The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

G

Wanting to surrender does not matter a damned bit if you do not tell anybody about it. And if there is one thing the US learned during the war, it is to never trust a Japanese offer of surrender until they have laid down their guns and gotten to their knees. They learned the hard way that the Japanese never surrendered, and most times that such an offer was made it was a trap. Surrendering Japanese soldiers pulling out grenades is not just a cheesy bit from movies, that actually happened.

By the end of the war, a Japanese soldier had to cross over into the US lines completely naked. They were that well known for trying to give a false surrender as a way to conduct a final attack. That is how fanatical they were.

get back to me when you can cite millions of Japanese murdered. As for prisoners almost all Japanese Soldiers tried to trick the people they claimed they were surrendering to pulling out pistols and grenades.
So your logic is since the Imperial Japanese government ruthlessly murdered, the US government should too.

You get dumber with every post.

G

Wanting to surrender does not matter a damned bit if you do not tell anybody about it. And if there is one thing the US learned during the war, it is to never trust a Japanese offer of surrender until they have laid down their guns and gotten to their knees. They learned the hard way that the Japanese never surrendered, and most times that such an offer was made it was a trap. Surrendering Japanese soldiers pulling out grenades is not just a cheesy bit from movies, that actually happened.

By the end of the war, a Japanese soldier had to cross over into the US lines completely naked. They were that well known for trying to give a false surrender as a way to conduct a final attack. That is how fanatical they were.

get back to me when you can cite millions of Japanese murdered. As for prisoners almost all Japanese Soldiers tried to trick the people they claimed they were surrendering to pulling out pistols and grenades.
So your logic is since the Imperial Japanese government ruthlessly murdered, the US government should too.

You can LIE all you want the FACT is that even after 2 atomic bombs and the attack by the Soviet Union the GOVERNMENT of Japan did not willingly surrender, it took an intervention by the Emperor and then a coup was staged to stop that, Your ignorant claims that Japan was going to surrender are JUST that IGNORANT and NOT supported by a single shred of evidence.

G

You can LIE all you want the FACT is that even after 2 atomic bombs and the attack by the Soviet Union the GOVERNMENT of Japan did not willingly surrender, it took an intervention by the Emperor and then a coup was staged to stop that, Your ignorant claims that Japan was going to surrender are JUST that IGNORANT and NOT supported by a single shred of evidence.
You can ignore the truth all you want, but I’m not joining you. I’m not a pussy like you. I can accept the truth.

"The record is quite clear: From the perspective of an overwhelming number of key contemporary leaders in the US military, the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not a matter of military necessity.
The ignorance of Sensei Snowflake never ceases to amaze everyone on this board.
  1. It doesn’t matter what Japan was discussing. They were still fully engaged in war against the U.S.
  2. Dropping the nuclear bombs has prevented wars and saved millions of lives. It was a deterrent that made the enemies of the United States realize it was a grave mistake to attack the U.S.
You’re not capable of the intelligence required for the discussion on this board.

“It was a mistake.... [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it.” —Adm. William “Bull” Halsey

"The record is quite clear: From the perspective of an overwhelming number of key contemporary leaders in the US military, the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not a matter of military necessity. American intelligence had broken the Japanese codes, knew the Japanese government was trying to negotiate surrender through Moscow, and had long advised that the expected early August Russian declaration of war, along with assurances that Japan’s Emperor would be allowed to stay as a powerless figurehead, would bring surrender long before the first step in a November US invasion, three months later, could begin. "

“It was a mistake.... [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it.” —Adm. William “Bull” Halsey
You are delusional and so are all the supposed historians that claim Japan was about to surrender, the FACT is after 2 atomic bombs and an invasion by the Soviet Union the GOVERNMENT of Japan voted NOT to surrender THAT is the facts.

"Responding to a journalist's question in 1995 about what he would have done had he been in Truman's shoes, Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "

"William Leahy, President Truman’s Chief of Staff, wrote in his 1950 memoir I Was There that “the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.… in being the first to use it, we…adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children.” "

"Responding to a journalist's question in 1995 about what he would have done had he been in Truman's shoes, Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "

Do you know nothing at all about the military? What is the role and expertise of a sergeant? I was a Chief Petty Officer. I certainly had opinions about what top brass should do but, even with all my security clearances above and beyond Top Secret, I didn't know shit of what those decision makers knew. It's not that the decision makers are always right or that I'm always wrong. The point is, no one in the world, in their right mind, would have made strategic military decisions based on my recommendation or what I knew. Same thing fore retired Marine enlisted men.

You are delusional and so are all the supposed historians that claim Japan was about to surrender...
Was William Leahy delusional? Was MacArthur? Eisenhower? Halsey?
You KEEP ignoring the fact the Japanese were not going to surrender. The Bombs forced the Emperor to over rule the Government and even then the military attempted a Coup. It is plain as day and it is a FACT. No matter what anyone says otherwise the FACT is with out the bombs and perhaps the Soviet Invasion the Emperor would not have over ruled his Government.

Do you know nothing at all about the military? What is the role and expertise of a sergeant? I was a Chief Petty Officer. I certainly had opinions about what top brass should do but, even with all my security clearances above and beyond Top Secret, I didn't know shit of what those decision makers knew. It's not that the decision makers are always right or that I'm always wrong. The point is, no one in the world, in their right mind, would have made strategic military decisions based on my recommendation or what I knew. Same thing fore retired Marine enlisted men.
Was MacArthur "top brass"? Was Eisenhower? Halsey? Leahy?

MacArthur penned a 40-page letter to fdr himself outlining the peace overtures that he personally had learned of. This was even before Yalta. The scumbag fdr tossed it aside saying “MacArthur is our greatest general and our poorest politician.” Human life - of American servicemen or civilians anywhere - meant nothing more to him than a political game piece.

MacArthur penned a 40-page letter to fdr himself outlining the peace overtures that he personally had learned of. This was even before Yalta. The scumbag fdr tossed it aside saying “MacArthur is our greatest general and our poorest politician.” Human life - of American servicemen or civilians anywhere - meant nothing more to him than a political game piece.

And yet you can no link to this 40 page letter at all.

"The record is quite clear: From the perspective of an overwhelming number of key contemporary leaders in the US military, the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not a matter of military necessity.

The ignorance of Sensei Snowflake never ceases to amaze everyone on this board.

1. It doesn’t matter what Japan was discussing. They were still fully engaged in war against the U.S.

On what planet? By June 1945, the Japanese were entirely on the defensive, were nearing starvation levels of food, were essentially defenseless against air raids, and had no meaningful presence at sea.

What makes Truman's decision all the more revolting is that he KNEW that even the emperor was ready to end the war as long as we would grant him the sole condition that he would not be deposed.

2. Dropping the nuclear bombs has prevented wars and saved millions of lives. It was a deterrent that made the enemies of the United States realize it was a grave mistake to attack the U.S.

That is downright macabre. Using that logic, Mao could have said, "Hey, killing 30 million Chinese has saved many more millions of lives by discouraging other Chinese from acting on any idea to revolt against my tyranny."

We could have demonstrated our nuclear bombs to the world without dropping them on defenseless civilian targets in a country whose civilian leaders were trying to end the war on reasonable terms.

Forum List

Back