The Northwest Snowpack Trend of the Past Fifty Years: The Truth May Surprise You

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Media lies and errors dept.

No Climate Emergency here :cool:

The Northwest Snowpack Trend of the Past Fifty Years: The Truth May Surprise You​

March 21, 2021

Excerpt:

The media is full of stories suggesting that global warming has greatly reduced the mountain snowpack in the Pacific Northwest.

Activist "climate justice" groups like 350Seattle have taken the snowpack loss claims even further, suggesting the current snowpack is "half what it should be":

1647218978122.png

But the truth, backed by observations, contradicts such apocalyptic descriptions, as I will show you in the blog.

LINK

Media lies and errors dept.

No Climate Emergency here :cool:

The Northwest Snowpack Trend of the Past Fifty Years: The Truth May Surprise You​

March 21, 2021

Excerpt:

The media is full of stories suggesting that global warming has greatly reduced the mountain snowpack in the Pacific Northwest.

Activist "climate justice" groups like 350Seattle have taken the snowpack loss claims even further, suggesting the current snowpack is "half what it should be":

View attachment 615271

But the truth, backed by observations, contradicts such apocalyptic descriptions, as I will show you in the blog.

LINK

lol

More AGW k00k loSiNg

Sunsettommy
His position is very close to mine, not Yours
He is a strong advocate of AGW.

"...According to Mass, "Global warming is an extraordinarily Serious issue, and scientists have a key role to play in communicating what is known and what is not about this critical issue."[9]​
Mass has stated publicly that He Shares the Scientific Consensus that global warming is real and that Human activity is a major cause of warming trend in the late 20th and 21st centuries.[10][11] He has been critical of the Paris Climate accord for Not going far Enough to address the negative impacts of climate change.[12]​
However, Mass is frequently critical of and has expressed concern that when media and environmental organizations make exaggerated claims about the current impacts of climate change, or cite climate change as the cause of specific weather events. He is concerned about misinforming the public about a key societal issue, distracting public and governmental attention from more immediate environmental concerns, and stifling opportunities for effective bipartisan policy-making to slow climate change and mitigate its effects.[13][14][15][16]...​

Last edited:
His position is very close to mine not Yours
He is a stron advocate of AGW.
\

"...According to Mass, "Global warming is an extraordinarily serious issue, and scientists have a key role to play in communicating what is known and what is not about this critical issue."[/9]​
Mass has stated publicly that he shares the scientific consensus that global warming is real and that human activity is a major cause of warming trend in the late 20th and 21st centuries.[10][11] He has been critical of the Paris Climate accord for not going far enough to address the negative impacts of climate change.[12]​
However, However, Mass is frequently critical of and has expressed concern that when media and environmental organizations make exaggerated claims about the current impacts of climate change, or cite climate change as the cause of specific weather events. He is concerned about misinforming the public about a key societal issue, distracting public and governmental attention from more immediate environmental concerns, and stifling opportunities for effective bipartisan policy-making to slow climate change and mitigate its effects.[13][14][15][16]...​

yes, I notice the blogger explains, quite clearly, how this has happened in spite of clear, anthropogenic global warming. The OP didn't quote that part.

yes, I notice the blogger explains, quite clearly, how this has happened in spite of clear, anthropogenic global warming. The OP didn't quote that part.

Again, you don't quote or post links, what YOU left out is the blog author is responding to the MEDIA bullcrap claims hell it is right there in my post you wild eyed climate gook!

I notice the blogger also goes on to state --quite clearly and definitively -- that, if we continue to pump greenhouse gases into our atmosphere, the eastern Pacific WILL eventually warm and the result will be a dwindling northwestern snowpack. A snowpack that millions rely upon for agriculture, drinking water, etc.

I doubt the OP had planned to post such a warning that relies on the truth of the robust AGW theory.

Let this be a lesson, children: Read your own links before posting them.

I notice the blogger also goes on to state, quite clearly and definitively, that, if we continue to pump greenhouse gases into our atmosphere, the eastern Pacific WILL eventually warm and the result will be a dwindling northwestern snowpack.

I doubt the OP had planned to post such a warning that relies on the truth of AGW theory.

Let this be a lesson, children: Read your own links before posting them.

You are spinning your wheels gook!

