The new James Bond, will be? Can...Hollywood just stop this patronizing bullshit already?

Idris Elba Responds To James Bond Casting Rumors

r3bizlvzk24zjahmnnvd.jpg

Idris Elba.

---------------

Quoting your earlier post I take it you would prefer a guy with "a big nose and beady eyes."

Black adaptations of white characters do not do well. Black James West was a flop. When a movie cost.$170 million to make and only grosses 220 million world wide it is a flop. Black Wizard of Oz is remembered only for resurrecting Michael Jackson 's failed career. Black Annie is a failure of epic proportions.

Black entertainers need to find some spark of original creativity to make their own iconic figures and stop trying to fit everything into a black mold.

The Wiz (what you refer to as the Black Wizard of Oz) was a long running broadway musical that was nominated for 7 Tony Awards. Hardly a failure. Perhaps in your neck of the woods, it is only remembered for Michael jackson's involvement, but in theatrical circles it was much, much more.

And casting a black man as Bond is hardly trying to fit everything into a black mold. There is not one hint that the Bond series will change, except for the color of the leading man's skin.

Perhaps the reason for all the protests is that Bond movies always have a bevy of beautiful women, and Bond has several of them.

Perhaps those who hate this so much are worried they won't be able to lynch Elba for kissing a white woman? lol

The new James Bond, will be? Can...Hollywood just stop this patronizing bullshit already?

American Conservatives, keep telling the world how you're not racist.

Keep telling yourself that patronizing minorities is not racism. That way you can feel all good about yourself.

How is it patronizing? Is it because you do not think a black man would be capable of acting in a british action movie? Or that a black man could not become a british secret agent?

Keep telling yourself that patronizing minorities is not racism. That way you can feel all good about yourself.

Of course, it never occurred to you that maybe he was chosen because he auditioned well or because he's an exceptional actor. No, that couldn't possibly be it. Brown people never achieve anything on their own. They're too incapable; there is always an agenda.

Of course, it never occurred to you that maybe he was chosen because he auditioned well or because he's an exceptional actor. No, that couldn't possibly be it. Brown people never achieve anything on their own. They're too incapable; there is always an agenda.

Anyone who doubts he would make a good Bond should watch the series Luther. I am certain he will be a better Bond than George Lazenby (although that IS setting the bar rather low).

Of course that is why they would choose him. Just like the reason why this fraud of a president was chosen due to how many accomplishments he had.

I have asked, oh 100 times, for a list of things obama did that garnered such support.

You, here are trying to say the reason Hollywood would consider a black James Bond is because no one else auditioned for the part better?

Lol, holy shit. I never really fully knew how fucking moronic liberals are. In the meantime, keep telling us how patronizing minorities is not racist.

It always makes me laugh about you pathetic liberals. How, you think you are all oh so good.

Of course that is why they would choose him.

Link?

Just like the reason why this fraud of a president was chosen due to how many accomplishments he had.

Irrelevant

You, here are trying to say the reason Hollywood would consider a black James Bond is because no one else auditioned for the part better?

Do you have evidence that says otherwise

Lol, holy shit. I never really fully knew how fucking moronic liberals are.

How is that relevant to the conversation?

In the meantime, keep telling us how patronizing minorities is not racist.

Still waiting for your evidence of this.

It always makes me laugh about you pathetic liberals. How, you think you are all oh so good.

I'm not a liberal.

How is it patronizing? Is it because you do not think a black man would be capable of acting in a british action movie? Or that a black man could not become a british secret agent?

What an excellent idea. Have a black British secret service agent with his own background, his own likes and dislikes that aren't James Bond's. He's not Scottish. He doesn't like martinis shaken not stirred. He's an individual. Now you have a basis for the creation of a fresh iconic figure that just happens to be black.

Or as has been suggested change James Bond into the Dread Pirate Roberts and do away with the entire premise of the books completely. It worked for Dr. Who.

Of course that is why they would choose him. Just like the reason why this fraud of a president was chosen due to how many accomplishments he had.

I have asked, oh 100 times, for a list of things obama did that garnered such support.

Lol, holy shit. I never really fully knew how fucking moronic liberals are. In the meantime, keep telling us how patronizing minorities is not racist.

First of all, you seem unwilling to accept that Hollywood has nothing to do with this. It is a british film company.

Second, I have no problem believing that they auditioned some well known actors and Elba was the best. He has done some very good work throughout his career. Perhaps you should see him act before you dismiss his abilities. He has been nominated for numerous awards and won several. He is not being cast simply because he is black.

And how many times you asked about Obama has no relevance in a debate about a black actor being cast for a leading role by a british film company.

Elba is well spoken, british, a sex symbol for the ladies, and known for his acting ability. Seems like a good fit for the part.

What an excellent idea. Have a black British secret service agent with his own background, his own likes and dislikes that aren't James Bond's. He's not Scottish. He doesn't like martinis shaken not stirred. He's an individual. Now you have a basis for the creation of a fresh iconic figure that just happens to be black.

Or as has been suggested change James Bond into the Dread Pirate Roberts and do away with the entire premise of the books completely. It worked for Dr. Who.

So do all that, or simply cast Elba in the title role of the new Bond and ignore the ignorant racists that don't amount to enough box office to matter?

The Bond name is a draw. It is easier to sell a Bond movie than a new character. And it is getting all this free publicity, thanks to you and your ilk.

The movie with the black James West wasn't exactly a big hit either. Essentially the black James West movie was a comedy spoof of the series. If black actors want to make a spoof of James Bond, more power to them.

Why can't black people be original? They do not have to steal white iconic figures.
I hear there is a proposal to remake Shaft starring Jim Carrey in the lead role,

The movie with the black James West wasn't exactly a big hit either. Essentially the black James West movie was a comedy spoof of the series. If black actors want to make a spoof of James Bond, more power to them.

Why can't black people be original? They do not have to steal white iconic figures.
I hear there is a proposal to remake Shaft starring Jim Carrey in the lead role,

Almost like humor.

Almost like humor.
What do you mean "Almost": :)

Bond ended with Sean Connery who was accepted so much by the creator of the character that he modeled future Bond books after Connery. Anything beyond that is nothing more than parasitism.
Younger people who rely on post-Connery Bond's can wallow in whatever you get.

Almost like humor.
What do you mean "Almost": :)

I mean that actual humor implies that it is funny.

Forum List

Back