The Left Is Talking Utter Nonsense + Pure Ignorance

The understanding gap between the left and the right now, in the summer of 2020, is like the Grand Canyon. I could cite dozens of examples, but having just suffered through a half hour of Meet the Trump Bashers on NBC TV this morning, this is what's fresh in my mind. Take the example of Etan Thomas, former NBA Player and author, who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. (but he's nowhere near alone on this)

He mentioned the example of police confrontation. He said that he had to give his son advice in what to do, and said he told his son the "rules of engagement" when in contact with the police,

1. "make sure that you have no sudden movements"......

2. "that you have to de-escalate a situation, that you didn't escalate in the first place, and the only reason it's escalated is because of the color of your skin."

3. "But you can't do what you see your white friends doing, because they, with the police they can do whatever they wanted to do, they can not comply and everything like that, and they will get to live."

4. When the police pull me over, I have to follow set of guidelines. It doesn't matter what I've accomplished in life, or who I am, or what tax bracket I'm in, I'm a black man and I'm a threat."

ALL of these show a lack of understanding of reality, and instead, a following of Democrat Party propaganda.

1. What Thomas omitted here, is that you must make sure that your hands are VISIBLE & EMPTY. Sudden movements aren't really that important. You could do a tap dance in front of the cop, and he/she won't care much, but if your hands go out of the cop's sight, you will be shot. Unfortunately, our schools are run by liberals (clueless about cops and guns), and they don't teach this massively important point.

2. When the cops are confronting someone, there is a REASON, which deals with crime, not skin color. George Floyd, Jason Blake, Michael Brown, Walter Scott, Terrence Crutcher, etc, all had committed or were suspected of crimes, including resisting arrest. If they had simply cooperated with the officer, they would not have been shot.

3. FALSE! Police shoot and kill white people as well as any other race. And if whites allow their hands to disappear from the officer's view, they will be shot, and probably killed (as in the case of Daniel Shaver, who reached behind him, and was shot dead,

4. The only guideline that anybody, of any race, has to follow is cooperate with the police, don't resist, and keep your hands VISIBLE & EMPTY.

Common sense is no longer common.

The understanding gap between the left and the right now, in the summer of 2020, is like the Grand Canyon. I could cite dozens of examples, but having just suffered through a half hour of Meet the Trump Bashers on NBC TV this morning, this is what's fresh in my mind. Take the example of Etan Thomas, former NBA Player and author, who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. (but he's nowhere near alone on this)

He mentioned the example of police confrontation. He said that he had to give his son advice in what to do, and said he told his son the "rules of engagement" when in contact with the police,

1. "make sure that you have no sudden movements"......

2. "that you have to de-escalate a situation, that you didn't escalate in the first place, and the only reason it's escalated is because of the color of your skin."

3. "But you can't do what you see your white friends doing, because they, with the police they can do whatever they wanted to do, they can not comply and everything like that, and they will get to live."

4. When the police pull me over, I have to follow set of guidelines. It doesn't matter what I've accomplished in life, or who I am, or what tax bracket I'm in, I'm a black man and I'm a threat."

ALL of these show a lack of understanding of reality, and instead, a following of Democrat Party propaganda.

1. What Thomas omitted here, is that you must make sure that your hands are VISIBLE & EMPTY. Sudden movements aren't really that important. You could do a tap dance in front of the cop, and he/she won't care much, but if your hands go out of the cop's sight, you will be shot. Unfortunately, our schools are run by liberals (clueless about cops and guns), and they don't teach this massively important point.

2. When the cops are confronting someone, there is a REASON, which deals with crime, not skin color. George Floyd, Jason Blake, Michael Brown, Walter Scott, Terrence Crutcher, etc, all had committed or were suspected of crimes, including resisting arrest. If they had simply cooperated with the officer, they would not have been shot.

3. FALSE! Police shoot and kill white people as well as any other race. And if whites allow their hands to disappear from the officer's view, they will be shot, and probably killed (as in the case of Daniel Shaver, who reached behind him, and was shot dead,

4. The only guideline that anybody, of any race, has to follow is cooperate with the police, don't resist, and keep your hands VISIBLE & EMPTY.

