The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Jesus dude. Read the fucking thread.

Oh great, another one of those.

I have read it. And nowhere, has anybody ever showed in any way whatsoever that Japan had told anybody they wanted to surrender.

Oh yes, they tried many times to get the Swiss, the Swedish, and the Soviets to present for them terms for an Armistice. But an Armistice is not a surrender, it is not even close. They wanted to turn the clock back to 1941, and pretend the war never happened.

Even the Swiss Ambassador told them that was not possible, and refused to even present the document to the Allies. The Swedish had the same response. The Soviet Ambassador pretty much blew them off, said he would pass it up to Stalin, then reported that they were delusional and there was no way the Man of Steel would present it. And we all know he never did, he knew that the terms Japan was trying to dictate were completely unacceptable. No disarmament, no occupation, no change in Government, no war crime trials, no reparations, all territories won and lost after 7 December returned to their previous country. Basically, they were trying to go "Ooops, our bad! We will give you back the Philippines, you give us all our land back, and we'll call it a draw!"

Yes, I know about their Armistice proposal, talked it to death. Something you would know if you had "read the fucking thread".

Now you said they wanted to surrender. Give us the proof of this. I find it absolutely amazing that so many are claiming they were proposing a peace treaty, but amazingly not a single person has actually provided a single shred of evidence to support that claim.
Take it from me, they tried several times to surrender.

Have you ever heard of General McArthur? He told Stalin’s Stooge of their desire to surrender. It’s clearly outline in a post just a few posts above. Please don’t be stupid.
And yet you can not link to a single verifiable source of what it is the Japanese Told McArthur. not one. Nor has fan boy poop spreader.
You’re not man enough to accept the truth. Imagine had the war ended
early in 1945. Imagine the numbers of Americans who would have lived. In essence, this means your beloved FDR and Truman were traitors.

early in
88D2C70A-FEE7-41E1-98B8-075C954BFEEA.png

I have read it. And nowhere, has anybody ever showed in any way whatsoever that Japan had told anybody they wanted to surrender.

Oh yes, they tried many times to get the Swiss, the Swedish, and the Soviets to present for them terms for an Armistice. But an Armistice is not a surrender, it is not even close. They wanted to turn the clock back to 1941, and pretend the war never happened.

Even the Swiss Ambassador told them that was not possible, and refused to even present the document to the Allies. The Swedish had the same response. The Soviet Ambassador pretty much blew them off, said he would pass it up to Stalin, then reported that they were delusional and there was no way the Man of Steel would present it. And we all know he never did, he knew that the terms Japan was trying to dictate were completely unacceptable. No disarmament, no occupation, no change in Government, no war crime trials, no reparations, all territories won and lost after 7 December returned to their previous country. Basically, they were trying to go "Ooops, our bad! We will give you back the Philippines, you give us all our land back, and we'll call it a draw!"

Yes, I know about their Armistice proposal, talked it to death. Something you would know if you had "read the fucking thread".

Now you said they wanted to surrender. Give us the proof of this. I find it absolutely amazing that so many are claiming they were proposing a peace treaty, but amazingly not a single person has actually provided a single shred of evidence to support that claim.

Have you ever heard of General McArthur? He told Stalin’s Stooge of their desire to surrender. It’s clearly outline in a post just a few posts above. Please don’t be stupid.
And yet you can not link to a single verifiable source of what it is the Japanese Told McArthur. not one. Nor has fan boy poop spreader.
It’s clear the Japanese wanted to surrender, well before the two bombs. Their only condition was the emperor. Truman refused and committed his war crime, then accepted their only condition. These facts are undeniable.

An intelligent person would question the use of the bombs based on these facts.
LOL NO that is an absolutely lie, even after the 1st Atomic Bomb they tried to get an armistice NOT a surrender and all they ever offered to anyone was a ceasefire return to 41 start lines and no concessions in China.

It’s clear the Japanese wanted to surrender, well before the two bombs. Their only condition was the emperor. Truman refused and committed his war crime, then accepted their only condition. These facts are undeniable.

LOL NO that is an absolutely lie, even after the 1st Atomic Bomb they tried to get an armistice NOT a surrender and all they ever offered to anyone was a ceasefire return to 41 start lines and no concessions in China.
You have to be one of the dumbest people I’ve ever met online. All the evidence has been revealed to you numerous times, yet you still cling to a lie.

