The Left Has Denied the Legitimacy of Every Single Republican President Since the Elder Bush in 1988

It was never claimed that anybody did something illegal in order to win. That’s a lie. If that was the ruling then there would be criminal charges. That wasn’t the case. The case was about procedures taken for public health reasons during a pandemic. Not actions taken to steal an election
sure thing courts did the acts were illegal

what part of that don’t you grasp?

sure thing courts did the acts were illegal

what part of that don’t you grasp?
I grasp all of it and explained why that doesn’t amount to a stolen election. Are you going to keep dodging my points and repeating yourself? Cause if that’s the case then we are just wasting time here

Why they would want to make voting easier and increase turn out? You’re really wondering about why they would want to do that?!

Maybe because the nation has been torn apart with concerns about security because of those changes?

I grasp all of it and explained why that doesn’t amount to a stolen election. Are you going to keep dodging my points and repeating yourself? Cause if that’s the case then we are just wasting time here
you aren’t making any points…you are simply trying to defend the results of illegal acts

No one younger than 52 has voted in a Presidential Election where the Republican winner was not considered illegitimate by the Left and Press (I repeat myself).

But it’s a wild conspiracy and dangerous talk to discuss the legitimacy of Joe that’ll get you banned on every social media platform.

1988 was 34 years ago. This is not my usual both 2000 and 1980 where 20 years ago whittering (though I am correct about that), this is a discussion about age and the Eternal Now and how the simple passage of time affects political analysis.

I am going to use 18 as a baseline age here because that is US voting age. For anyone 52 years and younger, 1988 was the first Presidential election in which they could vote. That was when GHWB was elected President. You have to be 60 now to have voted for Reagan in 1980

GHWB is the last Republican President to be elected without Democrats claiming his election was illegitimate. 2000 was 22 years ago. For anyone 40 and younger, every Republican President since they were eligible to vote has been considered illegitimate by both Dems and the press.

For those of us upper end Gen X and older, it is difficult to internalize that Bill Clinton being President is as remote to Millennials and younger as, say, Nixon being President is to upper end Gen X. Sure, it happened but that's history. Ancient history.

2008 is 14 years ago. You would have to be at least 32 and then 28 to have voted for Obama. For younger Millennials and upper end Gen Z, that's the President when they were kids and they maybe sorta remember that being a big thing.

2016 is six years ago. You have to be at least 24 to have voted for Trump. The point of going through this chronology is to stress, as many others, that for the last 22 years, every Republican President has been considered illegitimate by large swathes of the press and public.

If you are under 40, you grew up in a world in which a Republican being President was deemed per se illegitimate. You grew up in a world where what those illegitimate Presidents did was per se illegitimate. It is the air you breathed and the water you drank. This is what you know

This is simply the truth. Bush was installed by the Supreme Court and then did *handwave* something wrong to be re-elected, after all, he shouldn't have been President in the first place. Republicans play a game with the Electoral College, which is anti-democratic, to win.

Every Republican President is wrong and everything they do is wrong, and Trump let Russians change votes to make him President so what he did was extra super wrong. Since everything they did is wrong, then every action they took is wrong and SCOTUS is illegitimate. It's logic.

It is irrelevant whether this is true. It is what two generations of people have been told. People believe this because why would those people who are the experts in politics say this if it wasn't true? That's what they are paid to do, that's what they know, they wouldn't lie.

I comprehend the urge to eyeroll when the wailing starts about how SCOTUS is illegitimate because the justices were appointed by Presidents who did not win the popular vote and thus are illegitimate. It is eyeroll worthy. However. Enormous numbers of people who vote believe this.

Many a pixel has been slain, and that's just by me, decrying the total lack of knowledge of how the American electoral system works. Many more have been slain noting how destructive this is to public discourse. I am here to tell you that it will only get worse.

Another part of my internet life is very Left indeed. I keep my mouth shut over there because that's where I go to try to escape politics. I am here to tell you that the Kids These Days do not understand what Dobbs did. They believe, utterly, that abortion was just banned.

They believe that Republicans are an existential threat to democracy and that Republicans should be banned from all manner of things, practicing medicine, practicing law, going to college at all, holding jobs, partaking in society at large. Because Republicans are evil and cheat.

A very few people there know that I have a JD and I was asked privately to explain what Dobbs meant. When I told those people that Dobbs meant states decided abortion laws and that CA and NY now have some of the most permissive laws in the world, I was met with shock.

Why? Because all the news sources they consume told them otherwise. I was accused of lying. I was accused of making it up. And when they went and checked and found out I was correct, the utter cognitive dissonance was painful to behold. Because these sources they trust lied.

The response was not to question worldview and whether those sources were lying to them about other matters. The response was ego defense. Okay well this is wrong but TX banned and that's what the rest of the country will do and they weren't lying, they were just upset!

That is the mental barrier with which messaging that's not fully of the Left, let alone being of the Right, is up against. Two generations of being told that Republicans are evil cheaters who aren't a legitimate political party. Two generations of no civics education, not really.

People don't like to question priors because doing so means admitting you did not interpret the world correctly and the ego will defend against that. It's been +/- 18 years since I've had to admit my view of Middle Eastern geopolitics was absolutely wrong. I'm still bitter.

We discuss Othering and that is also a problem. But there are two generations of Americans for whom a baseline worldview is that if the Republicans win, that can be ignored because it's not legitimate. And that I don't see changing. It's only going to get uglier from here. /fin

Nonsense. Meanwhile, Trump is telling his team that he must be elected to avoid criminal prosecution. He will turn on everyone down to the lowliest White House staffer. It will be a bloodbath.

Maybe because the nation has been torn apart with concerns about security because of those changes?
The nation has been torn apart because of an egomaniac who would rather spread a lie about a stolen election than admit defeat.

i didn’t say it did…just that it was illegal as the court said

thus stolen
The clarification by the court does not make any ballot cast in the election invalid, illegal, or change the results of the election in any way.

The clarification by the court does not make any ballot cast in the election invalid, illegal, or change the results of the election in any way.
all the ones that came from the illegal act are illegitimate…sure it’s not gonna undo the fact xiden is president but it certainly makes his admin illegitimate and he’ll have a * besides these very dark times in our history

all the ones that came from the illegal act are illegitimate…sure it’s not gonna undo the fact xiden is president but it certainly makes his admin illegitimate and he’ll have a * besides these very dark times in our history
If it were a criminal act. The only person ushering dark times in our history is "Benedict Donald" and his moroonie band of supporters who apparently don't know much about American elections law.

Last edited:
No one younger than 52 has voted in a Presidential Election where the Republican winner was not considered illegitimate by the Left and Press (I repeat myself).

So, what you are saying is that the left denied the legitimacy of a total of two presidents.

And during that same time frame the right has denied the legitimacy of a total of two presidents.

Thank you for once again highlighting how alike the two sides are.

whatever you have to tell yourself to defend the results of illegal acts
Are you saying it was not a unanimous decision 6-0 with all three members of the Commission voting for the Drop boxes? How about the fact that both parties candidates encouraged the use of the drop boxes during the campaign?

Are you saying it was not a unanimous decision 6-0 with all three members of the Commission voting for the Drop boxes? How about the fact that both parties candidates encouraged the use of the drop boxes during the campaign?
i am saying it was illegal…what part of that don’t you get?

If it were a criminal act. The only person ushering dark times in our history is "Benedict Donald" and his moroonie band of supporters who apparently don't know much about American elections law.
i said it was illegal…not all illegal acts are criminal

and trump had nothing to do with the illegal act.

well it was election law that was violated! the courts ruled it was illegal! haha geez dembot

Forum List

Back