The Left Is Talking Utter Nonsense + Pure Ignorance

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The understanding gap between the left and the right now, in the summer of 2020, is like the Grand Canyon. I could cite dozens of examples, but having just suffered through a half hour of Meet the Trump Bashers on NBC TV this morning, this is what's fresh in my mind. Take the example of Etan Thomas, former NBA Player and author, who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. (but he's nowhere near alone on this)

He mentioned the example of police confrontation. He said that he had to give his son advice in what to do, and said he told his son the "rules of engagement" when in contact with the police,

1. "make sure that you have no sudden movements"......

2. "that you have to de-escalate a situation, that you didn't escalate in the first place, and the only reason it's escalated is because of the color of your skin."

3. "But you can't do what you see your white friends doing, because they, with the police they can do whatever they wanted to do, they can not comply and everything like that, and they will get to live."

4. When the police pull me over, I have to follow set of guidelines. It doesn't matter what I've accomplished in life, or who I am, or what tax bracket I'm in, I'm a black man and I'm a threat."

ALL of these show a lack of understanding of reality, and instead, a following of Democrat Party propaganda.

1. What Thomas omitted here, is that you must make sure that your hands are VISIBLE & EMPTY. Sudden movements aren't really that important. You could do a tap dance in front of the cop, and he/she won't care much, but if your hands go out of the cop's sight, you will be shot. Unfortunately, our schools are run by liberals (clueless about cops and guns), and they don't teach this massively important point.

2. When the cops are confronting someone, there is a REASON, which deals with crime, not skin color. George Floyd, Jason Blake, Michael Brown, Walter Scott, Terrence Crutcher, etc, all had committed or were suspected of crimes, including resisting arrest. If they had simply cooperated with the officer, they would not have been shot.

3. FALSE! Police shoot and kill white people as well as any other race. And if whites allow their hands to disappear from the officer's view, they will be shot, and probably killed (as in the case of Daniel Shaver, who reached behind him, and was shot dead,

4. The only guideline that anybody, of any race, has to follow is cooperate with the police, don't resist, and keep your hands VISIBLE & EMPTY.

The understanding gap between the left and the right now, in the summer of 2020, is like the Grand Canyon. I could cite dozens of examples, but having just suffered through a half hour of Meet the Trump Bashers on NBC TV this morning, this is what's fresh in my mind. Take the example of Etan Thomas, former NBA Player and author, who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. (but he's nowhere near alone on this)

He mentioned the example of police confrontation. He said that he had to give his son advice in what to do, and said he told his son the "rules of engagement" when in contact with the police,

2. "that you have to de-escalate a situation, that you didn't escalate in the first place, and the only reason it's escalated is because of the color of your skin."

3. "But you can't do what you see your white friends doing, because they, with the police they can do whatever they wanted to do, they can not comply and everything like that, and they will get to live."

4. When the police pull me over, I have to follow set of guidelines. It doesn't matter what I've accomplished in life, or who I am, or what tax bracket I'm in, I'm a black man and I'm a threat."

ALL of these show a lack of understanding of reality, and instead, a following of Democrat Party propaganda.

1. What Thomas omitted here, is that you must make sure that your hands are VISIBLE & EMPTY. Sudden movements aren't really that important. You could do a tap dance in front of the cop, and he/she won't care much, but if your hands go out of the cop's sight, you will be shot. Unfortunately, our schools are run by liberals (clueless about cops and guns), and they don't teach this massively important point.

2. When the cops are confronting someone, there is a REASON, which deals with crime, not skin color. George Floyd, Jason Blake, Michael Brown, Walter Scott, Terrence Crutcher, etc, all had committed or were suspected of crimes, including resisting arrest. If they had simply cooperated with the officer, they would not have been shot.

3. FALSE! Police shoot and kill white people as well as any other race. And if whites allow their hands to disappear from the officer's view, they will be shot, and probably killed (as in the case of Daniel Shaver, who reached behind him, and was shot dead,

4. The only guideline that anybody, of any race, has to follow is cooperate with the police, don't resist, and keep your hands VISIBLE & EMPTY.

Daniel Shaver was straight up murdered.

Funny their were no riots over the police murdering him,

Apparently, you missed the whole part about DJT screwing up the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic response.

...total idiots that SURELY have not graduated 4th grade---
..cops murder -maybe--ONE black per year...
--blacks murder over 3000 blacks every year---do they talk to their children about how to act when with another black??

Daniel Shaver was straight up murdered.

Funny their were no riots over the police murdering him,
FALSE! The Shaver shooting was 100% JUSTIFIABLE. Just another unfortunate case of a citizen not understanding how to act in confronation with the police. The OP explained why.

You were never taught this in school (VISIBLE & EMPTY). I know that. Neither was anybody else. We need to undo liberal control of the schools.

...total idiots that SURELY have not graduated 4th grade---
..cops murder -maybe--ONE black per year...
--blacks murder over 3000 blacks every year---do they talk to their children about how to act when with another black??
Good question. You won't see Chuck Todd asking it on Meet the Trump Bashers.

Apparently, you missed the whole part about DJT screwing up the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic response.
Prove he screwed it up.
maxresdefault.jpg

Even though my white son has always been respectful of cops, I went over this stuff with him he first started driving. And now I constantly ask him what he would do if pulled over with gun in car. I haven't asked him what he would do if confronted by a mob...pretty sure I don't want to hear the answer.

Even though my white son has always been respectful of cops, I went over this stuff with him he first started driving. And now I constantly ask him what he would do if pulled over with gun in car. I haven't asked him what he would do if confronted by a mob...pretty sure I don't want to hear the answer.
As for the cop, his correct answer would be >> keep his hands VISIBLE & EMPTY. Cooperate.

Forum List

Back