The left wing media abandons bias in favor of outright lies

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
fake-news-1.jpg

Earlier this week, Lanny Davis, lawyer for Michael Cohen, claimed that Cohen would be telling Mueller that Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting ahead of time:

CNN reported on July 27 that Cohen was prepared to tell Special Counsel Robert Mueller that the president had advance knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting. On Wednesday, Davis said that the reporting was “mixed up” and that his client had no information regarding when Trump knew about the meeting.You can find the entire story here.Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.
Cohen's claim would contradict repeated denials by Trump, Donald Trump Jr., their lawyers and other administration officials who have said that the President knew nothing about the Trump Tower meeting until he was approached about it by The New York Times in July 2017. Cohen alleges that he was present, along with several others, when Trump was informed of the Russians' offer by Trump Jr. By Cohen's account, Trump approved going ahead with the meeting with the Russians, according to sources.

That didn't last long. Davis lied. Soon after, Davis retracted it.“I regret that I wasn’t clear enough to The Post. I should have been more clear. I could not independently confirm the information in the CNN story,” Davis said. “I’m sorry that I left that impression. I wasn’t at the meeting. The only person who could confirm that information is my client, [Michael Cohen].”
Cohen has also provided information to Congress that would debunk CNN’s report.

The story was false. Davis lied. Now you'd think an honest and responsible news outlet would issue a correction. Maybe so, but CNN is neither.
Chuck Ross on Twitter

Chuck Todd, who amusingly considers himself to be a journalist, was admonished by Bret Baierfor being a partisan hack

Fox News anchor Bret Baier called out NBC’s Chuck Todd on Friday for suggesting Congress draft up impeachment papers for President Donald Trump.
On WMAL’s “Mornings on the Mall,” Baier said he was “struck” by Todd’s comments. Todd said on Wednesday that a “functional Washington” would be investigating and talking about drawing up impeachment articles for the president.

“I was most struck of all the punditry — I think it was Chuck Todd who said that Paul Ryan should take the reigns and get the Judiciary Committee to start the impeachment process with Republicans leading the way and made this impassioned plea for Republicans to start the impeachment process,” Baier said.

“I can tell you just from covering this place that’s not going to happen,” he added.

CNN has taken on the job of lobbying for the Iranian mullahs:
Harry Khachatrian on Twitter

No word on whether they're being paid or just acting voluntarily.

Davis has emphatically denied that Cohen has ever been to Prague, as alleged in the dossier. Naturally, that didn't deter an MSNBC panelist from asserting that it's true:

“Never, never in Prague. Did I make that? Never, never, ever. Ever,” Davis said in an interview on Wednesday with MSNBC’s Chuck Todd.
“And the reason, just to let your viewers know, what we’re talking about is that the dossier, so-called, mentions his name 14 times, one of which is a meeting with Russians in Prague. Fourteen times false,” Davis added.

Despite that major blow to the dossier, Butler asserted in a panel discussion with MSNBC host Joy Reid that the salacious document has been corroborated.

“The Steele dossier keeps getting corroborated by Mueller and reporters. It says that there were two go betweens the Trump campaign and Russia. The first one was Manafort, and when Manafort resigned from the campaign, Michael Cohen took it over. We know Manafort is now just chilling, waiting to get through the second trial get his pardon from Trump. So Cohen is the man, if you believe the dossier,” Butler said.

And the left wing DNC media has absolutely buried the truth about Bruce Ohr.
(Excerpt) Read more at Floppingaces.net...

Nothing that we didn't already know but making it concise so even the left can understand it!

Even the Soviet Union-era Pravda/Izvestia isn't as bad as this....

Forum List

Back