The only way we can help jobs in this country is to elect a Republican President

I have come to the realization that there is no way that electing Obama President in 2012 will help the jobs picture. We need to put in a Republican if we hope to improve employment in this country

As long as Obama is President, Republicans will block any jobs bill that can help improve employment. Not a single bill can pass until Republicans get the President that they want

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do

So, just to understand you, you're saying that the Big 0 has done nothing to date to help with jobs and now the Republicans are stopping him from working his magic?

Wow!

I'm still waiting for all those Republican jobs bills. It is obvious they will pass nothing until they have the president that they want.

Even when Obama proposes jobs bills that were initially proposed by Republicans such as small business legislation it gets blocked

So it is obvious, nothing will get done in Government till Republicans get their man

I have come to the realization that there is no way that electing Obama President in 2012 will help the jobs picture. We need to put in a Republican if we hope to improve employment in this country

As long as Obama is President, Republicans will block any jobs bill that can help improve employment. Not a single bill can pass until Republicans get the President that they want

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do

I think you're on to something there. It certainly explains the new GOP campaign slogan:

"Vote for us and no one gets hurt."

Gas is to high for working stiffs to start spending.

Dont need to be Paul Krugman to know that/

If the price of anything is too high, what is the only way available to reduce that price?

By having more of that thing available. Of course that is the way it's done if OPEC didn't hold oil off the market creating more expensive gas

Actually we are at record levels of supply. Blaming OPEC is so 80's. You may want to take a peek at what hedge funds and bankers like Goldman are doing.

crstuss.gif

I beg to differ! There is one way an obama second term could produce jobs. It's called 67 GOP Senators. Dayum, I'd love to see that. 4 years of crying stuttering, lame duck, impotence

I beg to differ! There is one way an obama second term could produce jobs. It's called 67 GOP Senators. Dayum, I'd love to see that. 4 years of crying stuttering, lame duck, impotence

Ain't gonna happen given their current do nothing stance. The Congressional approval ratings have gone from terrible to absolutely horrid in their watch.

I almost voted R last time because I knew this would happen; now the country will swing R for eight more years because any effort of recovery today will become evident later and credit will reside with the sitting administration after 2012.

I figured if we had voted R last time than the country would have swung D in 2012 and then hope and change would have had a chance to plant roots for eight years.

I have no idea what you just said.

That's OK. Neither does she.

I almost voted R last time because I knew this would happen; now the country will swing R for eight more years because any effort of recovery today will become evident later and credit will reside with the sitting administration after 2012.

I figured if we had voted R last time than the country would have swung D in 2012 and then hope and change would have had a chance to plant roots for eight years.

The usa should have voted Republican last time, thats the short of it.
You're damned shit sure, we should have. We'd have been out of this hole by now.

Exactly...republicans will not allow anything to be accomplished as long as Obama is President

The usa should have voted Republican last time, thats the short of it.
You're damned shit sure, we should have. We'd have been out of this hole by now.

Bottom line...bullshit. It is globalization gone bad. That is why the Euro/Greek stuff is having such an effect. We have sold our souls to this freakin devil and we are in the unnamed austerity plan. At least the Greeks, Ireland, Protugal, Spain, et al are being told the truth. They at least know that austerity is being forced on them. We just get a bunch of political bru hah hah.

Funny - I was just thinking that very thing. It's like fighting with two year-olds. Everybody is exhausted, and nobody gets anywhere.
Yeah, those dem's in the senate sure are a bunch o' pussies alright!

Ain't gonna happen given their current do nothing stance. The Congressional approval ratings have gone from terrible to absolutely horrid in their watch.
Actually I believe that if the election was tomorrow, we'd see about 55 GOP Senators maybe 57, a 10 to 12 seat gain in the house and obama with a tear stained suit and no regular pay check. A veto-proof Senate and House would be SO COOL though.

So, just to understand you, you're saying that the Big 0 has done nothing to date to help with jobs and now the Republicans are stopping him from working his magic?

Wow!

I'm still waiting for all those Republican jobs bills. It is obvious they will pass nothing until they have the president that they want.

Even when Obama proposes jobs bills that were initially proposed by Republicans such as small business legislation it gets blocked

So it is obvious, nothing will get done in Government till Republicans get their man

Jobs bills don't work. I thought after nearly 3 years of trying everything and nothing working would have convinced most people of that fact. Get it through your head - there's no magic bullet, no grand bargain, no gov't program that will create sustainable jobs until the underlying business climate is turned around and consumer confidence is restored. And even then we may not get back to 5% UE for quite awhile.

Last edited:
Wow. How shallow and shortsided. Both selfish and masochistic at the same time. The equivalant of holding a loaded gun to the head of an ex lover and informing them 'if I cant have you none can'.

Do us all a favor and shoot yourself in the head, America will do fine without warped neocon drivel.

Liberal Dictionary:
======================================
Jobs Bill - massive wealth transfer program to Democrat constituencies.

Exactly...republicans will not allow anything to be accomplished as long as Obama is President
If he would present some sane, reasonable legislation, we would pass it. You jackasses keep bitching about obama proposing ideas that Republicans posed earlier, but you foget that he tacks on gifts for unions and taxes on the industry he happens to hate that particular day.
If he truly wants to try some ideas Republicans have suggested, he should demand Harry Reid grab the stack out of the waste basket and vote on them as written.

The country will swing right for the next 40 years. You don't suppose the voters are so stupid that they will forget this lesson in 8 years, do you? All the voters now living will have to die before Democrats win all three branches of government again.

What alternative do we have?

Where are all the Republican jobs bills since the GOP took the House? As long as Obama is President, Republicans will do nothing that might make him look good

Electing Obama in 2012 will mean it is at least 2016 till Republicans allow any legislation to pass

Actually, blocking his sick joke of a "jobs bill" will make him look better than passing it would. The later will only exacerbate the deficit and impose more burdens on employers and working people. It won't create a single job.

Forum List

Back