is bad. We see the cream of the crop that last for decades. Then the rest.

No White people that I know have seen the Black Panther movie.

I did and it was great.

That's awesome. Now we may not have to hear all the drivel coming out of it as it has been a political ad for dems for a long time. Hollywood is a cesspool.

I did and it was great.
Ya, but you slept with a bunch of Black guys.

I did and it was great.

Nope but it was a seriously great movie.

Rachel Dolezal doesn’t count.

Liberals are fucking up the movie industry just like they have fucked up everything else.

Under these guidelines a movie like "Saving Private Ryan" could not be considered for Best Picture.

Yea, that is how dumbass these Libtards are.

Like there aren't enough Negroes and queers in movies already.

I did and it was great.

A Black hero? Too unbelievable.

If their moronic Left Wing filth lecturing in the awards presentation wasn't enough to piss off America they have doubled down on their stupidity. Nobody will watch that stupid shit anymore. Meanwhile the audience for the movies that meet the stupid criteria will be greatly reduced.

Liberals screw up everything they touch.

I did and it was great.

Guess you never saw Shaft.

I did and it was great.

Like when those HBO assholes did the Troy series and half the Greeks were goddamn Negroes.

Forum List

Back