Another 5" .38/200 S&W Victory Model

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Jeez, I hope they don't come in threes.....I do really. ;)

I picked this one up yesterday. It is dead stock and matching with no import markings, only the factory applied 'United States Property' on the top strap and the proper inspection markings on the butt....A very clean example of a Lend-Lease weapon.

vm 002 (2).JPG

vm 001 (2).JPG

vm 003 (4).JPG

Didn't the Hong Kong police use these back in the 60s and 70s? Issued by the UK through US partnerships?
They used all kinds of Brit and US handguns as well as later commercial revolver purchases well into the 80s but all are marked on the back-strap. RHKP and usually a rack number if memory serves.

As for post war use of the victory Models.......The .38/200s were used by post-war German police units in the Brit Zone while in the US Zone they issued the .38 Special 4" Victory Model to police. They too were marked on the back strap with a Zone code.

In the Brit Zone the Germans even remanufactured flapped holsters for the 5" Victory model made out of old M1879 Reichsrevolver holsters.

They are very rare but I found one years ago at the flea market for a couple bucks. At the time I did not even know what it was.

As you can see, the 5" V-M fits it perfectly.
rr 002 (2).JPG

Here is one of my 4" Victory models that shows the code of German police use.

dscn5257-2-jpg.1636865

The WB-S-PFOR means American Occupation Zone District of, Wurttemberg-Baden, Stadtpolizei (municipal police), Pforzheim (city)....The number afterwards is a rack or inventory number.

They used all kinds of Brit and US handguns as well as later commercial revolver purchases well into the 80s but all are marked on the back-strap. RHKP and usually a rack number if memory serves.

As for post war use of the victory Models.......The .38/200s were used by post-war German police units in the Brit Zone while in the US Zone they issued the .38 Special 4" Victory Model to police. They too were marked on the back strap with a Zone code.

In the Brit Zone the Germans even remanufactured flapped holsters for the 5" Victory model made out of old M1879 Reichsrevolver holsters.

They are very rare but I found one years ago at the flea market for a couple bucks. At the time I did not even know what it was.

As you can see, the 5" V-M fits it perfectly. View attachment 750709

Here is one of my 4" Victory models that shows the code of German police use.

dscn5257-2-jpg.1636865

The WB-S-PFOR means American Occupation Zone District of, Wurttemberg-Baden, Stadtpolizei (municipal police), Pforzheim (city)....The number afterwards is a rack or inventory number.
Wurttemberg-Baden........I was stationed in Heilbronn North of Stutgart.
Those were some good days.

Forum List

Back