The Left is blowing it with this "systemic racism" thing

I guess the Left figured or figures that adding another layer to the racism issue would be advantageous in some way, but all I see it doing is diluting the conversation.

It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country and focus on some vague term that they can make even MORE vague.

Rule 1 of effective communication: Keep it simple, clear, focused. Now the Trumpster Right can fiddle around with "systemic racism" and take our eyes off the ball.

Bad idea.
affirmative action is systemic racism so yes I guess it still exist
No it is not.

I guess the Left figured or figures that adding another layer to the racism issue would be advantageous in some way, but all I see it doing is diluting the conversation.

It's allowing the Trumpster Right to ignore all of the standard, mouth-breathing, buttcrack-scratching, ignorant, paranoid white racism that still exists in this country and focus on some vague term that they can make even MORE vague.

Rule 1 of effective communication: Keep it simple, clear, focused. Now the Trumpster Right can fiddle around with "systemic racism" and take our eyes off the ball.

Bad idea.
No it is not.
Why isn't it? give preferential treat to one race over another race directed by the government is systemic racism

Bad idea.
No it is not.
Why isn't it? give preferential treat to one race over another race directed by the government is systemic racism
It's not giving preferential treatment to anyone, that's why.

Bad idea.
If the battle was a marketing gimmick maybe you’d be right. No matter how overtly ugly “in your face” racism may look on camera it doesn’t have the lasting effect of institutional racism. It’s the years of institutional racism that has denied a large pocket of our population the ability to build family equity, limited the educational opportunities, jailed them with longer sentences, and segregated into the least desirable locations.

I think the mistake, which you hit on, is acting like institutional racism is currently happening bigly. It isn’t. It lives in policing and the court system but less so than ever in education and business. However it’s the lasting effects of years of prior systemic racism that is still affecting outcomes. We liberals are complaining right now to align public courage to address but we need to move to problem solving. Hopefully starting Nov 4th.
It does exist just as much in education and business.
Meh. Maybe I oversold.

Progress has been made in business for sure. Only having 1% of CEOs being black is an obvious gap still today. I guess I’m simply more optimistic when today’s young leaders are 20 year veterans it’ll be different for them.

Education is tricky. I feel legacy of racism and segregation are a bigger issue than current racism in education today. I’m open for debate on it but your opportunity skyrockets as you get into better systems across all groups. Black Americans do lag other groups at every economic level so I won’t argue there is no racism, just the level of impact is weighed towards which system you start in and that is a legacy problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Bad idea.
If the battle was a marketing gimmick maybe you’d be right. No matter how overtly ugly “in your face” racism may look on camera it doesn’t have the lasting effect of institutional racism. It’s the years of institutional racism that has denied a large pocket of our population the ability to build family equity, limited the educational opportunities, jailed them with longer sentences, and segregated into the least desirable locations.

I think the mistake, which you hit on, is acting like institutional racism is currently happening bigly. It isn’t. It lives in policing and the court system but less so than ever in education and business. However it’s the lasting effects of years of prior systemic racism that is still affecting outcomes. We liberals are complaining right now to align public courage to address but we need to move to problem solving. Hopefully starting Nov 4th.
Meh. Maybe I oversold.

Progress has been made in business for sure. Only having 1% of CEOs being black is an obvious gap still today. I guess I’m simply more optimistic when today’s young leaders are 20 year veterans it’ll be different for them.

Education is tricky. I feel legacy of racism and segregation are a bigger issue than current racism in education today. I’m open for debate on it but your opportunity skyrockets as you get into better systems across all groups. Black Americans do lag other groups at every economic level so I won’t argue there is no racism, just the level of impact is weighed towards which system you start in and that is a legacy problem.
I agree with you that it exists on the legacy level, but you can't read the stuff these guys write and expect that it doesn't currently exist in the current system.

It also betrays intent. They aren't interested in just addressing racism, they want to use it as an excuse to change "the system". Both the pandemic, and BLM, are being used to justify various Democrat agenda items, from cranking up minimum wage to socializing health care.
In that wingers will try to leverage and expand pretty much anything to advance their agenda, I can see that as a possibility.

Right now it sure looks like the Right is doing everything it can to help them, though. It's denying that ANY racism exists and it's COMPLETELY blowing it by conflating BLM the group with BLM the movement.

Bad idea.
no one has proved there is a problem of racism or police brutality = there is no racism or police brutality
,,so --unless YOU can prove it, it's bullshit
here:
I don't know if your denials are ignorance or dishonesty. Doesn't matter.
don't have to deny anything---there's nothing to deny hahahahhahahaha
..you people provide NO evidence of anything = babble crap

Bad idea.
Are you out of your mind? It doesn't matter what type of racism the trump chumps are going to deny it.
Of course they are. I'm talking about the conversation on a macro level.

If they going to deny it, why does the Left bring it up? Because other people are listening.

Do you have problems identifying white racists? I dont.. Do ya think they are any of threat in terms of wielding power or influence? I don't..
Oh, I sure do.

I/We have a bit of an unfair advantage. While I'm half Hispanic, I look more like my Austrian half. While my wife is half Latino, she looks more like her English half. While our beautiful daughters are obviously mixed, you really can't tell what the hell they are. And all of us have had the same experience many times: When people find out our actual ethnicity, they laugh and say, "I've always wondered what you were!" I've always liked that.

And I can tell you that, many many times, I've found myself in conversations where a person I never would have thought was a fucking bigot just fucking let 'er rip. This includes business people, local and state politicians, investing clients, civic leaders. And my wife and daughters have had similar experiences. And of course, all of that is on top of the regular racism I've seen first hand surrounding our completely mixed-race extended family, Hispanic/Latino to Japanese to Nigerian.

