The Main Problems With Electric Cars

so you let them charge you 1600 bucks to not fix your truck,, thats on you not them,,

and considering I have rebuilt dozens of 80s-90s ford distributors I dont see what the problem could have been unless they tried to replace the module without replacing the stator with it,,

and most if not all were after market parts,,

dodge might be easier but for a mechanic ford is where the moneys at,,,

That tells me that I picked a winner and you picked a loser. Now, tell me what do you think was the problem with the Ford? I'll give you a hint, it was on the distributor and controlled the fuel injection. That system was only used from later 1988 to 1994.

That tells me that I picked a winner and you picked a loser. Now, tell me what do you think was the problem with the Ford? I'll give you a hint, it was on the distributor and controlled the fuel injection. That system was only used from later 1988 to 1994.
your winner charged you 1600 bucks to not fix your truck,,

I paid him for his labor. It wasn't his fault that your chinese parts were crap.
they arent my chinese parts dumbass,,

so unless you supplied the parts its on the mechanic to back up his work not you,,

and if you went all the way to 1600 bucks youre a fucking idiot,,

they arent my chinese parts dumbass,,

so unless you supplied the parts its on the mechanic to back up his work not you,,

and if you went all the way to 1600 bucks youre a fucking idiot,,

Good help is hard to find and the mechanic spent valued time on the project and deserves to be paid. It's called Capitalism.

Good help is hard to find and the mechanic spent valued time on the project and deserves to be paid. It's called Capitalism.
not when they dont fix the car,, thats why you pay them,,

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit and say I dont believe a word youre saying,,

Sure, but you can bring gas to an empty car easier then charge a dead EV battery.

Sure you can but your faulty reasoning means that either one could be dangerous. BTW, they have emergency vehicles that can put a short charge on an EV. Just enough to get it to the charging station. Same goes for AAA delivering that 2 gallon of gas.

The Main Problems With Electric Cars​

There is one other big problem that many seem to be ignoring. COST.

Performance is always out there if you are willing to pay for it. But for the foreseeable future for all intents and purposes, you are mostly looking at not only buying a NEW car, but a very expensive one at that. All aside the limitations in range and the need for constant charging:
  • For the price of a "cheap" EV (~$45,000), I get a little shitcan with some serious limitations when for ONE-TENTH the cost, I can still buy a great used ICE car in wonderful condition and milage, large and just LOADED with features. And I can buy gas everywhere.
  • To get a pretty nice EV in size, styling and features, I'm basically in the $90,000 - $140,000 range, the price of a pretty nice hand-built foreign sports car!

Sure, but you can bring gas to an empty car easier then charge a dead EV battery.
If you run out of battery or fuel you will get cold. Especially stuck in the snow. There are new battery replacement stations and mobile units as well. Somehow someone is going to rescue or tow you.

Sure you can but your faulty reasoning means that either one could be dangerous. BTW, they have emergency vehicles that can put a short charge on an EV. Just enough to get it to the charging station. Same goes for AAA delivering that 2 gallon of gas.

Like someone already mentioned in an emergency you could get gas from another car. I'm not anti-EV.

If you run out of battery or fuel you will get cold. Especially stuck in the snow. There are new battery replacement stations and mobile units as well. Somehow someone is going to rescue or tow you.

Are you trying to put some reality into this discussion? Shame on you.

Like someone already mentioned in an emergency you could get gas from another car. I'm not anti-EV.

You could but there is a good chance that the other person won't have that short hose and neither will you. Plus, my Dodge will not allow the suction hose to be used. You are going to be dialing for those 2 gallons to get to the nearest station.

Forum List

Back