Man up Son!

You have to be one of the dumbest people I’ve ever met online. All the evidence has been revealed to you numerous times, yet you still cling to a lie.

Man up Son!
You have NEVER linked to any of the specifics of what the japanese offered and have not told us who these Japanese were. THE FACTS are the ARMY controlled the Government and the Navy wanted to end the war. But did not control the Government, THE FACTS are that every OFFICIAL dispatch and intercept and even the notes from the Japanese meetings all say the SAME thing. ALL the Army offered was a ceasefire return to 41 start lines and NO concessions in China. It does not matter what some Japanese wanted as the final decision was by the ARMY and they REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs and a Soviet attack. And then staged a Coup attempt to stop the Emperor from surrendering when he over ruled them.

Man up Son!
You have NEVER linked to any of the specifics of what the japanese offered and have not told us who these Japanese were. THE FACTS are the ARMY controlled the Government and the Navy wanted to end the war. But did not control the Government, THE FACTS are that every OFFICIAL dispatch and intercept and even the notes from the Japanese meetings all say the SAME thing. ALL the Army offered was a ceasefire return to 41 start lines and NO concessions in China. It does not matter what some Japanese wanted as the final decision was by the ARMY and they REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs and a Soviet attack. And then staged a Coup attempt to stop the Emperor from surrendering when he over ruled them.
Damn you’re dumb.

And exactly where did they make this fact known to the world?

I have asked this many times, and like so many people you simply refuse to answer it or to provide any proof to back up this silly claim. If you are so right, then surely it would be really simple to find a single document or statement or speech by anybody in power in Japan stating such.

Yet, you provide nothing but insults.

And as for the statement about a "large segment of the Japanese cabinet was ready in the spring of 1945 to accept substantially the same terms as those finally agreed on" is not valid. That is an opinion. And ultimately an opinion that is ultimately wrong.

You see, the only thing that matters is what the Privy Council wanted. Those 8+1 men had the ultimate power in the nation, it is only what they wanted that mattered. And the day before the first bomb fell, they actually held a vote if the war should continue, and they voted 8-0 to continue the war.

Fast forward several days, after both bombs fell and the Soviets invaded. Then and only then did this vote change, to 4-4. And the 4 diehards as part of their arguments insisted that Japan fight on to the death. Not a single one of them would change their vote, until the meeting was so deadlocked that the Prime Minister finally passed the decision to Emperor Showa.

And we know all about the meetings of the Privy Council. This is the body that outright refused to negotiate, that dismissed Potsdam without even an attempt to discuss terms. They did exactly as they said they would do, treat it with contempt by refusing to discuss it.

Stimson was acting as a great many do, bloviate years later, trying to make themselves sound more important than they are by injecting their own opinions as if they mean something. Well guess what, opinions are not facts. They are only that, opinions.

I may have an opinion that Chocolate is the best food ever, and pay for surveys that find people that agree with me. But in the end that is really only an opinion. The problem you and Poopy have is that you can not tell the difference between an opinion and a fact, and consider them to be the same thing.

Which is why I keep saying the same thing over and over again. When did Japan make it known they were willing to accept the terms of Potsdam? In short, they never did. Even the month before the bombs fell they were still trying to peddle their Armistice proposal to anybody that would listen to them, and nobody would. Why even try that, when all they had to do was get on the radio and make the Jewel Voice Broadcast.

Trust me, if that had happened the fighting would have ended. But they did not do that. In fact, even that broadcast was not made until 15 August, after one major coup attempt to stop it, and even the Prime Minister urged the Emperor to make it as soon as possible else the entire Army rise up in revolt.

Wanting to surrender does not matter a damned bit if you do not tell anybody about it. And if there is one thing the US learned during the war, it is to never trust a Japanese offer of surrender until they have laid down their guns and gotten to their knees. They learned the hard way that the Japanese never surrendered, and most times that such an offer was made it was a trap. Surrendering Japanese soldiers pulling out grenades is not just a cheesy bit from movies, that actually happened.

By the end of the war, a Japanese soldier had to cross over into the US lines completely naked. They were that well known for trying to give a false surrender as a way to conduct a final attack. That is how fanatical they were.

