The myth of the so called "southern strategy" brought about by leftist propagandists.

you haven't shown the final vote!! post it up there big guy!!! It's what I've posted and you keep ignoring it like a good parrot demofk. You know, the vote that put it into affect!!!
Here is what is going to happen....

I will post the vote breakdown (AGAIN) -- you will deflect and keep showing us why you right-wingers are so butthurt about the fact you were on the wrong side of Voting Rights and Civil Rights..

Final House Vote...July 9, 1965

1965.1.PNG

diagram.png

Final Senate Vote - May, 1965
1965.2.PNG

card.png

I asked you to name a single prominent conservative who fought along side of MLK --- and you still can't....It didn't take me long to name a liberal....here are 3 more while we are at it..

axresdefault.jpg

Here is what is going to happen....

I will post the vote breakdown (AGAIN) -- you will deflect and keep showing us why you right-wingers are so butthurt about the fact you were on the wrong side of Voting Rights and Civil Rights..

Final House Vote...July 9, 1965

View attachment 870082

View attachment 870081

Final Senate Vote - May, 1965
View attachment 870084

View attachment 870085

I asked you to name a single prominent conservative who fought along side of MLK --- and you still can't....It didn't take me long to name a liberal....here are 3 more while we are at it..

View attachment 870079
still with fictitious numbers. I gave them to you.

still with fictitious numbers. I gave them to you.

You do understand that the vote tally is public record right?

Why didn't you link to the actual National Archives?

You do understand that the vote tally is public record right?

Why didn't you link to the actual National Archives?

I gave you the tally already. You still trying to rewrite the history of the vote. hahahahahahaahahahaha you fking hate losing huh?

you haven't shown the final vote!! post it up there big guy!!! It's what I've posted and you keep ignoring it like a good parrot demofk. You know, the vote that put it into affect!!!
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are leaders of the Civil Rights movement. I always admired them. You must have too if you were a part of the Civil Rights movement.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are leaders of the Civil Rights movement. I always admired them. You must have too if you were a part of the Civil Rights movement.
I'm not quite sure what those two actually did other than follow the good Dr. King. Since King's death, those two have done all they could to keep blacks oppressed. Even Jesse's own son went to jail for his corruption. Old Al owes hundreds of thousands in back taxes!! Tawany Brawley bring back in memories?

I'm not quite sure what those two actually did other than follow the good Dr. King. Since King's death, those two have done all they could to keep blacks oppressed. Even Jesse's own son went to jail for his corruption. Old Al owes hundreds of thousands in back taxes!! Tawany Brawley bring back in memories?

It was smart for Reagan to reluctantly sign MLK day into law.

Despite the national fervor inspired by King's death, the bill to create a holiday in his honor languished for years with limited congressional support. However, Democratic Michigan Congressman, John Conyers, who first proposed the bill on April 8, 1968, was not deterred. He continued to reintroduce the legislation every year with the support of the Congressional Black Caucus, which Conyers helped found.

In 1979, on the 50th anniversary of King’s birth, the bill finally came to a vote in the House. However, even with a petition of 300,000 signatures in support, the backing of President Jimmy Carter, and testimonials from King’s widow, Coretta Scott King, the bill still was rejected by five votes in the House. Republican Missouri Congressman Gene Taylor led the opposition

The bill easily passed in the House with a vote of 338 to 90. However, when the bill moved onto the Senate, Republican North Carolina Senator, Jesse Helms attempted to dismiss the legislation by submitting documents alleging that the civil rights leader harbored ties to the communist party. Outraged by the personal attack on King's character, Democratic New York Congressman Daniel Patrick Moynihan threw the more than 300 page binder to the ground and stomped on what he described as a "packet of filth." After two days of debate, the bill passed in the Senate and President Ronald Regan reluctantly agreed to sign it into law.

I would have preferred a non-holiday in King's honor but since they seem bent on making it a national holiday, I believe the symbolism of that day is important enough that I will sign that legislation when it reaches my desk.

