The origin of homosexuality

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I am not aware of this, but I have a good version.
Since in ancient times this was common only in Old Europe and the Middle East, it can be assumed that this is an atavism of matriarchy.

Let's take a herd of swine as an example. Matriarchy is obvious there. Females make decisions there, they live in a group and take one boar for themselves, which drives all other boars out of the female herd.

If there was the same in people, then many men did not have the opportunity to have sex with women, so they were looking for a surrogate relationship.

• Banned
This raises the question of why this did not happen in the east. I think that the point here is that there was no collectivism in the east, this is the reason. Eastern people were not inclined to unite, therefore, there were no flocks of females, and even if they did, males did not unite. That is why a patriarchal society arose there, which in general has never been as close-knit as a society of the Prussian type.

• Banned
The latter, in turn, could arise due to the fact that people are usually united by the harsh living conditions that were in Northern Europe and in the Middle Eastern deserts. If the living conditions are not tough, the reverse process of delimitation and individual development takes place.

• Banned
This is especially true for hunters. Hunting usually involves collective action. Lions and canine species usually carry out joint actions, they ambush and drive their victims, or collectively attack a large animal. This requires cohesion and coordination within the group.

I am not aware of this, but I have a good version.
Since in ancient times this was common only in Old Europe and the Middle East, it can be assumed that this is an atavism of matriarchy.

Let's take a herd of swine as an example. Matriarchy is obvious there. Females make decisions there, they live in a group and take one boar for themselves, which drives all other boars out of the female herd.

If there was the same in people, then many men did not have the opportunity to have sex with women, so they were looking for a surrogate relationship.

How do you know it wasn't common elsewhere?

• Banned
It can also be noted that sexual dimorphism in eastern populations is more pronounced. In the east, women are more infantile, both in character and in anatomy. For example, the Afghan academy has researched the Khazar women, and they claim that they don't even have body hair. This is an extreme case, and there are no exact data on such a distribution, but based on the appearance of the Eastern and American types of women, we can make rough conclusions that they are more infantile than the Northern European type.

And the weakening of sexual dimorphism was also supposed to contribute to the development of homosexuality.

• Banned
According to religious studies and archaeological data, there are no such signs in other places. For example, the cult of the mother goddess in figurines and mythology

• Banned
Perhaps it was somewhere else, but mostly scientists believe that "tolerance" was characteristic of Old Europe.

This is also seen in atavisms: they have widespread female power.

rupol2000 is a completely new member, does not follow any forum rules, and completely pulls shit out their ass.

This poster put this bat shit crazy thread in the Science sub-forum and passed it off as "science," with out a link there too. It went on for pages, and I, and another poster called them on it. . . but they just want on to ignore us, but never posted anything to back up their fantasy world.

This poster basis their threads on flights of fantasy, their limited experiences, video games, books and TEE VEE. . . not necessarily the combined wisdom of many experts in the field throughout all of history.

Unless I see this person start laying down links?

Ignore them.

Unless I see this person start laying down links?
I write what works I refer to. For example, you can read the books of the scientist archaeologist Gimbutas.

But in general, if idiots do not enter into the conversation, demanding references to obvious facts, long researched and objective, such problems do not arise. Your problem is not a lack of links, but your low literacy.

According to religious studies and archaeological data, there are no such signs in other places. For example, the cult of the mother goddess in figurines and mythology

Well, according to archaeology, the absence of something doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Like dinosaurs. We only know about those dinosaurs who lived in areas which were good for fossilizing bones. We know NOTHING about dinosaurs that lived in jungles. Absolutely NOTHING.

Other societies might have kept homosexuality as a taboo, doesn't mean it didn't go on.

Well, according to archaeology, the absence of something doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Like dinosaurs. We only know about those dinosaurs who lived in areas which were good for fossilizing bones. We know NOTHING about dinosaurs that lived in jungles. Absolutely NOTHING.

Other societies might have kept homosexuality as a taboo, doesn't mean it didn't go on.
I did not claim that this was not anywhere else. Perhaps it was in other places, and the the fact that there was patriarchy and homophobia in the east suggests that they knew about this phenomenon. But here it is not the details that are important, but the general mechanisms.

I did not claim that this was not anywhere else. Perhaps it was in other places, and the the fact that there was patriarchy and homophobia in the east suggests that they knew about this phenomenon. But here it is not the details that are important, but the general mechanisms.

Well, either way, you can't say homosexuality originated from anywhere. Firstly because you don't know, secondly because it probably didn't originate from anywhere. It's just that humans are sexual beings and homosexuality is a logical tangent from that.

I write what works I refer to. For example, you can read the books of the scientist archaeologist Gimbutas.

But in general, if idiots do not enter into the conversation, demanding references to obvious facts, long researched and objective, such problems do not arise. Your problem is not a lack of links, but your low literacy.
You problem? You read only stuff that reinforces your POV. That is not the totality of human history.

Your premises is complete crap.

You are full of shit, and you don't know as much as you believe you do.

Homosexuality is not, historically "exclusive," to the European subcontinent.

Give it up.

Homosexuality is not, historically "exclusive," to the European subcontinent.
I have said "generally" it means "mostly"

And more precisely, this concept is not just Europe, and the historical region "Old Europe" and the Middle East, which adjoined to this culture

I have said "generally" it means "mostly"

And more precisely, this concept is not just Europe, and the historical region "Old Europe" and the Middle East, which adjoined to this culture
The Bible, which is an ancient document rooted in the Middle East, speaks of homosexual behavior.

A better question is, is homosexual behavior genetic or learned?

If you look at ancient Greece and Sparta, you will notice that all the men practiced homosexual and/or bisexual activity which leads to me believe it is socially mediated and not just a genetic random occurrence

However, for cultures that do not embrace homosexual activity, how are they motivated? Was it learned in other ways in how they were brought up or did they have no choice due to genetics? That is the head scratcher.

A better question is, is homosexual behavior genetic or learned?
If we proceed from this hypothesis, then most likely it is partly genetic, since there is an evolutionary process involved. This is indirectly confirmed by Freud's research, he argued that men are able to receive pleasure from exposure through the anus, but I do not think that this is a common case. This apparently applies only to a subset of the population.

Homosexuality in ancient Greece is a rather confusing topic. The Alexander Macedonian was homosexual, but he was not Greek. In greec in different periods there were different peoples. I am skeptical about the homosexuality of Sparta.

Well, either way, you can't say homosexuality originated from anywhere. Firstly because you don't know, secondly because it probably didn't originate from anywhere. It's just that humans are sexual beings and homosexuality is a logical tangent from that.
Bonobos, our closest relatives, practice homosexuality so it is probably safe to assume humans always have too.

Forum List

Back