Major Media FAIL on Reporting the Pacific Northwest Heatwave

I still can't get any rational explanation of how a wisp of atmospheric CO2 can "heat" the deep oceans. It defies common sense and physics, yet it's the central tenant of man madeup Global Warming

Here is a site.

After you read, please feel free to come back and tell your thoughts on the article.
After your request for "any rational explanation" i did a search and found this.

I read for 15 minutes, and will do more research to seek out similar information and opposing information.
I'm interested in learning, I don't just want to take one persons opinion and call it fact.

I'm still reading and re-reading but I thought you might like an early start on the read, so yes, I posted it before I finished reading, and I haven't formed my conclusion from this particular article.

So, give it an honest read, then come back and give your input.

Whe

Here is a site.

After you read, please feel free to come back and tell your thoughts on the article.
After your request for "any rational explanation" i did a search and found this.

I read for 15 minutes, and will do more research to seek out similar information and opposing information.
I'm interested in learning, I don't just want to take one persons opinion and call it fact.

I'm still reading and re-reading but I thought you might like an early start on the read, so yes, I posted it before I finished reading, and I haven't formed my conclusion from this particular article.

When the first sentence of the article is a flat out lie...

"The ocean absorbs most of the excess heat from greenhouse gas emissions, leading to rising ocean temperatures."

I stopped reading..

Please show me HOW GHS's are heating the oceans. the laws of thermal dynamics say it can not happen at wavelengths greater than 1.8um and every GHG on earth emits at >12um. This means the energy output is incapable of warming the oceans.

You have one hell of a lot of learning to do in thermal dynamics.
Of course I do.
Did I give my opinion, one way or the other, on ocean warming or cooling?
I didn't.
So you are correct that I "have one hell of a lot of learning to do in thermal dynamics." and I want to learn.

So please link/post the information source for :

This is why our oceans are currently cooling. Dr David Hathaway of SHO noted the shift in solar output back in 2010-2012 and it remains today. The ocean recharge of the ENSO is severely affected. La Niña will be dominant now for some time. Cooling oceans means we will cool globally.
I'd like to read it.

Got to love this one WINCO...

"The ocean absorbs vast quantities of heat as a result of increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, mainly from fossil fuel consumption. The Fifth Assessment Report published by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 2013 revealed that the ocean had absorbed more than 93% of the excess heat from greenhouse gas emissions since the 1970s. This is causing ocean temperatures to rise."

I want to know how they established this. The article doesn't go into how this was established and use the IPCC political garbage as a basis... I want to know how they violated the laws of thermal dynamics... This should be interesting...

Please show me HOW GHS's are heating the oceans. the laws of thermal dynamics say it can not happen at wavelengths greater than 1.8um and every GHG on earth emits at >12um. This means the energy output is incapable of warming the oceans.
I can't.
I'm searching for that information.
So please, feel free to link/post the site that says.... laws of thermal dynamics say it can not happen at wavelengths greater than 1.8um and every GHG on earth emits at >12um. This means the energy output is incapable of warming the oceans.

I'm Not doubting anything, I just want to read the science,
So, will you provide the links?

Here is a site.

I'm quite familiar with the Gospel of man Made Up Global Warming. If the oceans "absorb" 93% of the warming generated by the atmosphere than the atmosphere should be much, much, much, much hotter because water is much denser than air and take much, much, much, much more energy to heat it.

Sticking a thermometer 700m down and saying "ZOMG Man Made Up Global Warming!!' is not science

Here is a site.

That site posts an opinion piece, but provides no scientific evidence to support the claim.

I do... I want an answer from them.. DAMN IT!!!!

That site posts an opinion piece, but provides no scientific evidence to support the claim.

It gets worse when you read this:

International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)​

"IUCN is a membership Union composed of both government and civil society organisations. It harnesses the experience, resources and reach of its more than 1,400 Member organisations and the input of more than 18,000 experts. This diversity and vast expertise makes IUCN the global authority on the status of the natural world and the measures needed to safeguard it."

===

Now you know why they wrote it in the style of political propaganda.

