The new James Bond, will be? Can...Hollywood just stop this patronizing bullshit already?

Believe me....I like Keanu Reeves....but was offended as a White American Guy when they put him in the 47 Samurai....does that make me anti "American surfer dudes"....?
Wasn't he supposed to be a white guy? Otherwise it doesn't work.

Believe me....I like Keanu Reeves....but was offended as a White American Guy when they put him in the 47 Samurai....does that make me anti "American surfer dudes"....?
Wasn't he supposed to be a white guy? Otherwise it doesn't work.

Yeah....but there were no white guys involved in the historical event of the 47 Samurai.....Japan is a very racist country...

Billc, your argument only works when you believe that being white is an integral part of the character of James Bond.
It is. James Bond is a Scot. That's why there was such an uproar at the time over a blonde brit playing a dark haired Scot. Unless the entire established personality is to be changed from a brooding Scot into a hyper racially sensitive black guy it can't realistically be done. Not only is being white essential to the character but it is essential to the character of the villians too. It changes the Bond villians into just more two bit racists keeping the black man down.

Billc, your argument only works when you believe that being white is an integral part of the character of James Bond.
It is. James Bond is a Scot. That's why there was such an uproar at the time over a blonde brit playing a dark haired Scot. Unless the entire established personality is to be changed from a brooding Scot into a hyper racially sensitive black guy it can't realistically be done. Not only is being white essential to the character but it is essential to the character of the villians too. It changes the Bond villians into just more two bit racists keeping the black man down.

If you think whiteness is an integral part of the character of James Bond, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

But as a life-long James Bond fan, I can say that I certainly don't think so.

When I start to believe that you can't post anything more stupid than your prior post, you still surprise me.

Please post the link where this Black Bond would be "racially sensitive" or the plot would include a sub plot of "keeping the Black man down"?

A black guy can't play James Bond, ever, it's suicide.
Good point. The James Bond franchise is worth billions. Would a british studio really gamble all that just to make American black people satisfied?

Seeing as how Barbara Broccoli brought Idris Elba in for meetings years before the SONY emails became public, I wouldn't count on Eon Productions to be as racist as you're hoping them to be.

sacredheartjesus.jpg

How many people get upset, when people are told world wide, that a guy this pasty white was roaming all around the Middle East and parts of Africa???

oh for the love of God

Who cares? But since there IS a thread on it.

Why? What is the fucking point? Does anyone really believe this choice will be made because he's the best choice? Really? No other actor is better suited to the part?

Hey I know, let's make a remake of Shaft starring some white guy, you know just to make a point.

Anyone know what the black population of Scotland is ? .55% of their population is black. What are the odds of a black man thus becoming 007?

That being said, I'm FAR more upset with the decision to cast that tiny Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. What a fucking joke, Reacher is 6'5" in the books, not 5'6"

That role should have went to a black man, namely Dwayne Johnson

If you think whiteness is an integral part of the character of James Bond, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

But as a life-long James Bond fan, I can say that I certainly don't think so.

Yeah. Black transgender lesbian Bond.

oh for the love of God

Why? What is the fucking point? Does anyone really believe this choice will be made because he's the best choice? Really? No other actor is better suited to the part?

Hey I know, let's make a remake of Shaft starring some white guy, you know just to make a point.

Anyone know what the black population of Scotland is ? .55% of their population is black. What are the odds of a black man thus becoming 007?

That being said, I'm FAR more upset with the decision to cast that tiny Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. What a fucking joke, Reacher is 6'5" in the books, not 5'6"

Tom's 5' 4" actually. His 'lifts' are deceiving.
BOBO has other plans for Dwayne. When BOBO leaves the White house and MO and the girls move permanently to France and BOBO move in his new digs above 'Boystown' Dwayne's going to be BOBO's 'personal trainer'.

oh for the love of God

Tom's 5' 4" actually. His 'lifts' are deceiving.
BOBO has other plans for Dwayne. When BOBO leaves the White house and MO and the girls move permanently to France and BOBO move in his new digs above 'Boystown' Dwayne's going to be BOBO's 'personal trainer'.

Putting The Rock and Obama together can result in laughs.

Probably one of the funniest skits on SNL in the last 10 years

The Rock Obama Angry Obama Saturday Night Live - Yahoo Screen

Forum List

Back