Again, you don't quote or post links, what YOU left out is the blog author is responding to the MEDIA bullcrap claims hell it is right there in my post you wild eyed climate gook!

It should come as no surprise that the blogger agrees with and assumes the truth of the most robust scientific theory in history: AGW

It should also come as no surprise that he undermines the running denier talking points of the goofy deniers like the OP.

After all, Cliff Mass is a PhD and a working research scientist, while the OP is an uneducated slob with no experience or education in any related field.

You guys really should see this coming a mile away.

It should come as no surprise that the blogger agrees with and assumes the truth of the most robust scientific theory in history: AGW

It should also come as no surprise that he undermines the running denier talking points of the goofy deniers like the OP.

After all, Cliff Mass is a PhD and a working research scientist, while the OP is an uneducated slob with no experience or education in any related field.

You guys really should see this coming a mile away.

I have long known he is a warmist and supports the basic AGW conjecture, but he is moderating his position over time as the science on this is changing showing less and less CO2 warm forcing in it.

My Brother have met and talked to him for a while introduced me to his blog a few years ago he lives in MY state and have seen him in the media for a while where he is getting a lot of attacks from climate gooks like YOU.

The "OP" is from Dr. Mass article I posted here does that mean he is the "uneducated slob" you are hollering about?

I have long known he is a warmist and supports the basic AGW conjecture, but he is moderating his position over time as the science on this is changing show
Nah, that's a shameless lie. He is in full agreement with IPCC. He cites them. Sorry. You aren't going to put words in just the right order and then suddenly find your intellectually deviant denier cult on the same side as the scientists.

Last year I made a post from Dr. Mass blog about the Heatwave.

Was Global Warming The Cause of the Great Northwest Heatwave? Science Says No.​

Back to July 6 2021,

FFIdiot (Fort Fun Indiana) thought Dr. Mass is a joke:

LINK

Tax Man said:
The report is a joke!
Well, we are talking Cliff Mass, here.

===

Post 9, where he calls him a rightwing nutjob:

"Oh look, someone listened to a rightwing nutjob podcast and thinks he is an expert, now.

In which forest? which federal land, professor? Why would that mean mire frequent and intense fires now, if that's always the case? So many questions..."

Then his all out attack on Dr. Mass at POST 11

"Nobody would challenge it. Anyone who claims with certainty that global warming caused the heat wave is silly and wrong. But this is what the weasel Cliff Mass does. He writes deceptive pieces full of strawmen and non sequiturs, doing his best to hand down denier talking points that deniers don't really understand. That's fine. One only has to look at his complete lack of any published climate research or climate science contribution to any respected scientific society to know to get their info elsewhere. But I think he is absolutely PERFECT for you.

=====

Then FF Idiot continues his galaxy wide stupidity in POST 15

"And Cliff Mass remains unpublished and unrespected in the field of climate science. I doubt your insufferable whining will change that."

To which I came back to destroy your credibility to YOUR numerous errors you posted about Dr. Mass:

POST 45

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are so freaking ignorant of Dr. Clifford Mass academic career:

Wikipedia:

His book The Weather of the Pacific Northwest is one of the best-selling titles from the University of Washington Press.[2] He maintains a popular weather blog and gives frequent public lectures on topics ranging from Washington State weather history to the impact of climate change on global and regional weather patterns.

Academic career​

Before joining the faculty of the University of Washington, Mass was a professor of meteorology at the University of Maryland from 1978 to 1981.[3] He leads the University of Washington Mesoscale Analysis and Forecasting Group and is the chief scientist of the Northwest Modeling Consortium. He has published over 120 articles in peer-reviewed scientific venues, and served on the board of over a dozen regional and national meteorological committees, conferences, and scientific journals.

red bolding mine
===

You have been smashed here because you CHOSE to be bigoted and ignorant.

This is why you SUCK so badly on this topic.

Post one continues to be unchallenged"

You are stupid as shit!

=====

Then myself and Dave corrected Crapitus who is another brain dead climate COOK!

"Your ignorance and stupidity runs wild as you are full of errors on him.

1) Dr. Mass is a DEMOCRAT One of my brothers knew and met him as they live in the same city for years and they are fervent Democrats.

