The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Lol

Ike didn’t take command of US air forces until Spring 1944. BOOM. There goes your argument. Just so you know, the war was over only one year later. LOL.

Of course you missed my point, due to your mental midgitry.

The Dumbfuck Grunt claimed Ike directed aerial bombing, hence Ike had no right to criticize mass murdering civilians as the war criminal Truman did. PROBLEM IS HE DIDN’T DIRECT AIR FORCES.

LMFAO. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Please try harder

Most LIARS put a few posts, or a page or two, or even a thread or two between their contradictory lies. You did it in two consecutive posts - one where Ike did direct the air forces and and then in the very next post, in caps to highlight your lies, you said he didn't direct air forces... You're not a very good liar at all.

And Hitler didn't direct the gas chambers... Ike and Hitler are off the hook.

Yeah
Lol

Ike didn’t take command of US air forces until Spring 1944. BOOM. There goes your argument. Just so you know, the war was over only one year later. LOL.

The point was that Eisenhower KNEW about the bombings. He didn't stop them when he did take over. He didn't write opinion pieces against bombing.

Can you say, ATOMIC BOOM?
Bomba_atomica.gif
Yeah...supreme commanders write opinion pieces during a war. LMFAO.

You apologists for mass murder are too much.

Yeah
Lol

The point was that Eisenhower KNEW about the bombings. He didn't stop them when he did take over. He didn't write opinion pieces against bombing.

Bomba_atomica.gif

Supreme Commanders are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for everything their commanders do. So for a YEAR Ike did nothing about mass murder of German citizens by US Bombing and then years later whines about a couple atom bombs that killed less people and ended a war.

Yeah
Lol

Bomba_atomica.gif

Supreme Commanders are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for everything their commanders do. So for a YEAR Ike did nothing about mass murder of German citizens by US Bombing and then years later whines about a couple atom bombs that killed less people and ended a war.
Bull shit. Dropping two a-bombs on a defenseless nation is a war crime. Ike knew it. He was supreme commander, yet you shit on him. Traitor!

Do you shit on all the other military and political leaders who knew Truman’s act was wrong?

Yeah
Lol

Bomba_atomica.gif

Bull shit. Dropping two a-bombs on a defenseless nation is a war crime. Ike knew it. He was supreme commander, yet you shit on him. Traitor!

Do you shit on all the other military and political leaders who knew Truman’s act was wrong?
LOL but dropping tons of bombs on helpless Germans was just fine right? Firebombing a city was just fine right? As for helpless the Japanese REFUSED to surrender and we knew they planned to use civilians in human wave attacks against any landings, making them combatants. As for the cities? Both has manufacturing and naval production making them valid targets under the conditions fought in World War 2. Be so kind as to find any statement by Ike before he ran for office condemning the bombings something around 45 or 46 will do.

Yeah
Lol

Bomba_atomica.gif

LOL but dropping tons of bombs on helpless Germans was just fine right? Firebombing a city was just fine right? As for helpless the Japanese REFUSED to surrender and we knew they planned to use civilians in human wave attacks against any landings, making them combatants. As for the cities? Both has manufacturing and naval production making them valid targets under the conditions fought in World War 2. Be so kind as to find any statement by Ike before he ran for office condemning the bombings something around 45 or 46 will do.
You think you can criticize one of America’s greatest generals. You traitor!

I know you don’t know of the many other leaders who criticize your beloved Dirty Harry.

Yeah
Lol

Bomba_atomica.gif

You think you can criticize one of America’s greatest generals. You traitor!

I know you don’t know of the many other leaders who criticize your beloved Dirty Harry.
LOL So you think a person is above criticism? Ike was a great General but he was mostly a politician. That's what Generals become if they succeed. And it was politically advantageous in the mid 50's and 60's to be AGAINST nukes. I repeat find him saying the same in the 40's.

A few facts....16 million served in WW 2. Over 400 thousand Americans killed. Still tens of thousands unaccounted for with their families having no closure. How many casualties I do not know. Two theatres of war that were vastly different. Two tenacious enemies. With one theatre being Euro centric and nations interconnected. The other theatre separated by islands/island landmasses. A weapon perfected before an enemy could. And now its in the pages of history. Those two same nations are friends today. Rich and prosperous. But kept under a watchful eye as they have the potential for greatness.

I agree
There was no need to attack a second city so soon. Japan should have been told we have dozens of more bombs and were prepared to use them.

While Hiroshima could be justified (did we need to demonstrate on such a populated target?). Nagasaki was not necessary
Other than the coup attempt to to keep the war going to the last man.
But I prefer LeMays low level bombing with incendiary bombs to burn hundreds of thousands alive.

I agree
There was no need to attack a second city so soon. Japan should have been told we have dozens of more bombs and were prepared to use them.

While Hiroshima could be justified (did we need to demonstrate on such a populated target?). Nagasaki was not necessary
But I prefer LeMays low level bombing with incendiary bombs to burn hundreds of thousands alive.
LOL ya one bomb and they still refused in fact the theory was that we didn't have many at all. The emperor only intervened when after the second one we threatened to drop one one a week till they surrendered. And even then the Army staged a Coup to stop that surrender.

Here's the thing. At the time, it was just another weapon in a war that saw all sorts of weapons used by all sides... Horror on a level most of us couldn't understand today.

