Trouble with the bond

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Looks like it's gonna get disallowed, sending trump and company back to the drawing board.

IMHO they should appeal the reduction in the bond as well. trump should have to post the whole half billion dollars.

The New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case...

“Based on the foregoing, the People respectfully request that the Court deny Movants’ motion to justify the surety, declare the Bond to be without effect and order that any replacement bond be posted within seven days, along with such other and further relief the Court deems necessary and appropriate,” lawyers with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s
(D) office wrote in a 26-page filing.
We cannot let the lying and weaseling continue. trump must abide by the courts just like any other person.

IMG_7061.gif.a61a1b80fbf4edb0eff0ee7f41e4a8ba.gif

Trial has started. They could stick an ankle bracelet on him, and house arrest him to Trump Tower apartment, for all I care.

Looks like it's gonna get disallowed, sending trump and company back to the drawing board.

IMHO they should appeal the reduction in the bond as well. trump should have to post the whole half billion dollars.

The New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case...

“Based on the foregoing, the People respectfully request that the Court deny Movants’ motion to justify the surety, declare the Bond to be without effect and order that any replacement bond be posted within seven days, along with such other and further relief the Court deems necessary and appropriate,” lawyers with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s(D) office wrote in a 26-page filing.
We cannot let the lying and weaseling continue. trump must abide by the courts just like any other person.
He can just put up the billion dollars worth of shares he received as a bonus yesterday.

Stick that in your liberal, cock shaped pipe and smoke it. 😂

Last edited:

“Based on the foregoing, the People respectfully request that the Court deny Movants’ motion to justify the surety, declare the Bond to be without effect and order that any replacement bond be posted within seven days, along with such other and further relief the Court deems necessary and appropriate,” lawyers with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s(D) office wrote in a 26-page filing.
Go get em tiger… i so hope Letitia James puts him in jail…I may be wrong, but I think the optics of putting your political adversary in jail, on top of James’ campaign promise to go after trump are not going to play well for the democrats…so, I am all for you all jailing him, I HOPE it happens and I will enjoy the fallout from it

So, go for it 👍

Go get em tiger… i so hope Letitia James puts him in jail…I may be wrong, but I think the optics of putting your political adversary, on top of James’ campaign promise to go after trump are not going to play well for the democrats…so, I am all for you all jailing him, I HOPE it happens and I will enjoy the fallout from it

So, go for it 👍
Jail?

no.

We're talking about seizing his bank accounts and such.

You mean the money that he got from scamming his supporters and can't touch until the hold expires?
Scamming his supporters??? 😂🤣😂

He got the bonus for the stock staying over $17.50 for twenty days.

It was reported that this would happen the day DJT stock started trading.

And not in some probably obscure online market blog...in the Walk Street journal and USA Today.

Here's a news flash for ya.

Liberal talking points aren't reality.

Hope this helps you not commit suicide when Trump wins again.

You're welcome.

April 19 (UPI) -- New York Attorney General Letitia James on Friday asked a judge to void former President Donald Trump's $175 million bond in his civil fraud case as she cast doubt on the ability of the company that posted it to secure an amount that high.

Ahead of a hearing to discuss the issue on Monday, James in court filings questioned whether Trump's surety, California-based Knight Specialty Insurance Co., could secure the $175 million bond.

Comment:
These corrupt Radical Left Democrats don't understand how bad they are looking to mainstream Americans.
People understand that this is an abuse of our legal system.
They understand that it is political harassment.
They understand that it is election interference.
Can we kick New York out of the union?

April 19 (UPI) -- New York Attorney General Letitia James on Friday asked a judge to void former President Donald Trump's $175 million bond in his civil fraud case as she cast doubt on the ability of the company that posted it to secure an amount that high.

Ahead of a hearing to discuss the issue on Monday, James in court filings questioned whether Trump's surety, California-based Knight Specialty Insurance Co., could secure the $175 million bond.

Comment:
These corrupt Radical Left Democrats don't understand how bad they are looking to mainstream Americans.
I am concerned just how many voters do see the correctness of your statement

Comment:
Already threads on this

"...i so hope Letitia James puts him in jail..."
I believe the poster TIM is confusing two separate criminal cases.....one brought by James and the other by Bragg.

The bond is for the business fraud which the court found Trump and his organization committed and for which he was fined something like $400 million....and for which he attempted to secure a bond in order to qualify for making an appeal.
Without the bond, or without paying the full amount into an escrow account the authorities...under Letitia James.... are legally able to attach or 'seize' properties of his or his organization.

There is no "jailing" provision, as far as I know.

In the other case, the Alvin Bragg case, there s talk of jailing Trump if he continues to defy the court's gag order against intimidating witnesses, jurors, staff, and staff's family members.

I seriously doubt that jail is a preferred option.....despite being legal. Rather, I think if Trump continues in his defiant acts the judge will likely levy fines.....in escalating amounts until the behavior ceases.

IMHO

Forum List

Back