OK, to be fair that is not quite true. The actual top leadership was composed of 3 factions. The CIvilian politicians, the Army, and the Navy.

In early August, the political side was starting to waiver, but they were the minority group in the Privy Council. The next was the Navy, they were also fanatics, but had been hit the hardest during the war. The majority of the losses against the Allies fell upon the Navy, and they had gone from one of the most powerful navies in the world to little more than a shattered shell. And almost all of their Naval Infantry (Marines) was also dead.

The Army however was little impacted, most of their battles were on Asia, and they had not suffered the huge losses of the Navy. This is why when in the final discussions, most of the Navy changed sides after the bombs were dropped and supported the Politicians in finding an acceptable negotiated surrender.

The Army on the other hand refused to budge. They still so believed that it was better to die as a nation than to surrender. But the change was enough that the decision was handed to the Emperor to decide. And make no mistakes, if the Emperor had decided to fight on, there would have been no choice but to utterly destroy the nation. That is undoubtedly the most important decision made by a single individual in all of human history.

And if he had said to fight on, the entire council would have then voted 8-0 to fight to the death, and they never again would have made such a vote.

I think it is really fascinating that I talk over and over again about the importance of the Privy Council, they were the only power in the land and it is only their decisions that matter. Even the walking through of the agreement was only sent through the Diet as a formality, they had no power. Yet some keep insisting they were about to surrender. Even though they repeatedly in their discussions outright dismissed Potsdam, and voted the day of the first bomb 8-0 to keep fighting. Not a single vote in dissent was ever raised until after the first bomb dropped.

early in 1945. Imagine the numbers of Americans who would have lived. In essence, this means your beloved FDR and Truman were traitors.

Gee, then maybe the Japanese should have told somebody they were about to surrender. But funny, they did not do so before or after Iwo Jima. And they also said not a thing other than they would win and drive the Americans into the ocean during Okinawa.

If they were going to surrender in January 1945, funny how it took until August for them to actually make that announcement to the world.

Of course, Mac also stated that he would hold the Philippines forever, and that the Chinese would not dare get involved in the Korean War.

And we all know how those predictions turned out.

It is well known that Mac wanted to invade Japan. He wanted to be at the head of a victorious army, marching into the capitol of an enemy he had defeated himself. Not forced to largely sit back and watch as it ended not through martial prowess but by 2 bombs.

Here's a timeline that is relatively easy to follow.

... and a related incident after the Aug. 15 speech. The surrender wasn't a done deal until a few hours before the broadcast. And, even then it was dicey whether the country would follow the Emperor or the fanatics. There were all those troops left in China to worry about. Given all the assassiantio attempts and riots of that era in Japan, it was never a given that the government had total control over all the factions.

I wasn't aware of this one.

Last edited:

Gee, then maybe the Japanese should have told somebody they were about to surrender. But funny, they did not do so before or after Iwo Jima. And they also said not a thing other than they would win and drive the Americans into the ocean during Okinawa.

If they were going to surrender in January 1945, funny how it took until August for them to actually make that announcement to the world.

Of course, Mac also stated that he would hold the Philippines forever, and that the Chinese would not dare get involved in the Korean War.

And we all know how those predictions turned out.

It is well known that Mac wanted to invade Japan. He wanted to be at the head of a victorious army, marching into the capitol of an enemy he had defeated himself. Not forced to largely sit back and watch as it ended not through martial prowess but by 2 bombs.
That is not my quote you did something wrong with the quote.

That is not my quote you did something wrong with the quote.

Yes, Gipper said that. I deleted the wrong lines.

One thing I hate is the 20 quote long threads this forum software allows. It is absolutely insane, and I try to eliminate that whenever I quote somebody. And sometimes I make a mistake when I do so.

A huge difference from those that will never admit they ever do anything wrong. Hence, why they keep posting the same silly things over and over again. Like somehow if they keep reposting their mistakes, it will somehow make them true.

I wasn't aware of this one.

And the thing is, if there had been no occupation this would have grown over the decades. This was a common feeling among the Ultra-Nationalists, that the County had been betrayed, and was denied their proper place.

The same kind of sentiment that allowed Hitler to eventually rise to power.