Later on, when Nukes became an existential threat to the species, people asked why we used them, but at the time, there was no question. We were at war, they started it.

It's a wonderful case of applying modern values to people in the past who would have looked at you funny.
Sorry for so late into this thread.

I get it. It was a bad situation, and, in hindsight, Nagasaki could have been avoided or at least delayed, but you are right. Even more so than an example of applying modern values to the past, this is an example of applying modern knowledge to the past.

And you are also right, at the time, this weapon was not so much more worse than a lot of shit that was going on. Yeah, our hands were dirty. The fire bombing of Tokyo was nothing to be proud of. But the Japanese were guilty of so much, not just Pearl Harbor. Their general actions around China were just disgusting. Unit 731. Comfort women. List goes on and on.

Jesus, are you and Gipper confused?

Ike wasn't in charge of the pacific theater... He was briefed on the bombs after VE Day, he claims that he was totally against using them (but again, we only have his word for that after his presidency ended, not before, and he as president, he built a lot of nukes.)

Ike wasn't in charge of the pacific theater... He was briefed on the bombs after VE Day, he claims that he was totally against using them (but again, we only have his word for that after his presidency ended, not before, and he as president, he built a lot of nukes.)
Read the thread dumb ass I am talking about bombing Germany gipper claims Eisenhower is clean as snow and I pointed out HE practiced bombing cities too. I also pointed out he never said a word about being opposed to the atom bombs till it was politically expedient to do so.

I agree

Wow. :) You're much more cruel than I'd have guessed. You prefer the long, slow, burning of incendiary bombs and the sleepless nights of terror waiting for them to hit rather than the instant evaporation of the atomic bomb. And they say I'm hard..

Nah.. read the thread more carefully.

Gipper said that Eisenhower didn't bomb cities because he delegated the control of the air war in Europe. I was applying Gipper's logic; if delegating makes you unaccountable for what happens then Hitler is not accountable for killing 6 million Jews. It was a facetious remark because I support Eisenhower's bombing of Germany and I support Truman's decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki.. But, right or wrong, they both must live with and own the choices they made...

So, my logic, opposite of Gipper's unlogic, means that Hitler actually was accountable for the actions of those to whom he delegated the Final Solution.

I agree

Wow. :) You're much more cruel than I'd have guessed. You prefer the long, slow, burning of incendiary bombs and the sleepless nights of terror waiting for them to hit rather than the instant evaporation of the atomic bomb. And they say I'm hard..
Simply putting Leftard logic in perspective.
And I forgot to mention what the Japs were doing to civilians and our POW’s. That should have dragged on for another few years. The pleasure girls were enjoying their new lives.

Read the thread dumb ass I am talking about bombing Germany gipper claims Eisenhower is clean as snow and I pointed out HE practiced bombing cities too. I also pointed out he never said a word about being opposed to the atom bombs till it was politically expedient to do so.

I wasn't responding to you, RetardedGySgt.

I do actually think that Ike was a great man. But I think like all of us, he remembered his life in a self-serving way. Of course, in 1963, he remembered he had reservations about nukes... because the whole world was in pant-shitting terror of them.

Gipper said that Eisenhower didn't bomb cities because he delegated the control of the air war in Europe. I was applying Gipper's logic; if delegating makes you unaccountable for what happens then Hitler is not accountable for killing 6 million Jews. It was a facetious remark because I support Eisenhower's bombing of Germany and I support Truman's decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki.. But, right or wrong, they both must live with and own the choices they made...

Um, no, that's still retarded. Conventional bombing was largely targeted at valid military and industrial targets. Yes, you had an exception like Dresden, but those were exactly that, exceptions.

Hiroshima, they spared it from bombing to have a more effective test of the atom bomb. That was kind of cold.

Um, no, that's still retarded. Conventional bombing was largely targeted at valid military and industrial targets. Yes, you had an exception like Dresden, but those were exactly that, exceptions.

Hiroshima, they spared it from bombing to have a more effective test of the atom bomb. That was kind of cold.

You silly apologists for history’s greatest war crime, have zero credibility.

Leaders who opposed Truman’s war crime:
- MacArthur
- Admiral Bull Halsey
- William Leahy, Chief of Staff
- General Hap Arnold
- Admiral Chester Nimitz
- General Curtis LeMay

Are all of them frauds like Eisenhower? You disgusting imperialist warmongers have to be the dumbest of all Americans.

If you had any intelligence, you would know why Truman did it and it wasn’t to end the war. The war was already over.

Last edited:
You silly apologists for history’s greatest war crime, have zero credibility.

Leaders who opposed Truman’s war crime:
- MacArthur
- Admiral Bull Halsey
- William Leahy, Chief of Staff
- General Hap Arnold
- Admiral Chester Nimitz
- General Curtis LeMay

Yeah, none of those guys were going to get slaughtered on a beach on Kyushu

of course, everyone felt REALLY BAD about the nukes 20 years later.

At the time, it was just another weapon.

Are all of them frauds like Eisenhower? You disgusting imperialist warmongers have to be the dumbest of all Americans.

I think they were a bunch of guys who realized that nuclear bombs made them kind of irrelevant. No more place for heroes and generals... just victims.

If you had any intelligence, you would know why Truman did it and it wasn’t to end the war. The war was already over.

Except Japan hadn't surrendered and their military was committing atrocities all over Asia. They must have missed the memo.

Forum List

Back