The "Make Billionaires Pay Act" by Crazy Bernie & Gruesome Gillibrand imposes a one-time 60% tax on wealth gains made by billionaires during corona

He pays significantly less today than he did in 2015.

What was his income in 2015? What is his income today?
Don't you know?

You made a claim......you don't know?
Who cares. Look at all this defense you put up when we discuss taxing billionaires more. I just pointed out that 3 out of 4 billionaires have seen their fortunes skyrocket since Corona. We claimed even before corona their unchecked wealth and power over our government was a problem even before this. And Trump gave them tax breaks in 2018? Totally unnecessary. It's as if you want the government to go bankrupt. How will that help you anarchists?

Who cares.

You were the one whining about his lower payment today, apparently you care.

I just pointed out that 3 out of 4 billionaires have seen their fortunes skyrocket since Corona.

Who cares? They own stocks, stocks have mostly gone up.

We claimed even before corona their unchecked wealth and power over our government was a problem even before this.

Yes, your constant push for reducing the size and scope of government was refreshing.

And Trump gave them tax breaks in 2018?

Me too.

Stocks have gone up for one reason. Billions interjected
Here’s how much these billionaires would pay under Sen. Bernie Sanders’ proposed “Make Billionaires Pay Act”:
-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Stop saying “we can’t afford” Homes for All, Green New Deal or Medicare for All.

If we didn't spend trillions on endless wars and tax breaks for millionaires, we could afford to house our homeless, care for our seniors, and save our planet.

We suffer from greed, not scarcity

Roughly 3 out of 4 American billionaires have seen a rise in their net worths. Elon Musk alone has tripled his net worth during the pandemic.

So you are crying about taxing Elon Musk 27 billion? Are you retarded?

I'm a fan of Tesla but has Musk made a profit on anything yet?
Elon has tripled his net worth since Corona. TRIPLED. Wake up middle class Americ

You're fighting us liberals meanwhile the billionaires are WINNING.

Citizens United is another bad move towards the rich controlling our government with their influence. No one can defend this can they?
Apparently, Elon is a better salesman than you.
And Billionaires should be taxed more. I don't even think they care. Only you right wing cons want to protect/defend their fortunes. Even when that means eventually they'll have to raise your taxes and cut your social security/Medicare.
I like Bernie Sanders plan...
Tax business at 75% if they off-shore and/or use Business Visas.
Do you agree?
Yes

No. Typical lefty, taxation as punishment, not taxation as a funding source.
Business entities that contribute to US unemployment should be punished.

What about a government that contributes to unemployment by continuing to allow low skilled labor to flood the market?
They need to go after the illegal employers. The people hiring the illegal workers. Going after illegal workers won't work if companies aren't afraid to hire them they'll just keep on coming wall or no wall.

go after the supply and the demand. but going after the employers to a degree of putting them out of business stops them from employing anyone, so it makes more sense to go after the supply

How's that working?

Don't know, we really haven't tried it full blast.

And why is that?

Lawsuits to stop ICE from doing it's job. Lack of will from certain lifelong anti-trump people in Justice. Localities that don't enforce any immigration laws or federal requests.

You mean places like Iowa?

Let's look at this.

This individual has worked at our farms for four years, was vetted through the government's E-Verify system, and was an employee in good standing. On Monday, the authorities visited our farm and talked to our employees. We have cooperated fully with their investigation.

Man charged in Tibbetts' death worked at Iowa farm linked to prominent Republican

UPDATE: The employers of the suspect in an Iowa college student’s death say he presented false identification when he came to work for them. Correcting information given Tuesday, manager Dane Lang said Yarrabee Farms did not use the government’s E-Verify system to check the immigration status of Cristhian Bahena Rivera, who presented an out-of-state ID card and Social Security number when he applied for work four years ago.

Employers: Slaying suspect lied about ID

This business knew he was here illegally and initially lied about it. Without the job he has no reason to come here.

I can't find anything about an investigation of this business about their lies and how many other illegals they are employing.
Keep your head buried. I have no time for you. America has always been great for me. Except maybe the end of Reagan's 2nd term and HW's first term. And 2000s./ I'm in manufacturing what are you in oil or pig farming?

And Trump even hurt me last year with his trade war with China. That's why he only had 2.3% growth in 2019. We import a machine from China and our main machines come from Germany so his war with the rest of the world definitely cost me in 2019 and his response to the corona virus cost me bigly in 2020. Yet I'm still doing pretty good. I could just do better.

The other day I looked at my bank account. Last time I looked it was around $20,000. So I took $100 out and asked for a receipt and I now have $30,000 in my checking account. I'm going to need to do something with $20,000 of it. Last time this happened last year I purchased $20,000 in stocks. I haven't even looked at that investment to see how it's doing. I know that's stupid but that's what people who have a lot of money do. Just invest it and forget about it. Actually I should probably go check. But I'm sure it's doing fine. My broker put me in 10 solid stocks that should make me money but are also safe.

Anyways, I fear a 2nd Trump term. If he handles a recession they way he handled the pandemic we are doomed.

