The myth of the so called "southern strategy" brought about by leftist propagandists.

not sure the point you're trying to make
I assume if Republicans gave us Civil Rights, Meat Head was probably a Republican back then. Cause Archie certainly wasn't for Civil Rights. I assume Archie is a Republican but apparently back then, he would have been a Democrat.

You guys say you Republicans gave us Civil Rights. Right? So was Archie Bunker a Democrat back then? Was Meathead a Republican?

The guy writing that show was a democrat, so of course he made Bunker a republican......

This guys leaving out so much of the story. Blacks actually first started leaving the Republican party after the Great Mississippi Flood. It was the first time when a large portion of blacks started leaving the GOP.
what is the story?

I assume if Republicans gave us Civil Rights, Meat Head was probably a Republican back then. Cause Archie certainly wasn't for Civil Rights. I assume Archie is a Republican but apparently back then, he would have been a Democrat.
who knows, they never committed to that. That's the piece you miss.
Google Great Mississippi Flood and you'll see that is actually when blacks first started leaving the Republican party. 1920's.

You need an education.
what's that got to do with democrat and republican values?

who knows, they never committed to that. That's the piece you miss.

what's that got to do with democrat and republican values?

You value a dictator. Authoritarian rule. We know your values.

1701964537128.png

Go bite yourself.

After some changes were made to the bill and the filibuster ended, it passed the Senate with a 73-27 vote. About 82 percent of Republicans in the Senate voted for the bill, as did 69 percent of Democrats. The amended Senate bill was then sent back to the House where it passed with 76 percent support from Republicans and 60 percent support from Democrats.

A number of powerful Democrats, such as President Lyndon B. Johnson and Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield, played important roles in getting the legislation passed.

Prior to this, Congress had passed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the first major civil rights legislation to be enacted in decades, which sought to protect the voting rights of black Americans. The bill passed the House in a 286-126 vote. Only 51 percent of Democrats voted in favor of the bill, or 119 of their 235 members, compared to 84 percent of Republicans, or 167 of their 199 members.
I like how you avoided everything that was said

CONSERVATIVES OPPOSED THE CIVIL RIGHTS AND VOTING RIGHTS ACT.....More specifically, CONSERVATIVES IN THE SOUTH OPPOSED IT.....No matter how much you bend yourself into pretzels, you can't change that..so fuck what you whining about

This is why the main people whining about Civil Rights and Voting legislation now are the same ones who were whining about it in the past.....CONSERVATIVES

DEM-D9dL1JCW4AAZEy_.jpg

Give me the passage from this link that explains your point!
Oh okay

To address the disaster, Congress passed the Mississippi Flood Control Act, which put greater stress on construction in the Mississippi Delta Levee Camps despite warnings from the NAACP about harsh living conditions and mistreatment of black laborers within the camps.

a Black man was shot and killed by a white police officer when he refused to unload a relief boat at gunpoint. Near Helena, Arkansas, Owen Flemming was lynched after he killed a plantation overseer, who wanted to force him to rescue the plantation owner's mules. As a result of displacements lasting up to six months, tens of thousands of local African Americans moved to the big cities of the North, particularly Chicago; many thousands more followed in the following decades.

The refugee camps also dealt with extreme racial inequality, as supplies and means of evacuation after flooding were given strictly to white citizens, with Blacks receiving only leftovers. African Americans also did not receive supplies without providing the name of their white employer or voucher from a white person. In order to fully exploit black labor, Blacks were frequently forced to work against their will, and were not permitted to leave the camps. Later reports about the poor treatment in camps led Hoover to make promises of change to the African-American community, which he broke. As a result, he lost the Black vote in the North in his re-election campaign in 1932.

Several reports on the terrible situation in the refugee camps were kept out of the media at Hoover's request, with the pledge of further reforms for Blacks after the presidential election in 1928. His failure to deliver followed other disappointments by the Republican Party; influential African Americans began to encourage Black Americans to align instead with the national Democrats.

This was the first time blacks in droves started leaving the Republican party. Long before the Southern Strategy.

You think Archie is the Democrat and Meathead is the Republican? I mean today. Would Archie have campaigned for Obama?

Yes.......that isn't the way he wrote them, but that is the truth.

Archie was a racist democrat.......just like all the racist democrats who opposed civil rights...

Google Great Mississippi Flood and you'll see that is actually when blacks first started leaving the Republican party. 1920's.

You need an education.
You might want to show us poor ignorant benighted people where in the Constitution, the federal government was given the power to interfere with a local natural disaster in Louisiana? Back then the federal government felt that it was truly bound by the Tenth Amendment.

I like how you avoided everything that was said

CONSERVATIVES OPPOSED THE CIVIL RIGHTS AND VOTING RIGHTS ACT.....More specifically, CONSERVATIVES IN THE SOUTH OPPOSED IT.....No matter how much you bend yourself into pretzels, you can't change that..so fuck what you whining about

This is why the main people whining about Civil Rights and Voting legislation now are the same ones who were whining about it in the past.....CONSERVATIVES

View attachment 869379
original version could have plenty wrong with it and same with the original senate version. You need to stop trying to pull twigs out your eyes..

The bill passed the House in a 286-126 vote. Only 51 percent of Democrats voted in favor of the bill, or 119 of their 235 members, compared to 84 percent of Republicans, or 167 of their 199 members.

original version could have plenty wrong with it and same with the original senate version. You need to stop trying to pull twigs out your eyes..

The bill passed the House in a 286-126 vote. Only 51 percent of Democrats voted in favor of the bill, or 119 of their 235 members, compared to 84 percent of Republicans, or 167 of their 199 members.
Why are you having such a hard time refuting a single thing I said?

And why do you have to keep lying?

I posted the vote break down....CONSERVATIVES OPPOSED IT

CONSERVATIVES CONTINUE TO OPPOSE IT....

Please name me a single prominent Conservative who was down south risking their life, marching along side of MLK, Medgar Evers and others?

I can name plenty of "liberals" who lost their life during the Civil Rights movement....like Viola Luizzo..

M_007mlk.1112 (2).jpg

Among people who actually supported the Civil Rights movement, they know who she was and the sacrifice she made...

But for dumb asses like you, you have no idea who she was...do you know why? Because right-wingers FOUGHT AGAINST WHAT SHE STOOD FOR...it aint my fault you are embarrassed about it now; but no matter how much you try to lie about the past, it won't change

Why are you having such a hard time refuting a single thing I said?

And why do you have to keep lying?

I posted the vote break down....CONSERVATIVES OPPOSED IT

CONSERVATIVES CONTINUE TO OPPOSE IT....

Please name me a single prominent Conservative who was down south risking their life, marching along side of MLK, Medgar Evers and others?

I can name plenty of "liberals" who lost their life during the Civil Rights movement....like Viola Luizzo..

View attachment 870076

Among people who actually supported the Civil Rights movement, they know who she was and the sacrifice she made...

But for dumb asses like you, you have no idea who she was...do you know why? Because right-wingers FOUGHT AGAINST WHAT SHE STOOD FOR...it aint my fault you are embarrassed about it now; but no matter how much you try to lie about the past, it won't change
you haven't shown the final vote!! post it up there big guy!!! It's what I've posted and you keep ignoring it like a good parrot demofk. You know, the vote that put it into affect!!!

Forum List

Back