The Main Problems With Electric Cars

you would have to try to not find a part,, and that lie that only FMC parts work is just BS,,

theres an aftermarket part for everything and ford leads the pack,,

Sure. I can purchase MDS systems from Germany at 4 times the cost of an original FMC part.

Sure. I can purchase MDS systems from Germany at 4 times the cost of an original FMC part.
why would you go to germany?? just go to rock auto or one of the many other internet suppliers for it,,

and how is it 4 times the cost if the other isnt available??

you keep believing that,,

in the day of google everything is available,,

About 2 years ago, I went through the chinese parts. Out of 10 parts to rebuild a Distributor or a Distributor replacement, all 10 failed. 1600 bucks for labor later and the problem gets fixed with a 50 buck FMC Junk Yard Distributor.

About 2 years ago, I went through the chinese parts. Out of 10 parts to rebuild a Distributor or a Distributor replacement, all 10 failed. 1600 bucks for labor later and the problem gets fixed with a 50 buck FMC Junk Yard Distributor.
sure you did,,

Internal combustion engines used for transportation and industry will be around for the foreseeable future. Electric vehicles will continue to encroach on casual driving. Its just a better product than conventional automobiles.

Internal combustion engines used for transportation and industry will be around for the foreseeable future. Electric vehicles will continue to encroach on casual driving. Its just a better product than conventional automobiles.

Actually, Electric Busses and light delivery trucks are already here and growing steadily.

do you think some or a lot of the parts on modern cars arent made in china??

surely you arent that gullible??

Like I said, 1600 bucks labor and it gets fixed by a junk yard part. The only good news was that the dealers and parts houses took back their junk. I sold the truck because I am not nearly as gullible as you are.

I own both a Hemi Powered (Okay, I can't look to far down my nose at your) but I also have an electric. The EV warms up faster since it isn't depending on the engine to warm up first.
Amazing how astronauts live for months in space without alternatives and redundancies.

Like I said, 1600 bucks labor and it gets fixed by a junk yard part. The only good news was that the dealers and parts houses took back their junk. I sold the truck because I am not nearly as gullible as you are.
so you paid 1600 bucks to not fix your truck and you call me gullible,,,

hahahahahahahaahha

I drive a 2018 Honda Clarity Touring Plug-in Hybrid. With it I can drive single in the commuter lane and got a $7500 tax credit. What's surprises most people is that it can seat five adults; It's like the Honda Accord.

Amazing how astronauts live for months in space without alternatives and redundancies.

Rule of thumb for Space, at least a redundancy of 2 on all systems. The going thing right now for the space station is a 3X redundancy. What's funny, both my Glorified Grocery Getter and my Electic have redundant systems.

so you paid 1600 bucks to not fix your truck and you call me gullible,,,

hahahahahahahaahha

I used my favorite speed shop for the repairs. What's sad is, I could have fixed it in 5 minutes had I been savvy enough on the system. I am savvy enough now and my Dodge (which is much more complicated) runs like a champ and I don't need to depend on an outside mechanic. The Dodge is EASIER to maintain.

Tell me, Spanky, who do YOU use as your mechanic?

I own both a Hemi Powered (Okay, I can't look to far down my nose at your) but I also have an electric. The EV warms up faster since it isn't depending on the engine to warm up first.
You drain the battery with the heater on stuck in traffic is his point

I used my favorite speed shop for the repairs. What's sad is, I could have fixed it in 5 minutes had I been savvy enough on the system. I am savvy enough now and my Dodge (which is much more complicated) runs like a champ and I don't need to depend on an outside mechanic. The Dodge is EASIER to maintain.

Tell me, Spanky, who do YOU use as your mechanic?
so you let them charge you 1600 bucks to not fix your truck,, thats on you not them,,

and considering I have rebuilt dozens of 80s-90s ford distributors I dont see what the problem could have been unless they tried to replace the module without replacing the stator with it,,

and most if not all were after market parts,,

dodge might be easier but for a mechanic ford is where the moneys at,,,

Forum List

Back