The media does not lie, it tells HALF truths

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
People on the establishment media who accuse themselves (each other) of lying, are not actually lying - lying is bad for business, what they all do is tell HALF truths. An example of a half truth is this: There is a boxing match between a Russian and an American, American loses and the media reports that American took second place while a Russian ended up next to last. that is half truth, here is more:
So when you hear people criticizing either a republican or a democrat OR Vladimir Putin in Russia, REMEMBER - those people are very likely either ignorant, OR they are distractors, and THAT is who is allowed on the main stream media - ignorant people to be used as DISTRACTORS: it is NOT a lie that republicans are corrupt. it is also not a lie that DEMOCRATS are corrupt. It is also not a lie that Vladimir PUTIN is corrupt. The establishment media does not lie nearly as much as they are ACCUSED of lying - it is not the LIES that are deceiving us, it is HALF truths

Well duh! Really the regular media is not so much the problem as editorialized commentary that people think is news.

That's how partisans operate: Highlight and magnify information that supports your agenda; ignore, avoid and distort information that is contrary to your agenda. That's why partisans have no credibility. Unfortunately, there are far too many partisans in the media and that strategy is common in their "reporting".

There was a time when journalists were taught/trained to report a story as accurately and completely as possible. That is no longer the goal. The goal is to identify "the truth" within in the event and craft the story to tell "the truth". And since "the truth" is now nothing more than "the way I see things from my perspective", that's what we get.

Sadly and ironically, a news consumer must now do the work of the reporter and search out as much information as possible from various sources to get the whole story.

If they actually want the whole story, that is. Partisan news consumers don't.

Last edited:

That's the partisans operate: Highlight and magnify information that supports your agenda; ignore, avoid and distort information that is contrary to your agenda. That's why partisans have no credibility. Unfortunately, there are far too many partisans in the media and that strategy is common in their "reporting".

There was a time when journalists were taught/trained to report a story as accurately and completely as possible. That is no longer the goal. The goal is to identify "the truth" within in the event and craft the story to tell "the truth". And since "the truth" is now nothing more than "the way I see things from my perspective", that's what we get.

Sadly and ironically, a news consumer must now do the work of the reporter and search out as much information as possible from various sources to get the whole story.

If they actually want the whole story, that is. Partisan news consumers don't.

The news was never "the truth" not ever, spin is kind of a new term for a very old idea. At least we now have access to many streams of information of different viewpoints.

The news was never "the truth" not ever, spin is kind of a new term for a very old idea. At least we now have access to many streams of information of different viewpoints.
Right, and the best way the establishment/elitists have against that is the use of DISTRACTORS:
And if there are THOUSANDS of political experts like me, WHAT GOOD do any of us do for the NATION, if the nation is already AWARE about the corruption of the two party system? even if there are just TWO of us, ONE must LEAD, one must FOLLOW, other way he is a DISTRACTOR. ONLY ONE person can lead, two or MORE people, can only create DIVISION. THAT is the PROBLEM in America today - people do not KNOW whom to VOTE for - the ESTABLISHMENT makes THEIR choice VERY CLEAR, the left and the right is very well united whom they publicize and criticize from the very beginning. But HOW are the voters supposed to KNOW, if they should vote for the green party, the tea party, pizza party, the libertarian party, constitution party, independent party, occupy wall street party, stop Hillary Clinton 2016 party, Rand Paul, or Allen West party - it is EASY to blame the VOTERS, but I must admit that I am ALSO CLUELESS whom to vote for. THAT IS WHY, last year i decided to take a BOLD step, delete most of my friends and family members from my Facebook account, and present myself as the world LEADER, because it is EMBARRASSING to do so when you are a NOBODY, if my movement takes off THEN it's OK, I will no longer look like a nut case. But if there are any OTHER leaders out there, I can be contacted, let us talk, maybe you can be a better leader than me, and then I will be happy to follow, but I have not ran into any such people as of yet - they all seem to be on TELEVISION and too big to reach - and they have their own fake conferences, where only their own people can ask them questions to which they already have prepared their answers.

People on the establishment media who accuse themselves (each other) of lying, are not actually lying - lying is bad for business, what they all do is tell HALF truths. An example of a half truth is this: There is a boxing match between a Russian and an American, American loses and the media reports that American took second place while a Russian ended up next to last. that is half truth, here is more:
So when you hear people criticizing either a republican or a democrat OR Vladimir Putin in Russia, REMEMBER - those people are very likely either ignorant, OR they are distractors, and THAT is who is allowed on the main stream media - ignorant people to be used as DISTRACTORS: it is NOT a lie that republicans are corrupt. it is also not a lie that DEMOCRATS are corrupt. It is also not a lie that Vladimir PUTIN is corrupt. The establishment media does not lie nearly as much as they are ACCUSED of lying - it is not the LIES that are deceiving us, it is HALF truths
I believe it's called "perception management".

Yes the media does lie.
Not as often as it is made to believe - the establishment media I mean - they would lose their credibility if they lied directly -
Mac1958 has it right:
That's how partisans operate: Highlight and magnify information that supports your agenda; ignore, avoid and distort information that is contrary to your agenda. That's why partisans have no credibility.

Forum List

Back