And that is not even the last such incident. In 1970, Yukio Mishima (an ultra-Nationalist actor and Nobel nominated poet) staged a similar coup. Intending to overthrow the post-war changes and "return power to the Emperor", he took over a major command building of the Japanese Self Defense Forces. He held the Commandant hostage, and then went onto a balcony and gave a speech intending on causing the soldiers gathered below to join his cause.

However, his speech had the opposite effect, and he was reviled and heckled by the crowd. When the soldiers failed to join him, he went back into the office and killed himself ritually.

yukiomishima2-700x420.jpeg

Largely pushed aside and forgotten today, his poetry and speeches for years prior to this were full of images of powerful Samurai, killing everything in their path, and the "brutal Japanese people" (his own words) resuming their proper place. Not as arrangers of flowers and salesmen but as warriors.

Wanting to surrender does not matter a damned bit if you do not tell anybody about it. And if there is one thing the US learned during the war, it is to never trust a Japanese offer of surrender until they have laid down their guns and gotten to their knees. They learned the hard way that the Japanese never surrendered, and most times that such an offer was made it was a trap. Surrendering Japanese soldiers pulling out grenades is not just a cheesy bit from movies, that actually happened.

By the end of the war, a Japanese soldier had to cross over into the US lines completely naked. They were that well known for trying to give a false surrender as a way to conduct a final attack. That is how fanatical they were.

G

get back to me when you can cite millions of Japanese murdered. As for prisoners almost all Japanese Soldiers tried to trick the people they claimed they were surrendering to pulling out pistols and grenades.

get back to me when you can cite millions of Japanese murdered. As for prisoners almost all Japanese Soldiers tried to trick the people they claimed they were surrendering to pulling out pistols and grenades.

He's mentally ill. In other news, many Germans who surrendered were surprised they weren't fed steaks by their captors at the holding camps.

And exactly where did they make this fact known to the world?

I have asked this many times, and like so many people you simply refuse to answer it or to provide any proof to back up this silly claim. If you are so right, then surely it would be really simple to find a single document or statement or speech by anybody in power in Japan stating such.

Yet, you provide nothing but insults.

And as for the statement about a "large segment of the Japanese cabinet was ready in the spring of 1945 to accept substantially the same terms as those finally agreed on" is not valid. That is an opinion. And ultimately an opinion that is ultimately wrong.

You see, the only thing that matters is what the Privy Council wanted. Those 8+1 men had the ultimate power in the nation, it is only what they wanted that mattered. And the day before the first bomb fell, they actually held a vote if the war should continue, and they voted 8-0 to continue the war.

Fast forward several days, after both bombs fell and the Soviets invaded. Then and only then did this vote change, to 4-4. And the 4 diehards as part of their arguments insisted that Japan fight on to the death. Not a single one of them would change their vote, until the meeting was so deadlocked that the Prime Minister finally passed the decision to Emperor Showa.

And we know all about the meetings of the Privy Council. This is the body that outright refused to negotiate, that dismissed Potsdam without even an attempt to discuss terms. They did exactly as they said they would do, treat it with contempt by refusing to discuss it.

Stimson was acting as a great many do, bloviate years later, trying to make themselves sound more important than they are by injecting their own opinions as if they mean something. Well guess what, opinions are not facts. They are only that, opinions.

I may have an opinion that Chocolate is the best food ever, and pay for surveys that find people that agree with me. But in the end that is really only an opinion. The problem you and Poopy have is that you can not tell the difference between an opinion and a fact, and consider them to be the same thing.

Which is why I keep saying the same thing over and over again. When did Japan make it known they were willing to accept the terms of Potsdam? In short, they never did. Even the month before the bombs fell they were still trying to peddle their Armistice proposal to anybody that would listen to them, and nobody would. Why even try that, when all they had to do was get on the radio and make the Jewel Voice Broadcast.

Trust me, if that had happened the fighting would have ended. But they did not do that. In fact, even that broadcast was not made until 15 August, after one major coup attempt to stop it, and even the Prime Minister urged the Emperor to make it as soon as possible else the entire Army rise up in revolt.

Doesn’t matter.

Why do you support the wanton cold blooded murdering of defenseless civilians? Are you a psychopath?

Forum List

Back