I can't.
I'm searching for that information.
So please, feel free to link/post the site that says.... laws of thermal dynamics say it can not happen at wavelengths greater than 1.8um and every GHG on earth emits at >12um. This means the energy output is incapable of warming the oceans.

I'm Not doubting anything, I just want to read the science,
So, will you provide the links?
Its a matter of simple physics. A wave length greater than 1.8um can only impact the surface of the oceans, the skin layer. This is where evaporation occurs and the layer just below the skin is cooler than the skin due to massive energy loss through evaporation. Your going to have to do some major learning about water and salt water dynamics of the oceans. Heating to depth can only occur by wavelengths of 0.2um-0.6um. The smaller the wave the deeper it penetrates. Energy captured by the skin is thrown off in evaporation. As the layer just below the skin is cooler than the skin, this means that the ocean never sees the energy as heat.

You're going to have to find many sources of information to draw from.

Here is a chart showing depth penetration by differing wavelengths.

1647229929747.png

Its rather interesting how simple physics disproves the claim that GHG's can warm the oceans. The energy emitted by GHG's cannot warm the oceans. It is physically not capable of it. And yet the AGW cult can't even figure it out. They do not understand why the hypothesis has failed. CO2 could rise above 7000 ppm and it won't make an iotas difference to the earth's cycles. Small changes in solar output can put us into a glacial cycle in short order... Yes, the suns TOTAL output does not change much, but the arrangement of that energy, within the bands, does change and it matters how it changes.

Looks to me like you have a depth perception problem.. The sun has one too. As the surface of the sun cools, even slightly, the wavelengths of the energy leaving the sun become longer. Small, energetic waves 0.2um-0.6um will heat the oceans to depths of 500-700 meters. When the wave gets slightly longer (bigger) it can no longer penetrate the oceans skin layer. By the time the wave gets to 1.8um it is fully impacted at the skin of the oceans, the first ten microns of the surface. When this energy impacts the skin and does not penetrate it, it causes rapid evaporation and cooling just below the surface. This defeats the energy. This is why any energy reflected or emitted by CO2 can not heat the ocean (12um-16um).

You have one hell of a lot of learning to do in thermal dynamics. This is why our oceans are currently cooling. Dr David Hathaway of SHO noted the shift in solar output back in 2010-2012 and it remains today. The ocean recharge of the ENSO is severely affected. La Niña will be dominant now for some time. Cooling oceans means we will cool globally.

Yeah, the RECHARGE rate is lower now which means the ocean waters will not warm up as much as it did in previous La-Nina's thus weaker and fewer El-Nino's will show up in the future

After that short barrage from climate gooks of Old Rocks and Sinojuavi on page 8 they quickly ran away when I responded to their patented bull.

Post One article remains UNCHALLENGED!

Whe

"The ocean absorbs most of the excess heat from greenhouse gas emissions, leading to rising ocean temperatures."

I stopped reading..

Of course you stopped reading. It did not fit in your little alternative universe with it's alternative facts. LOL

After that short barrage from climate gooks of Old Rocks and Sinojuavi on page 8 they quickly ran away when I responded to their patented bull.

Silly ass.

Oregon's climate has warmed by 2.08° F since 1970​

Just a degree or two degrees hotter doesn’t seem like a lot. You would barely notice the change on a sunny afternoon, or in the warmth of a cup of coffee. But over time, it’s enough to change our environment from top to bottom.
Every state is growing warmer, with higher temperatures fueled by everything from powerful ocean currents and giant coal-fired power plants to commuters, cows, and leaky old buildings.

Washington’s climate is changing. Over the past century, most of the state has warmed one to two degrees (F). Glaciers are retreating, the snowpack is melting earlier in the year, and the flow of meltwater into streams during summer is declining. In the coming decades, coastal waters will become more acidic, streams will be warmer, populations of several fish species will decline, and wildfires may be more common.

British Columbia has warmed an average of 1.4°C per century from 1900 to 2013. This is higher than the global average rate of 0.85°C per century. The northern regions of B.C. have warmed 1.6 to 2.0°C per century, twice the global average.

Silly ass.

