The Left is blowing it with this "systemic racism" thing

If one is looking for systemic racism then they will need to do more than talk. They will need to demonstrate it. That is going to require actual knowledge of the system.
What if i told you that people have been demonstrating it for decades, but too many people don't care or even like it? And this is going to suddenly work, now?

Much (about half) of "inequality" is due to genetic factors which cannot be cured, corrected, rectified, or even mitigated without an intensive campaign of education that can never occur in the American public school system
Well this is incoherent.

When I see terms like "institutional racism" or "systemic racism", not only am I not clear on what they specifically mean, but then the fact that we've tried to address them with laws just muddies the waters for me.

The ultimate goal isn't to address the racism. The ultimate goal is to prime the pump for reparations. If you make the claim that 50 years of civil rights legislation can't level the playing field, then only reparations can do it.
Ah yes, already rigging the game for yourself to give yourself an excuse to marginalize or ignore the efforts to address the racism.

I guess the Left figured or figures that adding another layer to the racism issue would be advantageous in some way, but all I see it doing is diluting the conversation.
All it's doing it staking over the Democratic party. I am happy to see of ya'll fighting back.
I have not seen them do that at all.
You'll have to go outside your ideological bubble to see it. Not hard to find.

OK, I will say what none of you has the balls to say:

Much (about half) of "inequality" is due to genetic factors which cannot be cured, corrected, rectified, or even mitigated without an intensive campaign of education that can never occur in the American public school system. The AVERAGE IQ of African Americans is about 85.
That's so incorrect I"m not even going to bother with the rest of the post. Feel free to show evidence of that and make me eat crow.

I guess the Left figured or figures that adding another layer to the racism issue would be advantageous in some way, but all I see it doing is diluting the conversation.

It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country and focus on some vague term that they can make even MORE vague.

Rule 1 of effective communication: Keep it simple, clear, focused. Now the Trumpster Right can fiddle around with "systemic racism" and take our eyes off the ball.

Bad idea.
..it's a myth like police brutality and systematic racism
..here's some more:

It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country and focus on some vague term that they can make even MORE vague.

Rule 1 of effective communication: Keep it simple, clear, focused. Now the Trumpster Right can fiddle around with "systemic racism" and take our eyes off the ball.

Bad idea.
no one has proved there is a problem of racism or police brutality = there is no racism or police brutality
,,so --unless YOU can prove it, it's bullshit
here:

Bad idea.
no one has proved there is a problem of racism or police brutality = there is no racism or police brutality
,,so --unless YOU can prove it, it's bullshit
here:
I don't know if your denials are ignorance or dishonesty. Doesn't matter.

“Systemic racism is not a loaded term, propaganda, or an accusation; it is a statement of fact. It is reality for people of color and other minorities. It is the existence of white privilege and unfairness. There are hundreds of examples, but to name a few: voter disenfranchisement, inequality in court sentences and disparities in health care.”

To paraphrase Sen. Kamala Harris: similar to ‘cancel culture’ and ‘identity politics,’ the wrongheaded notion that the fact of systemic racism is somehow ‘false’ is a bad-faith effort to divide the American people, to minimize and marginalize issues that impact all of us, and to silence those critical of failed, harmful conservative political dogma and policies.

Do you have problems identifying white racists? I dont.. Do ya think they are any of threat in terms of wielding power or influence? I don't.. Not ignoring them.. Just sayin' they are "endangered species".. Nobody I know is "empowering" them because they cant even articulate the basis for their racism.

There are a LOT of systemic problems that LOOK LIKE RACISM -- but affect EVERYONE.. It's true in justice reform. It's true in cities that have high fines for broken taillights and non-criminal offenses. Access to CHOICE in education is a systemic problem that too many confuse with race..

So -- these SYSTEMIC issues DO NEED TO GET FIXED.. But NOT from a direction of fixing them ONLY for Black Americans.. And in fact, MOST of this fixing occurs on a local/state level -- not a national level.. These are HIGH PRIORITY "systemic" issues that need to be addressed.. But not "race by race"..

“Systemic racism is not a loaded term, propaganda, or an accusation; it is a statement of fact. It is reality for people of color and other minorities. It is the existence of white privilege and unfairness. There are hundreds of examples, but to name a few: voter disenfranchisement, inequality in court sentences and disparities in health care.”

To paraphrase Sen. Kamala Harris: similar to ‘cancel culture’ and ‘identity politics,’ the wrongheaded notion that the fact of systemic racism is somehow ‘false’ is a bad-faith effort to divide the American people, to minimize and marginalize issues that impact all of us, and to silence those critical of failed, harmful conservative political dogma and policies.

It's a great OP Ed.. I'm sure you didn't read it critically tho, because YOU constantly argue against many of the assertions this woman makes.. Not gonna get into that.. But let's see if the EXAMPLES of systemic racism she gave -- fit the paradigm I just offered about being SYSTEMIC, but not necessarily racial...

Systemic racism is not a loaded term, propaganda, or an accusation; it is a statement of fact. It is reality for people of color and other minorities. It is the existence of white privilege and unfairness. There are hundreds of examples, but to name a few: voter disenfranchisement, inequality in court sentences and disparities in health care.

Voter Disenfranchisement -- Parties CONSTANTLY abandon support for losing races.. Focus time, money, effort on those they can WIN.. So, in the South, where the 40%of Democrats lose ALL THE TIME, the party put no effort in recruiting, or publicizing or fund raising for candidates.. And OFTEN in House races -- disenfranchises ALL the voters by not even having a Dem candidate on the ballot.. That's MASSIVE wholesale "voter disenfranchment"...

Another example is poorly maintained registrar data.. Affects EVERYONE.. There might be a statistically significant greater impact on blacks because of name confusion, or false matches to felons, but hurts blacks also when rich white voters who are registered in two or more states aren't removed because the state won't share or check those records..

Having early voting disproportionally benefited the economically vulnerable. NOT just blacks. But was CHAMPIONED into play because it was "systemically racist" to force people to lose pay and jobs for voting..

Inequality in court sentences could mean a LOT of things. Some LAWS are blatantly racist, but were passed with OVERWHELMING bipartisan support.. NOT BY RACISTS.. LOL. Like crack vs powder.. Or 3 strikes.. But at the top of sentencing is the prior record of encounters with the law for similar crime.. And that is a failure of judicial penalties to PRECLUDE recidivism.,. And that''s a problem that AINT racial -- but it IS "systemic"...

Last edited:

It also betrays intent. They aren't interested in just addressing racism, they want to use it as an excuse to change "the system". Both the pandemic, and BLM, are being used to justify various Democrat agenda items, from cranking up minimum wage to socializing health care.

Bad idea.
affirmative action is systemic racism so yes I guess it still exist

Bad idea.
Are you out of your mind? It doesn't matter what type of racism the trump chumps are going to deny it.

Bad idea.
If the battle was a marketing gimmick maybe you’d be right. No matter how overtly ugly “in your face” racism may look on camera it doesn’t have the lasting effect of institutional racism. It’s the years of institutional racism that has denied a large pocket of our population the ability to build family equity, limited the educational opportunities, jailed them with longer sentences, and segregated into the least desirable locations.

I think the mistake, which you hit on, is acting like institutional racism is currently happening bigly. It isn’t. It lives in policing and the court system but less so than ever in education and business. However it’s the lasting effects of years of prior systemic racism that is still affecting outcomes. We liberals are complaining right now to align public courage to address but we need to move to problem solving. Hopefully starting Nov 4th.
It does exist just as much in education and business.

Forum List

Back