Trouble with the bond

I believe the poster TIM is confusing two separate criminal cases.....one brought by James and the other by Bragg.

The bond is for the business fraud which the court found Trump and his organization committed and for which he was fined something like $400 million....and for which he attempted to secure a bond in order to qualify for making an appeal.
Without the bond, or without paying the full amount into an escrow account the authorities...under Letitia James.... are legally able to attach or 'seize' properties of his or his organization.

There is no "jailing" provision, as far as I know.

In the other case, the Alvin Bragg case, there s talk of jailing Trump if he continues to defy the court's gag order against intimidating witnesses, jurors, staff, and staff's family members.

I seriously doubt that jail is a preferred option.....despite being legal. Rather, I think if Trump continues in his defiant acts the judge will likely levy fines.....in escalating amounts until the behavior ceases.

IMHO
The bond case is from James, it is that to which I’m referring.

In either case jail him, destroy him financially, I’m all for it. You all should be writing letters to Letitia James demanding she do whatever she can do sieze every penny trump has.

DO IT!

😊

tRump is ruining himself.
Roger dodger…I think you all should help speed this along.

Im eagerly awaiting the day when you all put trump in leg irons and take everything he has. The optics of that are going to be massive, I feel.

Fake news.

I can't give President Trump the half a billion dollars liberal judges and prosecutors stole from the man... but I can buy 10 shares of DJT and hold them forever.

That it chaps your ass makes me smile twice as wide. :SMILEW~130:

For the record...you can do the same.

Sure, Joe Biden isn't a business man. Never been a CEO. Never created anything but laws and red tape. But that isn't necessarily a bar to enriching him.

Just invest in a Ukrainian company like Burisma. The money will get to Joe eventually. 🤣
Have a wonderful day! :fu:

Last edited:
Roger dodger…I think you all should help speed this along.

Im eagerly awaiting the day when you all put trump in leg irons and take everything he has. The optics of that are going to be massive, I feel.
"speed it along"?

He is on trial. He is the one committing crimes and violating judges orders. He doesn't need out help.

Fake news.

I can't give President Trump the half a billion dollars liberal judges and prosecutors stole from the man... but I can buy 10 shares of DJT and hold them forever.

That it chaps your ass makes me smile twice as wide. :SMILEW~130:

For the record...you can do the same.

Sure, Joe Biden isn't a business man. Never been a CEO. Never created anything but laws and red tape. But that isn't necessarily a bar to enriching him.

Just invest in a Ukrainian company like Burisma. The money will get to Joe eventually. 🤣
Have a wonderful day! :fu:
How much did you lose?

Looks like it's gonna get disallowed, sending trump and company back to the drawing board.

IMHO they should appeal the reduction in the bond as well. trump should have to post the whole half billion dollars.

The New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case...

“Based on the foregoing, the People respectfully request that the Court deny Movants’ motion to justify the surety, declare the Bond to be without effect and order that any replacement bond be posted within seven days, along with such other and further relief the Court deems necessary and appropriate,” lawyers with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s(D) office wrote in a 26-page filing.
We cannot let the lying and weaseling continue. trump must abide by the courts just like any other person.
Oops. So much for the multi billionaire. What a fraud.

Start putting liens on Monday morning.

Forum List

Back