No worries. The Senate and White House are going blue in a couple weeks. Bye

Don't you know?

Who cares. Look at all this defense you put up when we discuss taxing billionaires more. I just pointed out that 3 out of 4 billionaires have seen their fortunes skyrocket since Corona. We claimed even before corona their unchecked wealth and power over our government was a problem even before this. And Trump gave them tax breaks in 2018? Totally unnecessary. It's as if you want the government to go bankrupt. How will that help you anarchists?

Who cares.

I just pointed out that 3 out of 4 billionaires have seen their fortunes skyrocket since Corona.

We claimed even before corona their unchecked wealth and power over our government was a problem even before this.

Yes, your constant push for reducing the size and scope of government was refreshing.

Me too.

Here’s how much these billionaires would pay under Sen. Bernie Sanders’ proposed “Make Billionaires Pay Act”:
-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Stop saying “we can’t afford” Homes for All, Green New Deal or Medicare for All.

If we didn't spend trillions on endless wars and tax breaks for millionaires, we could afford to house our homeless, care for our seniors, and save our planet.

Roughly 3 out of 4 American billionaires have seen a rise in their net worths. Elon Musk alone has tripled his net worth during the pandemic.

Elon has tripled his net worth since Corona. TRIPLED. Wake up middle class Americ

Citizens United is another bad move towards the rich controlling our government with their influence. No one can defend this can they?
And Billionaires should be taxed more. I don't even think they care. Only you right wing cons want to protect/defend their fortunes. Even when that means eventually they'll have to raise your taxes and cut your social security/Medicare.
Do you agree?
Yes

What about a government that contributes to unemployment by continuing to allow low skilled labor to flood the market?
They need to go after the illegal employers. The people hiring the illegal workers. Going after illegal workers won't work if companies aren't afraid to hire them they'll just keep on coming wall or no wall.

go after the supply and the demand. but going after the employers to a degree of putting them out of business stops them from employing anyone, so it makes more sense to go after the supply

How's that working?

And why is that?

Lawsuits to stop ICE from doing it's job. Lack of will from certain lifelong anti-trump people in Justice. Localities that don't enforce any immigration laws or federal requests.

Let's look at this.

This individual has worked at our farms for four years, was vetted through the government's E-Verify system, and was an employee in good standing. On Monday, the authorities visited our farm and talked to our employees. We have cooperated fully with their investigation.

Man charged in Tibbetts' death worked at Iowa farm linked to prominent Republican

UPDATE: The employers of the suspect in an Iowa college student’s death say he presented false identification when he came to work for them. Correcting information given Tuesday, manager Dane Lang said Yarrabee Farms did not use the government’s E-Verify system to check the immigration status of Cristhian Bahena Rivera, who presented an out-of-state ID card and Social Security number when he applied for work four years ago.

This business knew he was here illegally and initially lied about it. Without the job he has no reason to come here.

I can't find anything about an investigation of this business about their lies and how many other illegals they are employing.
Keep your head buried. I have no time for you. America has always been great for me. Except maybe the end of Reagan's 2nd term and HW's first term. And 2000s./ I'm in manufacturing what are you in oil or pig farming?

And Trump even hurt me last year with his trade war with China. That's why he only had 2.3% growth in 2019. We import a machine from China and our main machines come from Germany so his war with the rest of the world definitely cost me in 2019 and his response to the corona virus cost me bigly in 2020. Yet I'm still doing pretty good. I could just do better.

The other day I looked at my bank account. Last time I looked it was around $20,000. So I took $100 out and asked for a receipt and I now have $30,000 in my checking account. I'm going to need to do something with $20,000 of it. Last time this happened last year I purchased $20,000 in stocks. I haven't even looked at that investment to see how it's doing. I know that's stupid but that's what people who have a lot of money do. Just invest it and forget about it. Actually I should probably go check. But I'm sure it's doing fine. My broker put me in 10 solid stocks that should make me money but are also safe.

Anyways, I fear a 2nd Trump term. If he handles a recession they way he handled the pandemic we are doomed.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

So close down the business? Put the owner in jail?

Really great idea SJW soi boi and your soi boi butt buddy Sealy.

"Between 1999 and 2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which subsequently was merged into the Homeland Security Department. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.

"In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies. In 2004, it issued fine notices to three."

So you agree with Bush when he stopped going after illegal employers? Like Reagan he let employers and illegals know he would not be enforcing our labor laws. Go ahead, hire illegals. Then 6 years later you hear McCain defending illegals saying they are here doing jobs Americans won't do. And I remember USMB Republicans making that argument too.

You cons don't even realize how manipulated you are. You went along with NAFTA, hell, you invented NAFTA, but now somehow Trump has hijacked NAFTA as being bad and now you agree with us liberals? You sure didn't agree with us back in the 1980's. Us liberals said Bill Clinton sold us out when he signed NAFTA. You guys didn't have a problem with free trade. You loved the cheap shit we were getting from China. Did you forget? I didn't. So funny today you guys have flipped on this issue. Trump was brilliant taking over this position because I agree. These trade deals hurt American workers.