President Ronald Regan
October 20, 1983

Alabama and Mississippi, have combined the King holiday with “Robert E. Lee Day” to honor the birthday of Confederate General Robert E. Lee

It was smart for Reagan to reluctantly sign MLK day into law.

Despite the national fervor inspired by King's death, the bill to create a holiday in his honor languished for years with limited congressional support. However, Democratic Michigan Congressman, John Conyers, who first proposed the bill on April 8, 1968, was not deterred. He continued to reintroduce the legislation every year with the support of the Congressional Black Caucus, which Conyers helped found.

In 1979, on the 50th anniversary of King’s birth, the bill finally came to a vote in the House. However, even with a petition of 300,000 signatures in support, the backing of President Jimmy Carter, and testimonials from King’s widow, Coretta Scott King, the bill still was rejected by five votes in the House. Republican Missouri Congressman Gene Taylor led the opposition

The bill easily passed in the House with a vote of 338 to 90. However, when the bill moved onto the Senate, Republican North Carolina Senator, Jesse Helms attempted to dismiss the legislation by submitting documents alleging that the civil rights leader harbored ties to the communist party. Outraged by the personal attack on King's character, Democratic New York Congressman Daniel Patrick Moynihan threw the more than 300 page binder to the ground and stomped on what he described as a "packet of filth." After two days of debate, the bill passed in the Senate and President Ronald Regan reluctantly agreed to sign it into law.

I would have preferred a non-holiday in King's honor but since they seem bent on making it a national holiday, I believe the symbolism of that day is important enough that I will sign that legislation when it reaches my desk.

President Ronald Regan
October 20, 1983

Alabama and Mississippi, have combined the King holiday with “Robert E. Lee Day” to honor the birthday of Confederate General Robert E. Lee
what does that have to do with the con artists you mentioned?

Nothing. It proves the southern strategy happened. If Republicans gave us civil rigthts, why be against MLK day? Why did Kentucky make him share it with Robert E Lee? A Democrat btw.
Democrats ran those states until about 1990 or 1992. And even after the southern states voted republican in national elections they continued to vote democrat in state and local elections.

Again it has nothing to do with the fact that your 2 heroes are conmen, they have made a living off of racism.

Democrats ran those states until about 1990 or 1992. And even after the southern states voted republican in national elections they continued to vote democrat in state and local elections.

Again it has nothing to do with the fact that your 2 heroes are conmen, they have made a living off of racism.
the Tawany Brawley incident shows how evil these two fkers actually are.

the Tawany Brawley incident shows how evil these two fkers actually are.

Nikki's recent screw up proves the Southern Strategy is real.

Haley’s staggering ignorance about the cause of the US civil war unintentionally revealed her quandary in the Republican party. It was not a gaffe. Though it was a stumble, it was not a mistake, but a message she has delivered for years and that has served her well until now. Her carefully crafted and closely memorized garble was a deracinated version of an old lie, which she had used before to attempt to mollify hostile camps in order to skid by. Some in the past praised her evasive formula as governor of South Carolina as her finest moment. It lifted her star. Yet one simple question instantly produced panicky rapid eye movements that are the telltale sign of a person desperately cornered, followed by an unstoppable stream of blather that she hoped would make it all evaporate into a meaningless ether but instead this time slid her into an abyss. Her performance, the most memorable of her entire career, was so devastating that even Ron DeSantis commented: “Yikes.” For a second she turned Ron DeSantis woke.

Of course, the answer is an easy one for any eighth grader. But for Haley it went to the molten core of the history and politics of South Carolina, where she had been governor, to the southern strategy that realigned the Republican party...

NO, it does not!!!

And, the only reason the south is conservative, is because conservatives moved there, not because democrats changed parties. although many did leave the racism of the democrat party
Conservatives always lived there
They just changed parties

How many Democrats voted for the Civil Rights act, not because they wanted to, but because it was the smart Political thing to do. The only political thing to do.
Because they lived in the North

Only Dixiecrats opposed

Forum List

Back