2) He is a strong supporter of the AGW conjecture

3) He doesn't deny climate or global warming

Daveman at POST 17 destroyed the LIES made against Dr. Mass from Wikipedia,

"Outreach and scientific advocacy​

Mass maintains a popular weblog in which he posts regular articles on meteorology, Pacific Northwest weather history, and the impacts of climate change[8] written for the general public. According to Mass, "Global warming is an extraordinarily serious issue, and scientists have a key role to play in communicating what is known and what is not about this critical issue.[9]"

Mass has stated publicly that he shares the scientific consensus that global warming is real and that human activity is a major cause of warming trend in the late 20th and 21st centuries.[10][11] He has been critical of the Paris Climate accord for not going far enough to address the negative impacts of climate change."

LINK

bolding mine

=======

You should stop and go back to your sand box

I have long known he is a warmist and supports the basic AGW conjecture, but he is moderating his position over time as the science on this is changing showing less and less CO2 warm forcing in it.

My Brother have met and talked to him for a while introduced me to his blog a few years ago he lives in MY state and have seen him in the media for a while where he is getting a lot of attacks from climate gooks like YOU.

The "OP" is from Dr. Mass article I posted here does that mean he is the "uneducated slob" you are hollering about?
He's about dead on, on my position.
I shrink at all weather people and a few posters here who attribute everything to GW.
You lose credibility when you overreach: say hot and cold is GW... even if it is to some degree.

`

Nah, that's a shameless lie. He is in full agreement with IPCC. He cites them. Sorry. You aren't going to put words in just the right order and then suddenly find your intellectually deviant denier cult on the same side as the scientists.

I see that as usual you make statements out of your ass without quote or heavens forbid LINKS!

You have been exposed about how you really think of Dr. Mass saying he isn't published called him a right wing denier and other totally wrong statements about him.

LINK for the below posts

Post 9: Oh look, someone listened to a rightwing nutjob podcast and thinks he is an expert, now.

POST 11: Nobody would challenge it. Anyone who claims with certainty that global warming caused the heat wave is silly and wrong. But this is what the weasel Cliff Mass does. He writes deceptive pieces full of strawmen and non sequiturs, doing his best to hand down denier talking points that deniers don't really understand. That's fine. One only has to look at his complete lack of any published climate research or climate science contribution to any respected scientific society to know to get their info elsewhere. But I think he is absolutely PERFECT for you.

POST 15: And Cliff Mass remains unpublished and unrespected in the field of climate science. I doubt your insufferable whining will change that.

=====

You have been smashed kindly go away and take your lies and errors with you rancid dog eared drooling climate fuckwit!

You have been exposed about how you really think of Dr. Mass saying he isn't published called him a right wing denier and other totally wrong statements about him.
As anyone can see for themselves by going back, I said exactly the opposite in this thread.

Do you even remember how NOT to lie?

As anyone can see for themselves by going back, I said exactly the opposite in this thread.

Do you even remember how NOT to lie?

What lie was that Hypocrite?

Meanwhile your statements about Dr. Mass last year were STUPID as Hell!

=====

This is what I stated LAST YEAR July 2021 in reply to Crapitus, POST 26

"Of course you would say that since you can't make a case against it, by the way Dr. Mass is actually believer in the AGW conjecture, but your fear of reading his material prevents you form knowing it.

It is an article you apparently can't handle, it is beyond your ability to answer.

Article remains unchallenged."

===

:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

You have been destroyed your credibility is in the shits level.

What lie was that Hypocrite?

Meanwhile your statements about Dr. Mass last year were STUPID as Hell!

=====

This is what I stated LAST YEAR July 2021 in reply to Crapitus, POST 26

"Of course you would say that since you can't make a case against it, by the way Dr. Mass is actually believer in the AGW conjecture, but your fear of reading his material prevents you form knowing it.

It is an article you apparently can't handle, it is beyond your ability to answer.

Article remains unchallenged."

===

:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

You have been destroyed your credibility is in the shits level.
You poor little guy. You are confusing posters, now.

Because you are rabid.

You poor little guy. You are confusing posters, now.

Because you are rabid.

Your continued stupidity is hilarious please keep it going.

You are a TWO FACED moron talking out on both sides of your gook mouth about Dr. Mass.

You are not fooling anyone here.

Forum List

Back