But so have illegal employers and you Republicans have defended them all along you even still do now.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

Only when I read stupid people's posts.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

Only when I read stupid people's posts.

Well you need to better proof read your posts then because you are arguing mine while agreeing with them.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Nobody can stop ICE from doing it's job. Localities can not enforce immigration but you know this.

Bullshit. Locals try to subvert ICE all the time, ignoring retainers, not reporting when they arrest illegals.

Local governments used to report illegals. What would happen is that they would not get picked up and the federal government wanted them to hold them. States and local authorities said screw that, we can't afford it and quit doing it.

The federal government has no desire to control immigration. You know that.

Bullshit. ICE is sending our retainers all the time.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Wow, you did all that digging to get one "Brother of Republican bad" article.

Sad.

The entire dairy industry and run by and large with illegal labor. The government knows there. There is even a documentary on it.

Wisconsin's dairy industry would collapse without the work of Latino immigrants — many of them undocumented

This isn't the documentary but it's hardly a secret. The federal government knows this. What are they doing about it? Absolutely nothing.

You want the federal government to destroy the dairy industry?

Close the factories and arrest the owners and the bleeding heart libs will demand the illegals get welfare and all sorts of goodies.

This is one case where supply side enforcement is pretty much the only valid way to fix things without cutting off ones nose to spite ones face.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

Do it. I'm all for it. I fully support the federal government hammering businesses that hire illegals hard. I also know it isn't going to happen.

Again cutting off ones nose to spite one's face.

You are not for solutions, you are for hammering people you don't like.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

Yes, fine them so heavily no other company would dare hire illegals.

This is why we're never going to solve the illegal employer problem we have and Republicans don't want to because a lot of corporations that hire illegals are run by Republicans who donate to Republican politicians.

If you read the op ed I posted Thom puts blame on both parties. I know you guys never accept full responsibility for anything but maybe you'll admit both parties are to blame? Nah. We know you won't ever do that. And you can't ever get yourselves to blame or punish corporations no matter what they do.

Again, the goal is to control immigration, not ruin our employers.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Nobody can stop ICE from doing it's job. Localities can not enforce immigration but you know this.

Bullshit. Locals try to subvert ICE all the time, ignoring retainers, not reporting when they arrest illegals.

Local governments used to report illegals. What would happen is that they would not get picked up and the federal government wanted them to hold them. States and local authorities said screw that, we can't afford it and quit doing it.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Sad.

The entire dairy industry and run by and large with illegal labor. The government knows there. There is even a documentary on it.

Wisconsin's dairy industry would collapse without the work of Latino immigrants — many of them undocumented

This isn't the documentary but it's hardly a secret. The federal government knows this. What are they doing about it? Absolutely nothing.

Close the factories and arrest the owners and the bleeding heart libs will demand the illegals get welfare and all sorts of goodies.

This is one case where supply side enforcement is pretty much the only valid way to fix things without cutting off ones nose to spite ones face.

THis is why I don't allow immigration play any role in who I vote for.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

This is why we're never going to solve the illegal employer problem we have and Republicans don't want to because a lot of corporations that hire illegals are run by Republicans who donate to Republican politicians.

If you read the op ed I posted Thom puts blame on both parties. I know you guys never accept full responsibility for anything but maybe you'll admit both parties are to blame? Nah. We know you won't ever do that. And you can't ever get yourselves to blame or punish corporations no matter what they do.

The employers enticing illegals to come.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Sad.

Nah you are going to vote for Biden and amnesty and then bitch about your vote being diluted by millions of legalized new democratic voters.

You are a fool.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Sad.

Nah you are going to vote for Biden and amnesty and then bitch about your vote being diluted by millions of legalized new democratic voters.

You are a fool.

I'm voting Jorgensen.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Sad.

You are a fool.

I'm voting Jorgensen.

So voting for Biden, check.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

Their shithole existences in their own countries entice them to come.

That and they know in Cali the welfare state will take care of them, in other Blue states as well.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Sad.

You are a fool.

I'm voting Jorgensen.

And Biden supporters say I'm voting for Trump. There is something wrong with all of you.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

That and they know in Cali the welfare state will take care of them, in other Blue states as well.

They are all over the United States. Working in every single one. None of them getting enough in benefits to live here anywhere.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

I do see a lot of legal immigrants take advantage of social programs. I'm sure illegal immigrants do too especially in blue states. But make no mistake, the thing drawing them to this country are illegal employers large and small.

In Iowa

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Sad.

You are a fool.

I'm voting Jorgensen.

And Biden supporters say I'm voting for Trump. There is something wrong with all of you.

Jorgensen will peel more votes off of Trump than Biden.

Don't you know?

Who cares.

Me too.

-Jeff Bezos $42.8B
-Elon Musk $27.5B
-Mark Zuckerberg $22.8B

Do you agree?
Yes

How's that working?

And why is that?

Let's look at this.

They are all over the United States. Working in every single one. None of them getting enough in benefits to live here anywhere.

So illegals can't get benefits in California?

Forum List

Back