The Man Who Fell To Earth

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Just starting this series on Showtime. Has anyone watched it. It's a scifi which seems to be based on the 1975 movie of the same name but without David Bowie. Don't know how much it follows the movie. It is about an alien who falls to earth. He looks human but that's where the similarity ends. Though he can speak he has no knowledge of language, customs, standards of behavior, or morality. Yet he has mission, to save his planet.

Just starting this series on Showtime. Has anyone watched it. It's a scifi which seems to be based on the 1975 movie of the same name but without David Bowie. Don't know how much it follows the movie. It is about an alien who falls to earth. He looks human but that's where the similarity ends. Though he can speak he has no knowledge of language, customs, standards of behavior, or morality. Yet he has mission, to save his planet.
I have the first 2 episodes on DVR but haven't watched yet. What's your opinion?
IMO, anything without David Bowie is an automatic improvement.
Tried watching an older movie called Labrynith with a very young Jennifer Connelly & David Bowie. He was horrible & ruined what was a mediocre movie to that point. Couldn't finish it.

I have the first 2 episodes on DVR but haven't watched yet. What's your opinion?
IMO, anything without David Bowie is an automatic improvement.
Tried watching an older movie called Labrynith with a very young Jennifer Connelly & David Bowie. He was horrible & ruined what was a mediocre movie to that point. Couldn't finish it.
I saw the first episode and it was interesting watching the alien trying to communicate. For example he overhears someone say, "saying fuck is good way to get attention". So he precedes to get attention in the only way he knows. Anyway, I'll watch the second and third episode maybe third episode tonight and will post my opinion.

Hmm... looked it up, it is streaming on Paramount + but it says "Episodes 1 & 2 for a limited time".
Looks like "view bait" (On Paramount) trying to get you to like it, then want you to pay a premium to get Showtime with P +.

I hate the f*cking games these people play. Either have the show or don't. Amazon Prime is the worst at this.

Hmm... looked it up, it is streaming on Paramount + but it says "Episodes 1 & 2 for a limited time".
Looks like "view bait" (On Paramount) trying to get you to like it, then want you to pay a premium to get Showtime with P +.

I hate the f*cking games these people play. Either have the show or don't. Amazon Prime is the worst at this.
I watched the first 3 episodes on Showtime. I believe that is all that is available now.

It's not great but not bad. The acting is good and the idea for the story is good. However, there is a problem with this series and many other series in which a good alien or supernatural entity comes to earth bearing great gifts that would benefit mankind. At this point the writers feel they must come up with an antagonist. There is always the evil cooperate bad guy who secretly does all kinds of bad things or the secret government agents who spend their lives looking for great things that would save mankind but could also be weaponize to end life as we know it or maybe just destroy the thing to protect their evil leaders. This time the writers have chosen the secret government agents. I guess because everybody knows secret government agencies are always looking for ways to destroy mankind.

I will watch the next episode to see if it follows the formula simply because I have Showtime for free. If I had to pay real money for this series, I would skip it because it will probably end up on Netflix, Prime, or some free Scifi channel.

Forum List

Back