The Oracle X came in today!!

No crossbow can shoot as good as that scope is.

It's made for crossbows.
Crossbow projectiles are called bolts, brah. And actually they differ in the fletching. Yeah. I can't use my fletching jig on a crossbow bolt.

Not with a favorable outcome, anyway.

While true ....brah.
Everyone calls them arrows in the crossbow world.
And you'll have to tell me what makes a crossbow "arrow" different when it comes to fletchings.
As someone who shot compound bows I don't see a lick of difference between the two.

No crossbow has the accuracy of a well-tuned .220 Swift.
or Marlin Model 60. I need to put a medium sight on my bow, but the hunter sight is already served in. I think I can do it anyway.
Medium sight is much tighter. I want.
I'd almost challenge crossbow vs. my bow.

You'd lose badly.
I've shot recurves and compound bows and they dont come close to a crossbow in accuracy.
Especially when you shoot at a distance,no bow can match a crossbow and thats a fact.

You'd lose badly.
I've shot recurves and compound bows and they dont come close to a crossbow in accuracy.
Especially when you shoot at a distance,no bow can match a crossbow and thats a fact.
You never seen that big ol' barrel torso white girl popping balloons @ 100 yards shooting an "overdraw" bow backwards.
At least I doubt you have, making a statement like that.
Okay, I got targets. Let's do 30 yard 3-shot groupings. I'll use Ye Olde Bow, and you can use your crossbow. And we'll take pictures! :D
Some arrows may die for this cause. I have the cost of arrows figured out to around $13 apc.
My last 3-shot grouping like that was within a quarter. Can stick a bottle @ 35 yards all day.
Last time I did that it messed up 2 arrows. Really I can only stick the bottom of a small Solo styrofoam coffee cup @ 35 yards all day.
Not hitting quarters consistently at that distance.

Last edited:
The human need to needlessly kill animals is pretty amazing. He says that he lives on dividend income (insert giggle here) so he doesn't really need to hunt down an animal does he? LOL.
Some men hunt. I used to, but not anymore, as it is a time-consuming gig. It is something that not only puts meat on the table or in the freezer, but is a skill to be maintained, as you might need it again someday along with the equipment to do it, and there is always people glad to accept fresh game, if you have excess. You are not supposed to sell it (at least here) but there are lots of people that appreciate the charity. Hunting sharpens your senses and outdoor skills. Good to have. Also, hunters are great conservationists, thinning herds, cutting down disease and are actually good for the overall ecology and conservation of the game animals, that can get out of balance and affect the land, other species and encroach on people. A good example being the wild hog population in Texas.

You never seen that big ol' barrel torso white girl popping balloons @ 100 yards shooting an "overdraw" bow backwards.
At least I doubt you have, making a statement like that.
Okay, I got targets. Let's do 30 yard 3-shot groupings. I'll use Ye Olde Bow, and you can use your crossbow.
Some arrows may die for this cause. I have the cost of arrows figured out to around $13 apc.
My last 3-shot grouping like that was within a quarter. Can stick a bottle @ 35 yards all day.
Last time I did that it messed up 2 arrows.

There's nothing you can say that will convince me a bow of any kind can out shoot a crossbow.
Show me someone who can draw a 300lb draw compound bow, you cant because they're none existent.

Some men hunt. I used to, but not anymore, as it is a time-consuming gig. It is something that not only puts meat on the table or in the freezer, but is a skill to be maintained, as you might need it again someday along with the equipment to do it, and there is always people glad to accept fresh game, if you have excess. You are not supposed to sell it (at least here) but there are lots of people that appreciate the charity. Hunting sharpens your senses and outdoor skills. Good to have. Also, hunters are great conservationists, thinning herds, cutting down disease and are actually good for the overall ecology and conservation of the game animals, that can get out of balance and affect the land, other species and encroach on people. A good example being the wild hog population in Texas.
There should be no wild hogs in America. Razorbacks came from The Spanish.

You'd lose badly.

Well of course. Only a crossbow holds the arrow tip to feather end-to-end in a controlled, pre-aligned flight path that allows no flexure nor deviation.

There's nothing you can say that will convince me a bow of any kind can out shoot a crossbow.
Show me someone who can draw a 300lb draw compound bow, you cant because they're none existent.
Crossbows don't have 300 lb draws. :nono:
That's some kinda gimmick.

Last edited:
Crossbows don't have 300 lb draws. :nono:

Uhhh....yes they do.
My new Flatline 460 has a 300lb draw. And thats not even the highest draw weight out there.

Uhhh....yes they do.
My new Flatline 460 has a 300lb draw. And thats not even the highest draw weight out there.

I wanna see a vid with the scale with a draw pull on that. That's a gimmick. No way it isn't.
I remember I timed a crossbow, can't remember the numbers right now. It was faster than a regular bow, by a little bit.

Thats lame.
If you hunt with a rifle I guess that makes you a real bitch.
You cant throw rocks that fast?
I can throw rocks a helluva faster than you can cock that crossbow, nock a bolt properly and shoot it 1x.
I'm also just bustin' yur balls a bit. ;)
That's a nice optic!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back