Oregon's climate has warmed by 2.08° F since 1970​

Just a degree or two degrees hotter doesn’t seem like a lot. You would barely notice the change on a sunny afternoon, or in the warmth of a cup of coffee. But over time, it’s enough to change our environment from top to bottom.
Every state is growing warmer, with higher temperatures fueled by everything from powerful ocean currents and giant coal-fired power plants to commuters, cows, and leaky old buildings.

Washington’s climate is changing. Over the past century, most of the state has warmed one to two degrees (F). Glaciers are retreating, the snowpack is melting earlier in the year, and the flow of meltwater into streams during summer is declining. In the coming decades, coastal waters will become more acidic, streams will be warmer, populations of several fish species will decline, and wildfires may be more common.

British Columbia has warmed an average of 1.4°C per century from 1900 to 2013. This is higher than the global average rate of 0.85°C per century. The northern regions of B.C. have warmed 1.6 to 2.0°C per century, twice the global average.

Right on cue for Gookhead who in a delirium attack still can't address POST ONE article thus:

Major Media FAIL on Reporting the Pacific Northwest Heatwave​

===

Meanwhile here is what his LINK states:

Oregon by the numbers
- Temperature change 1970–2019: 2.08° F
- Fastest-warming metro areas:
--- Portland: 1.8° F
--- Bend: 2.1° F
--- Medford: 3.4° F

and this,

Fastest-warming states
#1. Nevada (+6.45° F)
#2. Vermont (+3.90° F)
#3. New Mexico (+3.60° F)

Slowest-warming states
#1 (tie). Maryland (+1.37° F)
#1 (tie). Mississippi (+1.37° F)
#1 (tie). South Dakota (+1.37° F)

bolding mine
===

All from Large cities with UHI issues and NO source links for the data which means it isn't credible and no links for the States either....

:muahaha:

When are YOU and your gooky friends ever going to address the CONTENT of post one?

Of course you stopped reading. It did not fit in your little alternative universe with it's alternative facts. LOL

"Please show me HOW GHS's are heating the oceans."

You didn't answer his question.

:oops8:

Right on cue for Gookhead who in a delirium attack still can't address POST ONE article thus:

Major Media FAIL on Reporting the Pacific Northwest Heatwave​

===

Meanwhile here is what his LINK states:

Oregon by the numbers
- Temperature change 1970–2019: 2.08° F
- Fastest-warming metro areas:
--- Portland: 1.8° F
--- Bend: 2.1° F
--- Medford: 3.4° F

and this,

Fastest-warming states
#1. Nevada (+6.45° F)
#2. Vermont (+3.90° F)
#3. New Mexico (+3.60° F)

Slowest-warming states
#1 (tie). Maryland (+1.37° F)
#1 (tie). Mississippi (+1.37° F)
#1 (tie). South Dakota (+1.37° F)

bolding mine
===

All from Large cities with UHI issues and NO source links for the data which means it isn't credible and no links for the States either....

:muahaha:

When are YOU and your gooky friends ever going to address the CONTENT of post one?

Yup, Reno has experienced an explosion in population, and subsequent building bonanza, as the californians flee to this State.

Whe

I stopped reading..

Excuse me ... which law of thermodynamics are you referring to? ... the 2nd Law requires that IF the air is warmer than the water THEN heat will flow from air to water ... that is how GHGs (which heat the air) can heat the oceans as well ...

I give you a glass of water at 5ºC and place it in a 15ºC room ... the 2nd Law demands the water gain temperature to 15ºC ...

[sigh] ...

Microwave ovens work at 12 cm ... that heats up water just fine ... what the hell kind of nonsense are you perpetrating here? ...

I'm quite familiar with the Gospel of man Made Up Global Warming. If the oceans "absorb" 93% of the warming generated by the atmosphere than the atmosphere should be much, much, much, much hotter because water is much denser than air and take much, much, much, much more energy to heat it.

Sticking a thermometer 700m down and saying "ZOMG Man Made Up Global Warming!!' is not science

No truer words have ever been posted here in this subject ... the oceans are going to have to absorb that much energy just to stay in balance with the atmosphere ...

At 1.8 W/m^2 ... this will take a very very long time ... millenia, not centuries ...

Forum List

Back