So no, I don't buy any of this denial shit, none of it. While I'd like to think it's simplistic, gutter-level ignorance, I usually tend to think that it's something else. By first hand, personal experience.

Last edited:

It also betrays intent. They aren't interested in just addressing racism, they want to use it as an excuse to change "the system". Both the pandemic, and BLM, are being used to justify various Democrat agenda items, from cranking up minimum wage to socializing health care.
In that wingers will try to leverage and expand pretty much anything to advance their agenda, I can see that as a possibility.

Right now it sure looks like the Right is doing everything it can to help them, though. It's denying that ANY racism exists and it's COMPLETELY blowing it by conflating BLM the group with BLM the movement.
both burn city blocks and kill/murder/ rape white people b/c of their skin color as well as use extortion.
other than that keep on telling lies

both burn city blocks and kill/murder/ rape white people b/c of their skin color as well as use extortion.
What does that have to do with my post?

Where did I lie, precisely?

Do you have problems identifying white racists? I dont.. Do ya think they are any of threat in terms of wielding power or influence? I don't..
Oh, I sure do.

I/We have a bit of an unfair advantage. While I'm half Hispanic, I look more like my Austrian half. While my wife is half Latino, she looks more like her English half. While our beautiful daughters are obviously mixed, you really can't tell what the hell they are. And all of us have had the same experience many times: When people find out our actual ethnicity, they laugh and say, "I've always wondered what you were!" I've always liked that.

And I can tell you that, many many times, I've found myself in conversations where a person I never would have thought was a fucking bigot just fucking let 'er rip. This includes business people, local and state politicians, investing clients, civic leaders. And my wife and daughters have had similar experiences. And of course, all of that is on top of the regular racism I've seen first hand surrounding our completely mixed-race extended family, Hispanic/Latino to Japanese to Nigerian.

So no, I don't buy any of this denial shit, none of it. While I'd like to think it's simplistic, gutter-level ignorance, I usually tend to think that it's something else. By first hand, personal experience.
The gutter talk is wrong. The destruction of an individual is wrong also. The real issue is how those comments are made. Our government has made through agendas reasons for people to say things. On all of the sides. It would be good to eliminate most of it. There are so many other ways that people mess with others though. And it could be diverse in its application.

The OP is wrong on multiple fronts...

1. Systemic racism IS a simple concept, and only those invented in it are the ones pretending that it doesn't exist and/or they don't understand it.

2. Moreover there has ALREADY been much, much, much, much discussion about the regular racism you're referring to and the same agents claim ignorance and/or it doesn't exist.

The simple fact is that for too many American whites, they simply loathe the very topic of racism and are often dishonest about it.

That may be starting to change though, but don't expect it to be an easy or pleasant process.

Oh, I sure do.

Who hasn't uncovered some racism? Doesn't mean these folks are a "power factor" or threat. Bought my current house about 15 years ago.. Covenants and deeds excluded Jews.. I just chuckled, but mentioned it to HOA.. They can't change the covenants, but they can ignore them.. I'm not pushing a court case or demonstrating over it.,.

Generally, when I score a racist catch, they are blue collar folks that just grew up during segregation. Talk about fishing with their negro neighbors and how they let them keep the catch. We've cranked up the requirements for NOT being racist into the stupid level.. Hallmark cards are racist.. MATH IS RACIST.. Actually not. In either case.

Turns out -- the majority of BLACKS in America PREFER to live segregated.. It's just a fact.. A lot of minorities and 1st gen immigrants also do.. Is that RACISM??? I've seen clashes when new mandated low income housing are given to hispanic immigrants or when a Synagogue wants to buy a property in their neighborhoods for a day care/religious school.. I DONT consider that racism. I consider that a desire to remain culturally dominate. And I understand it.. Even leads to gang violence between black and hispanic youth.. This is not racist BUT -- it sure leads to massive hypocrisy about the flower covered "multicultural bus" we're all supposed to be riding in..

Math and statistics are racist when the PROPER math of normalizing to group prevalence is used. It's racist because WHITE COMMIT MORE CRIMES, but PROPORTIONATELY, blacks do.. But when twice as many unarmed whites are killed in a year -- SUDDENLY "proportional" statistics matter again.. That's why math is racist.. :aargh::aargh::aargh:

So what I'm saying here is that (for example) to FIX the case of unarmed police killings -- one should be NOT be approaching that from a point of "systemic racism".. Not JUST because of the math -- but because of facts like having these killings of blacks occur in cities where they politically DOMINANT the power structure.. And because it's the right thing to do for EVERYONE'S civil rights and liberties..

That's why I believe the majority of "systemic racism" issues are SYSTEMIC, but affect EVERYONE in that locale and arena.. ESPECIALLY when the "proportion affected" are MORE correlated by economic and education issues -- than by race..

Just another reason why we're NOT FIXING any systemic issues...

Last edited:

Bad idea.

That’s because the Marxists infiltrating education are racist.

Bad idea.

What element of Marxism are you seeing? Educate me. I’d be surprised if you have an answer.

Bad idea.

What element of Marxism are you seeing? Educate me. I’d be surprised if you have an answer.
It’s identity politics and based in cultural Marxism. Everything is viewed through a racial lens/people are treated according to that lens . Privileged white liberals dole out social credits to move minorities up to their level of “privilege“ based on perceived victimhood. Not all minorities measure up or have the same amount of social credit.

Racism.

so you are the main stream media?

is that you Brian Stelter?

so you are the main stream media?

is that you Brian Stelter?
You're not making any sense. Never mind.

Forum List

Back