While police brutality and extrajudicial executions are not a unique problem to the black community, everyone has also seen numerous examples of police ignoring white nationalists who brandish long guns and beating peaceful protestors. You can't claim that there is no systemic racism in these police departments. Everyone with eyes can see it plainly.

While police brutality and extrajudicial executions are not a unique problem to the black community, everyone has also seen numerous examples of police ignoring white nationalists who brandish long guns and beating peaceful protestors. You can't claim that there is no systemic racism in these police departments. Everyone with eyes can see it plainly.
There has only been anti-rioters (whom you call "white nationalists") beating NON-peaceful protestors who UNpeacefully assault them with loud megaphones in their face, try to steal American flags, and just physically attack them. The anti-rioters just fight back in self-defense.

As for brandishing long guns, so what ? They do it in states where open carry is legal, and they excercise their 2nd amendment rights. Why shouldn't they ? This is exactly what the founding fathers provided.

I'd like to see you provide us with a definition of the term "systemic racism" I've heard a lot of people use this phrase, and when questioned, they're unable to state what it means. Looks to mean like racism that is within the government system. Well, that would be Affirmative Action in very large quantity. Of police brutality, that is a drop in the bucket, inflated by left media to create a rallying cry for Democrats every 4 years.

Ps - is there something wrong with being "white" ? Something wrong with "nationalism" ? Both look OK to me.

The scenario you describe is a result of ordinary citizens (whom you call "white nationalists" - LOL) fighting back against lunatic rioters, looters, vandals, window smashers,et who are anything but peaceful.

If/when cops don't act, that is because of an overall standdown order given to them by Democrat mayors to let leftist radicals go nuts. When the responders take action against the lefty loonies, the cops are still standing down.

And maybe you haven't been following the news lately, but the leftist narrative of so-called "peaceful protestors" has been junked, in place of condemning the rioting and lawlessness. Even Biden has now joined in, pretending to be opposed to the lunacy (after months of silent advocacy). Apparently, seeing his approval numbers dropping fast, was enough for him to switch gears. :rolleyes:

Even though my white son has always been respectful of cops, I went over this stuff with him he first started driving. And now I constantly ask him what he would do if pulled over with gun in car. I haven't asked him what he would do if confronted by a mob...pretty sure I don't want to hear the answer.
The ONLY time I was pulled over with a firearm in the car it was at night the firearm was on the seat next to me and as soon as the cop reached the first thing I said because it was dark was " I have a firearm in the car". He did not draw but he made me get out asked where the firearm was and then patted me down. He also asked why I told him and I said "because I don't want you to not see it and suddenly see it and get worried."

The scenario you describe is a result of ordinary citizens (whom you call "white nationalists" - LOL) fighting back against lunatic rioters, looters, vandals, window smashers,et who are anything but peaceful.

If/when cops don't act, that is because of an overall standdown order given to them by Democrat mayors to let leftist radicals go nuts. When the responders take action against the lefty loonies, the cops are still standing down.

And maybe you haven't been following the news lately, but the leftist narrative of so-called "peaceful protestors" has been junked, in place of condemning the rioting and lawlessness. Even Biden has now joined in, pretending to be opposed to the lunacy (after months of silent advocacy). Apparently, seeing his approval numbers dropping fast, was enough for him to switch gears. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how you spin it. When these worthless trumpfisti cross state lines, to involve themselves in local politics that they are no legitimate interest in. That isn't "fighting back." They are acting against people who never injured them. And for what, so they can get some sick kicks?

Well, the people aren't going to take being the targets of human hunting. They have NO DUTY TO RETREAT. And all the video evidence proves that trumpfisti are a threat as soon as they can seen.

It doesn't matter how you spin it. When these worthless trumpfisti cross state lines, to involve themselves in local politics that they are no legitimate interest in. That isn't "fighting back." They are acting against people who never injured them. And for what, so they can get some sick kicks?

Well, the people aren't going to take being the targets of human hunting. They have NO DUTY TO RETREAT. And all the video evidence proves that trumpfisti are a threat as soon as they can seen.
LOL Ya just IGNORE the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of protestors that are moving from city to city proven by arrest records. I guess that IS ok with you right?

Forum List

Back