The Left is blowing it with this "systemic racism" thing

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I guess the Left figured or figures that adding another layer to the racism issue would be advantageous in some way, but all I see it doing is diluting the conversation.

It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country and focus on some vague term that they can make even MORE vague.

Rule 1 of effective communication: Keep it simple, clear, focused. Now the Trumpster Right can fiddle around with "systemic racism" and take our eyes off the ball.

Bad idea.

So now you've not only got this flaming case of TDS, but you've also caught a ripping case of WHITE HATE?

All your post does is show two things, 1, you're off your damn rocker with HATE yourself nowadays, and 2, that democrats are the race pimping party of trash, and you're riding their band wagon.

Have a nice day.

I guess the Left figured or figures that adding another layer to the racism issue would be advantageous in some way, but all I see it doing is diluting the conversation.

It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country and focus on some vague term that they can make even MORE vague.

Rule 1 of effective communication: Keep it simple, clear, focused. Now the Trumpster Right can fiddle around with "systemic racism" and take our eyes off the ball.

Bad idea.

It became vague right after the start. It is vague in your post. Right here: It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country

If you want progress then it will be necessary for you to get very specific with whom the Trumpster Right is as well as "all of the standard". Blanket statements do more harm than good.

3 may only be a fluke. 24? Well, it's likely actually only the tip of the iceberg. This has been an issue in many cities. How do you get ahead when the system is simply making up crimes against you?

LAPD Officers Charged With Falsifying Gang Records Could Disrupt Over 750 Criminal Cases

Do you really want to argue over the minutia of what constitutes "systematic" when we have stuff like this going on and many people not understanding why we need police reform?

If one is looking for systemic racism then they will need to do more than talk. They will need to demonstrate it. That is going to require actual knowledge of the system.

All it's doing it staking over the Democratic party. I am happy to see of ya'll fighting back.

Bad idea.
If the battle was a marketing gimmick maybe you’d be right. No matter how overtly ugly “in your face” racism may look on camera it doesn’t have the lasting effect of institutional racism. It’s the years of institutional racism that has denied a large pocket of our population the ability to build family equity, limited the educational opportunities, jailed them with longer sentences, and segregated into the least desirable locations.

I think the mistake, which you hit on, is acting like institutional racism is currently happening bigly. It isn’t. It lives in policing and the court system but less so than ever in education and business. However it’s the lasting effects of years of prior systemic racism that is still affecting outcomes. We liberals are complaining right now to align public courage to address but we need to move to problem solving. Hopefully starting Nov 4th.

It's the only racism problem that can be directly addressed with legislation and law suit. There is no political solution to people being stupid assholes
That's an awesome, and true response.

It's the only racism problem that can be directly addressed with legislation and law suit. There is no political solution to people being stupid assholes
I disagree. I’ve loaded my liberal “cancel culture” weapon and I’m ready to shoot. Show me an asshole. :)

Back in the old days, many people were saved from becoming stupid assholes by getting their asses kicked.
dbb46940d4fccf4d5cd5ad04209bf3cf.jpg

Bad idea.

It became vague right after the start. It is vague in your post. Right here: It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country

If you want progress then it will be necessary for you to get very specific with whom the Trumpster Right is as well as "all of the standard". Blanket statements do more harm than good.
If what I'm talking about isn't clear to you, there's nothing else I can say.

Bad idea.
If the battle was a marketing gimmick maybe you’d be right. No matter how overtly ugly “in your face” racism may look on camera it doesn’t have the lasting effect of institutional racism. It’s the years of institutional racism that has denied a large pocket of our population the ability to build family equity, limited the educational opportunities, jailed them with longer sentences, and segregated into the least desirable locations.

I think the mistake, which you hit on, is acting like institutional racism is currently happening bigly. It isn’t. It lives in policing and the court system but less so than ever in education and business. However it’s the lasting effects of years of prior systemic racism that is still affecting outcomes. We liberals are complaining right now to align public courage to address but we need to move to problem solving. Hopefully starting Nov 4th.
Yeah, that's where I go off the rails a bit. When I see terms like "institutional racism" or "systemic racism", not only am I not clear on what they specifically mean, but then the fact that we've tried to address them with laws just muddies the waters for me. The core problem is (still) pronounced enough that I think just focusing on it would be more efficient and effective in the long run.

That's assuming we're actually trying to improve race relations and equality for all. I'm not really even sure that's what we're doing at this point.

Bad idea.
If the Democratic party did not support systemic racism, it wouldn't even exist.

Everybody who votes Democrat is voting for racism, division and oppression.

In 2016, it turns out calling everyone who disagrees with you a 'Deplorable' wasn't a winning strategy. It seems people don't like being denigrated for having different opinions.

This election, the Democrats have doubled-down on the strategy, calling everyone who doesn't support them a racist.

I don't think it will work out well for them.

Bad idea.
/——/ “all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country”
That’s no way to talk about your fellow democRATs.

Forum List

Back